HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I meant, the DX12's Bruce Wayne head sculpt has a shrunken and fat nose (compared to the proto and compared to Bale itself :monkey3 ).. still far superior than to the 1/4 EB Bruce Wayne ???? :dunno

:lecture. :lol Look closely at the yellow lines for the nose and lips. They too aren't at exactly the same point, but with less of a noticeable difference. As others have said, it's the same sculpt.
actually you're wrong again :lol ... dude just stop..

prueba1tn.jpg

Actually, this guy from a month ago (think his name was Tyranus7) strongly disagrees with you. When Boogeyman13 mentioned that the nose and lips don't line up perfectly in certain pics, this guy (Tyranus7) shut him down with the above photo and comment proving that indeed, the nose is lined up between the proto and the final sculpt.

You should argue it out with this Tyranus7 guy, he clearly has no idea what he's talking about. :cuckoo:

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Have you seen/own a properly modded Medi head? It's the best representation of the cowl currently available. I'll reserve judgement on the DX12 until I get it in a couple of weeks, but from the photos so far it doesn't look anywhere near being better. A real shame, as I really like the new Kevlar plates on the torso, and with a decent head I could forgive the gauntlets and the cheap lookin plates on the legs.

On the size issue, I just compared my widened Medi head to my other Hot Toys figures and it seems perfectly in scale. Is the DX12 body and head undersized??? Frustrating having to wait so that I can start tinkering with this!

Medi head size is perfect on the DX12 body, those pics suffer from heavily lens distortion and I think the DX12 head is a bit undersiized tbh.

Medi head size is perfect on the DX12 body, those pics suffer from heavily lens distortion and I think the DX12 head is a bit undersiized tbh.

Cool, I thought as much. The Medi head is way smaller than the Keaton Bats head. Wouldn't be the first time HT undersized a head!

Here's real Bale for comparison to the Medi/DX12 combo. When the medi head is placed side by side with the DX it is a lot bigger. I think it just about works on the body though. I like it anyway :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's real Bale for comparison to the Medi/DX12 combo. When the medi head is placed side by side with the DX it is a lot bigger. I think it just about works on the body though. I like it anyway :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looking at that shot makes me think how amazing the DX would look with blackened squinty eyes.

The size of the eyes can't have anything to do with them looking 'not straight'. It's an illusion caused by the combination of deep set eyes and a furrowed brow that sticks way out between the eyes. Those two things cast shadow on the whites of the eyes at the midline creating the illusion of crossed eyes. And actually - bowing the head amplifies the problem as it casts even more shadow.

Sure, but what I mean is they look goofy even when looking straight. The PERS sockets are just too big IMO, cross eyed or not. What I mean by the "PERS plate" is the piece of plastic the PERS balls actually fit into. The eye sockets/lids. I have taken these out and fixed PERS on several other figures, but can't seem to access the DX12 plate. There are metal sections covering access. I have two DX12 cowls maybe I will just have to get rough with it.

Even though it's far from perfect, I find the DX12 head looks much better than the Medi one.
I don't understand why so many here convinced themselves the Medi head was any good in the first place.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

riiiiiiight

IMG-2858.jpg

Have you seen/own a properly modded Medi head? It's the best representation of the cowl currently available.

:lecture

Even though it's far from perfect, I find the DX12 head looks much better than the Medi one.
I don't understand why so many here convinced themselves the Medi head was any good in the first place.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37OWL7AzvHo[/ame]

Actually, this guy from a month ago (think his name was Tyranus7) strongly disagrees with you. When Boogeyman13 mentioned that the nose and lips don't line up perfectly in certain pics, this guy (Tyranus7) shut him down with the above photo and comment proving that indeed, the nose is lined up between the proto and the final sculpt.

You should argue it out with this Tyranus7 guy, he clearly has no idea what he's talking about. :cuckoo:

Wow dude, really? Thats some pretty heavy instigation. Besides, that debate was argued to the point of exhuastion...no point in bringing it up again.

You must really love me right??? You went through like 100+ pages just to quote me :lol

Have you seen/own a properly modded Medi head? It's the best representation of the cowl currently available. I'll reserve judgement on the DX12 until I get it in a couple of weeks, but from the photos so far it doesn't look anywhere near being better. A real shame, as I really like the new Kevlar plates on the torso, and with a decent head I could forgive the gauntlets and the cheap lookin plates on the legs.

On the size issue, I just compared my widened Medi head to my other Hot Toys figures and it seems perfectly in scale. Is the DX12 body and head undersized??? Frustrating having to wait before I can start tinkering with this!

Medi head is oversized for this body. Even if it is "the best representation of the cowl" it doesn't look good on the DX12 IMO, not from the pics I've seen at least; however, it looks great when coupled with the DX02, won't argue that.

Just using the Medi mouth on this figure, I could tell that it was too big for the DX12 cowl. Mouth and chin are slightly bigger than the plates that come with the DX12. I had to cut a significant amount off the sides and area above the lip to get it to fit in the DX12 cowl. After modding the the mouth it looks ok and barely noticeable that the mouth and chin are bigger but before any modding to it, it was clear. Still in the process of making the peg to snuggly fit it into the DX12. Will take pics when I'm done

Medi head is oversized for this body. Even if it is "the best representation of the cowl" it doesn't look good on the DX12 IMO, not from the pics I've seen at least; however, it looks great when coupled with the DX02, won't argue that.

Just using the Medi mouth on this figure, I could tell that it was too big for the DX12 cowl. Mouth and chin are slightly bigger than the plates that come with the DX12. I had to cut a significant amount off the sides and area above the lip to get it to fit in the DX12 cowl. After modding the the mouth it looks ok and barely noticeable that the mouth and chin are bigger but before any modding to it, it was clear. Still in the process of making the peg to snuggly fit it into the DX12. Will take pics when I'm done

Medi head isn't oversized.
I will have a pics soon to prove my points but all the pics so far suffered from lens distortion.

Head size is perfect but I do think the dx12 head is a bit undersized though.:)

I'm not saying that the medi head is oversized. I'm say that it's too big for the DX12 body meaning that the DX12 body is a undersized

Will glady change my tune if your pics prove it but from my own analysis from working with the Medi for my DX12, it's too big for the DX12. I'm not just going by pictures.

I'm not saying that the medi head is oversized. I'm say that it's too big for the DX12 body meaning that the DX12 body is a undersized

Will glady change my tune if your pics prove it but from my own analysis from working with the Medi for my DX12, it's too big for the DX12. I'm not just going by pictures.

Well at the end of the day everybody it's all subjective anyway.
I like the medi head on the DX12 body better becaseu it captures the feeling of someone wearing a cowl rather than the HT dx12 head wich to me is undersized.

Bale with the cowl didn't had that small of a head.

:hi5:

I hear a lot of chatter of shaved/sanded DX02 mouthplates fitting and the medi head not looking terrible on the DX12 body, but I see....none. No pics.

:lol

Can anyone tell me if the DX12 neck fits the old MMS body? Would really be helping me out.

Yes it does. However the bale head does not. Need a new neck joint...

Back