HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Originally Posted by View Post
Bizzitty said:
Where's the best place to get a custom cape?
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99670

Gipetto0812 said:
DX12 cape is great, just have to know how to futz it and have some patience on getting it to lay right. personally don't feel the need for a custom cape on this figure. previous versions yes, this one no

Well, I don't have the DX12 yet, but I'm sure I will go for another custom when I get him.

Uhhh why incorrectly quote me? I have the DX12 and said nothing about "going for another custom when I get him" :huhso either your putting words in my mouth or accidently put someone's post into mine for whatever reason. either way, never said anything about getting another custom cape. I've had a custom velvet, didn't too much care for it. sold it. However was willing to give the rayon a try since Lance himself said that at 1/6, rayon was better

I always said that I would wait to see if I felt the cape was as bad as everyone said it was when I got it (which I do have it...posted looked over pics waaaay back), which I don't believe it is, therefore, as I've said, not getting a custom cape.

this was my post:

Gipetto0812 said:
Get a custom cape and throw that other thing away. :lecture

DX12 cape is great, just have to know how to futz it and have some patience on getting it to lay right. personally don't feel the need for a custom cape on this figure. previous versions yes, this one no

Where's the best place to get a custom cape?

Lance is a great guy with great capes. here's his thread:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99670

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Uhhh why incorrectly quote me? I have the DX12 and said nothing about "going for another custom when I get him" :huhso either your putting words in my mouth or accidently put someone's post into mine for whatever reason. either way, never said anything about getting another custom cape. I've had a custom velvet, didn't too much care for it. sold it. However was willing to give the rayon a try since Lance himself said that at 1/6, rayon was better

I always said that I would wait to see if I felt the cape was as bad as everyone said it was when I got it (which I do have it...posted looked over pics waaaay back), which I don't believe it is, therefore, as I've said, not getting a custom cape.

this was my post:

Calm down, it was an accident. I fixed it.

Finally got my dispatch notice on Monday,its coming china post registered, fingers crossed for a swift delivery, I've got 1 space left in my detolf for him!

SS finally responded and they will be sending me a new box and bat head sculpt. It will take some time since they have to get their next shipment in for returns and exchanges from HT.

I just picked mine up yesterday from CSC :D
So freakin' awesome !!!!!!

I just picked mine up yesterday from CSC :D
So freakin' awesome !!!!!!

Wha?! I didn't get my pickup notice!

Edit: nvr mind I see their first batch was only 18...weak!

Does the BW head fit the TF 2011 Batman neck without modding? I'm having trouble with it.

To the moderator,
Please ban people from posting pics with custom medi heads. It hurts too much.

Thanks,
AM

Great shots you have there. I love the fighting one! BTW is that the short rayon?

Yep. Short Rayon.

Here he is with the long rayon.

IMG_4264.jpg

A good choice if you wanna cover the boots, but I prefer the short one.

Pics or it didn't happen.
:monkey1

IMG_4271.jpg

IMG_4311.jpg

The shadows caused by the brow can still make him look derpy, but at least I know I can make his eyes straight.

If you're wondering, yes my PERS is now just ERS.

Also, intothevoid, if your reading this: I admit the "neutral" face is a fail. And it looks like a goofy smile. :slap

:rotfl

Wow maglor that figure looks awesome with the rayon cape. I am not trying to plug myself here but I am honestly considering picking this guy up now.

Yep, really dig it. My cape was one of your old ones before you dyed them, so I used RIT dye and it worked great. :)

Hey Maglor, will your mod work with the Begins Wayne head as well? I presume you still own that sculpt.

You mean put the Toys Fair Begins head on the DX02? You don't need to do any mods for that. Just swap heads using the neck that comes with the Begins figure.

Maybe I don't understand your question...

You guys are gonna be pissed that I don't have pics, but I sanded down the dx02 talking mouth. It turned out great! Those that want to try, be sure to sand off more from the upper back so the top portion of the mouth sits in more. It's kind of weird, yulli, who originally sculpted it, nailed it for the most part, but the fact that the top portion comes out a bit gave him a kind of beak like mouth.

But once sanded down, it'll get rid of the beak effect and look like bale is talking or just has his mouth open.

It wasn't easy, there was a lot of sanding, fitting, re-sanding, re-fitting until its just right. However I have not figured out how to make it firmly sit in the cowl, as the peg needed to be cut off.

Currently it's just sitting in there, and any quick movements will cause the face plate to fall off. I'm still trying to figure out the peg part, but the end result is fantastic. I'm gonna sand down the remaining dx02 faceplates just to see how they'll look. I'm still thinking about sanding down the newer plates, but since they're brand spanking new, I'm gonna have to think real hard on it.

Very interesting. I may need to look into this.

Personally it will be harder for me to modify stuff on the DX02... not sure why.

Yep. Short Rayon.

Here he is with the long rayon.

IMG_4264.jpg

A good choice if you wanna cover the boots, but I prefer the short one.

IMG_4271.jpg

IMG_4311.jpg

The shadows caused by the brow can still make him look derpy, but at least I know I can make his eyes straight.

If you're wondering, yes my PERS is now just ERS.

Also, intothevoid, if your reading this: I admit the "neutral" face is a fail. And it looks like a goofy smile. :slap

:rotfl

Yep, really dig it. My cape was one of your old ones before you dyed them, so I used RIT dye and it worked great. :)

You mean put the Toys Fair Begins head on the DX02? You don't need to do any mods for that. Just swap heads using the neck that comes with the Begins figure.

Maybe I don't understand your question...

Very interesting. I may need to look into this.

Personally it will be harder for me to modify stuff on the DX02... not sure why.

Oh, I thought you were making eye holes smaller?, thats my biggest issue with it, my PERS are pretty straight straight on. You are just operating them individually yeah? I did that with Indy. Pics look good though, but I still think the eyes kill it. They are just too unrealistic IMO.

Hey J&B,

Looks fantastic! Any chance of a head on shot of your Bats, taken from shoulder height?
I'd like to get a clearer idea of how the Medi head looks on the DX body.

Oh, I thought you were making eye holes smaller?, thats my biggest issue with it, my PERS are pretty straight straight on. You are just operating them individually yeah? I did that with Indy. Pics look good though, but I still think the eyes kill it. They are just too unrealistic IMO.

Making the eye hole smaller on this is going to be a pretty major job. The paint detail is pretty intricate compared to the DX02, so unless one was going to paint the hole eye-socket area black, it would be tricky to get it to look natural.

Here are my thoughts on PERS: Poseability is nice, but they tend to look weird because they are deep-set. From certain angles all of them look off (yes including Keaton), but it's amplified with the Bale cowl because of the extremely furrowed brow.

I actually think the size of the eyes is a much smaller issue.

I really dig the short rayon. The medi head is really nice, I wish I could find a loose medi head. No way I want to spend 300 bucks for the figure just to get the head.

Hey J&B,

Looks fantastic! Any chance of a head on shot of your Bats, taken from shoulder height?

Sure thing - will take a pic as soon as I can.

Hey J&B,

Sure thing - will take a pic as soon as I can.

Also, if you have a camera with the ability to zoom in, could you back up and zoom in to eliminate any possible lens distortion? :peace

I use my phone - I think it has zoom. I'll happily try. And I agree with you, I think the Medi head is slightly too big - but it is actually the size of the Wayne head so it kinda isn't too big if that makes sense? It definatley looks worse when the head is tilted forward.

The medicom head looks too big for the body of the DX12.. it doesn't looks as good as it looks on the DX02 body.

blabd.jpg

Back