HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Whats up everyone? I'm a fairly new Canadian HT collector, started in late spring with Batman Dx-09, I have since added Joker Dx-08 and Batman Dx-02.

I Currently Have the Bat-pod, Dx-11, DX-12 and Selina Kyle on pre order, I am wondering if anyone has had experience in buying from Toys square, Super Power Collectibles and/or the CMDstore, I have pre ordered from each retailer and am wondering if I should expect delays or any other issues, your feedback is appreciated, thanks!

Toys2 square is awesome because they are a direct retailer for Hot Toys. So they usually get their stuff around the same time Sideshow does. Also, any QC issues with HTs can easily be handled by them

SPC will usually get their stuff about a month or so after Sideshow does, since they get their stock from them.

I'm not sure about CMD, but I would assume it would be similar to SPC.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

HT have dispatched the figures from HK this week. The DX11 Joker 2.0 gets dispatched next month.
The standard shipping time to the uk is 8 weeks.

That sounds about right. By the time Joker gets here, it'd be January :pfft:

does that mean maybe a little early joker or at least on schedule hopefully ?

Thanks Funkeeboy & CTO15, I am very much looking forward to the Dx-12, I had considered selling my DX-02, but with the Bat-pod on the way, as well as Joker Dx-11, and Catwoman eventually, there are so many posing possibilities, I do hope that CMD store can atleast get the bat-pod out to me before the Holidays..Can't wait!:)

Speaking of the custom face plate, has anyone heard if or when Hunterelf will be taking more orders?...

Matt

When is the second shipment on these due at SS?? I got told November ... But when ??

When is the second shipment on these due at SS?? I got told November ... But when ??

I'd say November 30th :rotfl:rotfl

Hopefully not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Got mine delivered Friday, but I'm out of town on a shoot and won't see it for another 2 weeks. By then, my Hawkeye will be there too!

Best pose you've done so far... and that's one way to get rid of the shine in the abs. :lol

Also... the eyes are sooo crossed...

:wave

Not sure yet, but the crossed eye problem still seem to bug some peops here...curious to see other in hand pics of the figures you get via sideshow or other US retailers.

Xenomorph - have you even done a video displaying your entire collection? I'd like to see your shelves.

Hey jimmie..bit off-topic but thanks for asking....actually its a "no"...never did a complete "tour"...its not worth mentioning seeing other collection of some collectors here or on the tube...just some detolfs and about 30 1/6 figs...and some older garage kits (only piece standing out is probably the Sideshow Alien Queen facehugger besides lots of 1/6 stuff)... having not too much free space in my flat and to keep the budget rolling have to let some pieces go from time to time.

Sooo back to Batsy...DX12. :yess: - we got a final conclusion on the quality of the new bale headsculpt yet? :wink1:

4.jpg

Think it's my favorite HT sculpt.

I understand. Thanks for the response.

Back on topic, I think the DX12 sculpt looks good. Will have a better opinion next month when I have it in-hand. Started my Wayne bash in preparation.

The clips actually fit better on the DX12 because the holes in the armor are better this time around. What I don't like about the DX12 cape is the material used for it. By comparison, it's stiffer than the DX02 cape, so it doesn't fold as well, therefore it doesn't lay as well. Then there is the V-cut in the back; it has a huge sloppy hem on the inside seam (and it's all bunched up as well) which again inhibits the ability to fold it over, which affects how well it lays down at the shoulder. IMHO it just doesn't drape down as well as the DX02. Now, if you want it wrap around the figure it will probably look better because it will hold that shape better. You might like it better since, based on a lot of your pics I've seen, you tend to go for more of that wrap around look at least on one half of the figure. Myself, I prefer it draped back over the shoulder so the whole body is exposed. To each his own. I just know my first instinct when I picked it up and put it on the figure I thought to myself "this sucks". ;) :D

How could the DX02 cape hand better? It's two layers whereas this is only one layer (that's what I've read anyway).

Also the new cape is wired to make it easier to get it nice and flat on the shoulders. Is the wire perhaps what gave you the impression that it was "stiff"? :huh

Made a little experiment here... just put the cowl with Gimp on the DX12's Bruce Wayne headschulpt, the result is amazing!! .. Why didn't Hoy Toys made the same thing? Just sculpt the cowl on the Bruce Wayne headsculpt.. :slap

experimentx.jpg

Not a new idea...

What are the eyes from?

Awesome shots.

Maybe right, but why not paint on some of the white of the eyeballs also? No matter which way the PERS eyes are facing, it should look like he is squinting in that direction. Well, when looked at from far away. If you get too close, the illusion will be lost.

Another possible mod is to add a tiny bit of sculpy to extend his upper and/or lower eyelids a bit, then carefully paint the whole thing the same shade of grey/black so that you cant tell where the HT eye sockets end and the sculpy add-on eyelids begin. This seems like a pretty advanced procedure though, as it would probably require the careful removal of the entire PERS system to avoid getting it stuck with sculpy and paint as it dries.

Also not a new idea. Several people did this with the DX02. :peace

Finally found a US shop that is still taking PO. In for 1!

Not a new idea...

What are the eyes f

Eyes and mouth are from this shot:

PD1341564257xS2.jpg

That's why I think Hot Toys already has achieved Bale's likeness, they only have to put/sculpt the cowl on the Bruce Wayne headsculpt.

Ah, I see. Painted eyes.

How could the DX02 cape hand better? It's two layers whereas this is only one layer (that's what I've read anyway).

Also the new cape is wired to make it easier to get it nice and flat on the shoulders. Is the wire perhaps what gave you the impression that it was "stiff"? :huh

As I said, the material is much softer on the DX02 then the DX12. It's not the wire.

You'll see.

DX02 cape looks like crap. DX12 cape looks like crap.

Lance's cape is the look you need.

Back