HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

That's true, aren't you afraid that the rubber in the DX02 boots might 'eat' at the figure aswell?

Nope. I believe the issue has more to do with the DX02 suit itself. Part of me wonders if HT used an oily substance to get the suit on & it's seeping thru, or if the interaction between the plastic body & rubber suit is causing seepage out of the rubber....perhaps thats why DX12 has a cloth undersuit.
Translation: I have no f'ing idea. :dunno :lol

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I snapped off a few quick pics while it was still on my desk.

It has the DX02 boots and cape....'cause I hate the DX12 cape (too stiff) and boots (they look like loafers/clogs).

Also using the DX02 gaunlets...forget I had them on while flipping stuff around.

I did mod the neck to make it a bit shorter by splitting it open & removing the plastic grommet.

dx12_1.jpg

Very cool! :clap
I also think the neck is just a tad, very minute long, planning on doing this mod to the neck as well.

That was my first post on it, but you could say every post here is silly and redundant. I didn't post it because someone said Batman looked like a derp, either.

I wasn't trying to insult anyone, I'm just saying I don't think it's funny because it looks like some of it could come from deeper issues. It's not about disagreeing with someone. I don't see someone thinking this figure is stupid looking or inaccurate is a sign of mental illness, but I think most of you are smart enough to know that's not what I meant.

I'm not calling anyone out specifically, I wasn't even thinking of you inthevoid, and my post about it wasn't directly referencing the emp gun pose either.

Whatever, carry on.

No,no I wasn't referring totally to you. I was speaking generally on the "quality of life" posts. You hear them a lot from different members. Same thing on the derp statement , I was speaking generally. It could have been anyting from " he looks like a derp" or "his boots are inaccurate." etc

Face it, we all have issues. :gah:

We're spending $250 + on Batman dolls. :horror

And we argue about it....constantly :stick :medic

'Nuff said. :lecture :hi5: :D

So do I have OCD and mental problems if I think the head on this Batman looks like crap?

I don't see how it's nitpicking to say, "that weird shaped headsculpt with the anime eyes and the funny faces, looks like ****, here's why". It's not like I've pulled diagrams and illustrations with obnoxious colored lines to compare a toy and the real deal that's so often seen.

The head just looks like ****ing ****.

Yeah. If you say something about the head all the sudden your nitpicky. I challenge anyone to find a post where I was picking the hell out of something.

The same goes for if you don't like something that everyone else is fapping over. You get ****ing blasted. All because someone doesn't like the same figure everyone else does your an idiot? :dunno I mean people get really pissed. :lol

I would have to disagree the arms are too short on the DX12 and agree with my Buttery colleague....

I'm pretty sure we don't work together. :lol

Part of me wonders if HT used an oily substance to get the suit on & it's seeping thru,

The most likely scenario based on the little I have seen of the issue. It seems that a few of the figures got an excessive amount of lubricant put on them when placing the suit over the body and it began expressing itself through the pores of the rubber under the right conditions.

There's medication for that. :lol

I would have to disagree the arms are too short on the DX12 and agree with my Buttery colleague....remember, on my pics the arms are slightly bent at the elbow and the hands still reach the thighs. If I straightened the arms the hands would reach to about mid thigh.
The real issue is the gauntlets on both versions are too damn big. So are the shoulder pads. The elbow pads stick out because they are about 4x the size the should be. In the movie they are glued to the suit...on the DX12 they look like James Bond projectiles.

they don't look big to me on the dx02, ther's more than an inch between the end of the gauntlets and the biceps pads

Awwww yeah! Got my notice today. :yess:

I only paid $115.00 dlls. for dx02 complete with everything 2 years ago :)

I only paid $115.00 dlls. for dx02 complete with everything 2 years ago :)

Yea and you probally didn't go back and check yet to find the abs on your figure pissed all over your shelf.

We all seem to get some sort of great deal in this hobby at times but, for the full time collectors..yes the majority of us are paying retail or higher on most figures. The DX02 can't be selling $115 too often..hell i sold my V1 for more then that not too long ago.

got my shipping notice! :yess::yess::yess:

Yea and you probally didn't go back and check yet to find the abs on your figure pissed all over your shelf.

We all seem to get some sort of great deal in this hobby at times but, for the full time collectors..yes the majority of us are paying retail or higher on most figures. The DX02 can't be selling $115 too often..hell i sold my V1 for more then that not too long ago.
I got dx2 and dx1 joker for $230.00 togheter from the same guy on ebay, the dx1 had broken peers and dx2 the lights on the base where broken, but for the base it was an easy fix, just a loose wire, the joker I just leave it with fixed stare, if want to move the eyes I just use twezers.
For the medix bats I payed $80.00 and for two face $50.00 , for the BR joker I payed $130.00. Those days are gone for ever, I just payed $85.00 just for the BW dx12 head :gah:

Got my shipping notice a couple hours ago :yess: Tuesday for me!!!

Back