HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Neck looks even better now. Nice job Karnis. Can you move the neck at all? Meaning turn, move down and up. I noticed no one really adjusts it when the head is turned.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I got it off Flea-bay. The DX02 gauntlets fit fine, but the DX12's look better. They have practically the same elbow pad sticking out. No issue with the DX02 boots. I can't stand the DX12 loafer clogs. Just knowing that Batman is wearing them makes my sac shrivel. The neck does turn & tilt freely even after the mod. The DX02 faceplates need to be modded to fit the DX12.

picture.php

Looks great there.

I snapped off a few quick pics while it was still on my desk.

It has the DX02 boots and cape....'cause I hate the DX12 cape (too stiff) and boots (they look like loafers/clogs).

Also using the DX02 gaunlets...forget I had them on while flipping stuff around.

I did mod the neck to make it a bit shorter by splitting it open & removing the plastic grommet.

dx12_6.jpg

Damn dude! The figure looks awesome!

Not sure about the neck mod yet... I think with a custom cape it would be good, but with the stock cape the neck needs to be a bit longer imo.

I got it off Flea-bay. The DX02 gauntlets fit fine, but the DX12's look better. They have practically the same elbow pad sticking out. No issue with the DX02 boots. I can't stand the DX12 loafer clogs. Just knowing that Batman is wearing them makes my sac shrivel. The neck does turn & tilt freely even after the mod. The DX02 faceplates need to be modded to fit the DX12.

Cheers Karnis!

What made you swap the gauntlets then?

It great to know that the rubber boots aren't affecting the figure like Rory's.

Is it just some simple sanding?

Just out of curiosity, has anyone received their shipping notices from SSC yet? all these picture are a torture!! I want mine now lol

Nope. Nothing. :(

Just out of curiosity, has anyone received their shipping notices from SSC yet? all these picture are a torture!! I want mine now lol

No, nothing yet... Can't be long now, though.

I love the apologists who state it looks good....??

Apologists... Are you a member of the communist party? That really sounds like communist party rhetoric.. :lol

Any figure can look awful if it's not futzed properly...we all know that.

Hurry up and get this bat mags this thread desperatley needs some kick ass pics and less whiining........

:goodpost::exactly:

11809394.jpg

Last edited:

Cheers Karnis!

What made you swap the gauntlets then?

It great to know that the rubber boots aren't affecting the figure like Rory's.

I swapped the gauntlets just goofing around....forgot to swap them back. :slap

Remember, Rory went the other way, putting the DX12 boots on his DX02. Apparently the DX02 causes spontaneous combustion.

I wonder if the DX02 body has the cloth undersuit like the DX12 does.

I snapped off a few quick pics while it was still on my desk.

It has the DX02 boots and cape....'cause I hate the DX12 cape (too stiff) and boots (they look like loafers/clogs).

Also using the DX02 gaunlets...forget I had them on while flipping stuff around.

I did mod the neck to make it a bit shorter by splitting it open & removing the plastic grommet.

dx12_6.jpg

dx12_1.jpg

dx12_5.jpg

dx12_3.jpg

With a little work you can get it to photograph nicely (using lots of shadows & tilting the head down)...but you can just as easily make it look like Claire Danes is wearing the cowl. :horror

17-horz.jpg

I was going to buy just the dx12 body from e-bay and add the rest of the figure from my dx2, but after seeing this pics I think I'll pass. The arms look way to short on the dx12 that's why the elbow pads stick out so much, even when wearing the dx2 gauntlets they stick out. It looks like a penguin :(
glad I only bought the dx12 BW sculpt

Against the trove of issues DX02 body has compared to DX12?

Fatty rubber suit vs a more accurate, slicker suit.

The arms look way to short on the dx12 that's why the elbow pads stick out so much, even when wearing the dx2 gauntlets they stick out. It looks like a penguin :(

Arms too short?? I'm not seeing it... Where are the elbow pads sticking out in the pics you posted?? :lol

Against the trove of issues DX02 body has compared to DX12?

Fatty rubber suit vs a more accurate, slicker suit.

I have no problems with my DX02 suit at all -- it's still an amazing figure. But you would have to be blind to not see how much better the DX12 looks overall, IMO.

I swapped the gauntlets just goofing around....forgot to swap them back. :slap

Remember, Rory went the other way, putting the DX12 boots on his DX02. Apparently the DX02 causes spontaneous combustion.

I wonder if the DX02 body has the cloth undersuit like the DX12 does.

That's true, aren't you afraid that the rubber in the DX02 boots might 'eat' at the figure aswell?

Are the DX12 arms really shorter?

I would have to disagree the arms are too short on the DX12 and agree with my Buttery colleague....remember, on my pics the arms are slightly bent at the elbow and the hands still reach the thighs. If I straightened the arms the hands would reach to about mid thigh.
The real issue is the gauntlets on both versions are too damn big. So are the shoulder pads. The elbow pads stick out because they are about 4x the size the should be. In the movie they are glued to the suit...on the DX12 they look like James Bond projectiles.

Finally! Got my fedex shipping notification from sideshow. Not long now.

Back