HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Thank you. :)

You're welcome. :duff

Exactly what I have planned. Did you use a regular acrylic or would you recommend layering up acrylic wash?

I used acrylic.
I used very little paint... what I did was dip the brush in paint then wiped the brush on a paper towel removing most paint, then slowly go over the eyelids.
Did that a few times until the eyelids were dark enough.
I didnt have to darken mine much cause the shelf its in is already dark due to adding the blue filter in my lighting.
So you would probably add a tad more layers of paint if you're lighting is bright.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Yeah, I was gonna ask if there is a specific brand/prefered Flat Black Acrylic Paint I should use for painting the Eyelids?

Or no, just any?

And where to get it? Like "Michael's" or something?

I used tamiya acrylics, but really, any acrylic paint should work such as the ones sold at Michael's.

Just be aware the more expensive higher grade acrylics are a little glossy. Like Golden and Liquitex. Both of which are sold at Michaels. If your more or less dry brushing which it sounds like what remy did, it shouldnt be a problem. But if you are going a little heavier then the surface may come out glossier then you want.

I'm no Maglor, but here's some photos I took.

DSC04970_zpsce6d4577.jpg

DSC04961_zps9017152d.jpg

DSC04954_zps26f74311.jpg

DSC04939_zpsba720104.jpg

DSC04937_zps9233d337.jpg

Yeah, I was gonna ask if there is a specific brand/prefered Flat Black Acrylic Paint I should use for painting the Eyelids?

Or no, just any?

And where to get it? Like "Michael's" or something?

Unlike most people (probably), I used, an artist grade acrylic, cheaper, and easier to find, bought mine at a bookstore. It came out glossy, but, I mixed it with a Tamiya flat base, that I have a bunch of, and it came out super flat and perfect.
@Kameo Kid. AWESOME!

I need some inspiration.... Do any of you guys have Bats in a cool fighting pose? Yes, I intend to copy it:lol I just can't seem to find a good way to pose him, other than looking down. I've got three HT Bats doing the same thing!

So can you guys post some pics!?

anyone? I don't know HOW to make my guy do this... he will not bend this way.

dxbat8_zpsf296f81d.jpg

It just takes patience and a little effort the shoulders seem to have a solid ratchet joint in their rotation so they can be stiff and not want to move up. Basically rotate the right about 90 degrees up so his arms straight out then bend at the elbow so his hands close to the chest bring the left arm up about 45 and bend the elbow up to get the hand to the same height as the other then just fiddle the gun around. The armor and gun design wont let you get it right against his face for aiming without looking high and wierd but tilting the head and neck and using the pers can make it close enough.

Hope that helps any serious posing just takes patience and nerve to stretch what may be the figures limits.

As for mods no mods mine is the one in the pic holding the emp gun and is completely stock and will probably stay that way save for a cape. Im no stranger to modding but the figure is so nice as is he doesnt need mods to look good like previous figures. He can look better with them but he still can look amazing stock.

Silly question: What is the color scheme of the batsuit? I know its not just black. Thanks fellas.

yeah, I didnt remove the PERS.
I think its only advisable to remove the PERS if you're planning on sculpting the eyelids to shape it like he is squinting.

What I did was have him look all the way up then paint the eyelids and have a wet Q-tip handy in case I screw up to quickly wipe the accidental paint in the white areas of the eye.
Also, by having him look up, even if you screw up, it wont be noticeable when you roll his eyes back down again as the white portion of the eye will now be at the bottom of the eyelids when you have him look straight again.

Also, if you really bugger it up badly, using acrylics, if you use some Windex it will strip the acrylic paint you just slathered all over Batmans left eyeball no problem. :D

Hi guys I recently ordered a DX12 and was going to order one of robbies faceplates as well as the custom cape from lforigno51 on ebay.

I would like to know how does the cape actually stay on the figure? I notice from pics it doesn't have the clips that come with the stock.

Also does robbies faceplate have the peg to attach it to the cowl or is it glued into place?

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT - just got an email notifying me that my tumbler has shipped!

EDIT 2 - Disregard my questions I just found Maglors excellent modification thread.

Last edited:

Hi guys I recently ordered a DX12 and was going to order one of robbies faceplates as well as the custom cape from lforigno51 on ebay.

I would like to know how does the cape actually stay on the figure? I notice from pics it doesn't have the clips that come with the stock.

Also does robbies faceplate have the peg to attach it to the cowl or is it glued into place?

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT - just got an email notifying me that my tumbler has shipped!

The cape doesn't have clips so you just have to stuff the cape in.
It can get annoying at times cause sometimes it won't stay in when you're trying to pose him.
Still, it's a great cape.
Robbie's faceplate is just like the stock, it has a peg at the back.

Back