HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Once you paint it to get the squint, it looks much more like Bale.

yeah i think so too, and that is just using straight up black magic marker, drunk.:lol

you get the idea though..

oh well, head down eye's up pose is gonna have to do. (again):(

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

The only problem is he painted over some of the whites of the eyes which definitely isn't possible when you have a pers system.

Yeah I know you can't paint on the PERS themselves. The surrounding areas though, even just with them painted I think will still be a huge improvement

I don't think paint is gonna help much. The problem IS the damn PERS, as usual.

The only problem is he painted over some of the whites of the eyes which definitely isn't possible when you have a pers system.

That is correct. The eyes should have been painted.:lecture:horse:lol

Well, with no black over the whites it looks so-so..
blackpaintbatman.png

I just got this yesterday and I think it's an awesome piece of art.

Crap pic though:

vnidjl.jpg

Nice hardwood floor.

I think all these pics look great! I have no complaints at all. As long as my figure doesn't look like this out the box.

048353F4-0E50-4FC8-B66C-C0A0848E10E8-14681-00000F623C1CEE1A.jpg

For what it's worth...a few more pics. I'm using the DX02 cape & boots...because....well, you know why.
Dx12_01.jpg

dx12_03.jpg

Dx12_05.jpg

Dx12_10.jpg

DX12_11.jpg

Ok, for the next few pics you've been forewarned...they're rated
TV-M-A-L-V-LOL....

Don't say I didn't warn you.......

Dx12_12.jpg

dx12_13.jpg

dx12_14.jpg

You can never unsee that...ever.

Sweet pics!!!! :clap

:lol :1-1:
But still... the DX02 cape has to suck more... Is it the way the clips fit into the armor that you don't like?

The clips actually fit better on the DX12 because the holes in the armor are better this time around. What I don't like about the DX12 cape is the material used for it. By comparison, it's stiffer than the DX02 cape, so it doesn't fold as well, therefore it doesn't lay as well. Then there is the V-cut in the back; it has a huge sloppy hem on the inside seam (and it's all bunched up as well) which again inhibits the ability to fold it over, which affects how well it lays down at the shoulder. IMHO it just doesn't drape down as well as the DX02. Now, if you want it wrap around the figure it will probably look better because it will hold that shape better. You might like it better since, based on a lot of your pics I've seen, you tend to go for more of that wrap around look at least on one half of the figure. Myself, I prefer it draped back over the shoulder so the whole body is exposed. To each his own. I just know my first instinct when I picked it up and put it on the figure I thought to myself "this sucks". ;) :D

Made a little experiment here... just put the cowl with Gimp on the DX12's Bruce Wayne headschulpt, the result is amazing!! .. Why didn't Hoy Toys made the same thing? Just sculpt the cowl on the Bruce Wayne headsculpt.. :slap

experimentx.jpg

Found this pic on FB

546886_3581251304583_271516320_n.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the pic Rzez! :hi5:

Yep that's pretty much how I plan to pose my figure when I use that mouth piece

8126860352_9677d48080_b.jpg

8126833303_3e9988f024_b.jpg

Loving this figure, but unfortunately some QC problems keep it from making me super happy.

One of the face plates had some sticky crap on it, his bulge is super crooked, which is funny. The cape ****ing sucks, I absolutely hate it.

The Bale sculpt is amazing, pics don't do it justice, in hand it dropped my jaw. The suit is a work of art, I love it all, except that crookedness on Bat's junk. I don't have a problem with the cowl, but the pers on this seem to not work for some reason.

It's a great figure, the QC problems I hope Sideshow can fix, the cape is definitely getting replaced.

Made a little experiment here... just put the cowl with Gimp on the DX12's Bruce Wayne headschulpt, the result is amazing!! .. Why didn't Hoy Toys made the same thing? Just sculpt the cowl on the Bruce Wayne headsculpt.. :slap

experimentx.jpg

Shiat, that is awesome! That's what they SHOULD have done. I want that custom face plate now! I hope he'll take orders again.

Damn...karnis' photos looks like a completely different figure. Which goes to show that this figure looks good under certain conditions...good pose, lighting, and good camera. Some pics posted here make him look extra derpy. Not saying the photographers have no skills, but they just make him look cheap y'know?

Which brings me to my next point...this figure, unlike other figures, NEEDS those conditions to look good. So far, pics of other releases like Luke, 80 percent of the pics he looks decent to amazing...whereas this release...its 50 percent of the time. In other words, the same derpy pose with bad lighting...Luke somehow still looks decent...but batman? Ugh.

Still excited about getting him though.

Maybe right, but why not paint on some of the white of the eyeballs also? No matter which way the PERS eyes are facing, it should look like he is squinting in that direction. Well, when looked at from far away. If you get too close, the illusion will be lost.

Another possible mod is to add a tiny bit of sculpy to extend his upper and/or lower eyelids a bit, then carefully paint the whole thing the same shade of grey/black so that you cant tell where the HT eye sockets end and the sculpy add-on eyelids begin. This seems like a pretty advanced procedure though, as it would probably require the careful removal of the entire PERS system to avoid getting it stuck with sculpy and paint as it dries.

Back