HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I've got DX02 boots on a DX12 and no issues.

I checked just a couple hours ago after reading Rory's post.

Keep an eye on it... Rorywan did the opposite... he has DX12 boots on a DX02. Oil issue was with the body of that figure, I just assume the Dx02 boots are made of the same material (I may be wrong). And could cause damage to your DX 12 body. It makes sense in Rorywan's case cause that oil only has on place to go when displayed and that is down towards the boots. And after some time and some pressure, I can see it being released and absorbed into the dx12 boots (which are different material) and may have cause the chemical reaction.

That may not happen in your case cause there is no oil in the DX12 body to travel down to the leg and build up enough to release into the DX02 boots. But be careful cause if there is some oil in those boots... it may cause a reaction still. Maybe not as fast, but in time. I am sure there is less oil in those boots than there is in the DX02 body. You may luck out.

Also... remember... Rorywan also said it was after a week that he notice.

Last edited:
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

So even after taking the DX12 boots off the DX02, washing them they are still melting! ****ing crazy ****. Damn just when I thought the DX02 couldn't cause anymore problems! More money down the tubes!:lol

UNBELIEVA-wait... no it isn't. :lol

My DX02 was the DCD batch....been oil free from stem to stern since I got it.

The boots have been on since early last week. No issues.

It's the first thing I did when I got it. I hate the DX12 loafers. No reason to have them either because the legs have even less mobility than the DX02. I'm using the DX02 cape as well...the DX12 cape is terrible. It's stiff as hell and the hem around the v neck is an abomination.

Overall, the body is the highlight of the figure, but it's all out of whack overall. Cowl is round like a light bulb and the googly, crooked PERS eyes just look bad...everytime I look at it I think of The Sixth Finger from The Outer Limits. Gauntlets are too big, shoulder pads too big.

Been way too busy to take pics or even post lately, super busy at work. Maybe some pics this week end.

So even after taking the DX12 boots off the DX02, washing them they are still melting! ****ing crazy ****. Damn just when I thought the DX02 couldn't cause anymore problems! More money down the tubes!:lol

damn man sorry to hear about that! that totally blows. such a waist of mula right there.

I will say though that at the moment with minimal QC issues happening with the DX12, it's quite humorous to me that some freaks believe that the DX02 is better than this.

My DX02 was the DCD batch....been oil free from stem to stern since I got it.

The boots have been on since early last week. No issues.

It's the first thing I did when I got it. I hate the DX12 loafers. No reason to have them either because the legs have even less mobility than the DX02. I'm using the DX02 cape as well...the DX12 cape is terrible. It's stiff as hell and the hem around the v neck is an abomination.

Overall, the body is the highlight of the figure, but it's all out of whack overall. Cowl is round like a light bulb and the googly, crooked PERS eyes just look bad...everytime I look at it I think of The Sixth Finger from The Outer Limits. Gauntlets are too big, shoulder pads too big.

Been way too busy to take pics or even post lately, super busy at work. Maybe some pics this week end.

Have you tried swapping the DX02 gauntlets over?

Why are people selling DX02...You don't want your sonar heads?

My 3 weeks old DX12 already have a pealing issue. as you can see in the pictures some of the back "legs" plate has warn off a bit :i:horror

Last edited:

My 3 weeks old DX12 already have a pealing issue. as you can see in the pictures some of the back "legs" plate has warn off a bit :i:horror

img

1351049549_0.52635000.jpg

Did you put him in extreme poses?

more pics of my damage Dx12
i played with him alot but never do the extream poses .. mostly stand pose

more pics of my damage Dx12
i played with him alot but never do the extream poses .. mostly stand pose

These were inevitable. Even the prototype had stress marks. As long as pieces don't start peeling completely off, I think I can deal. Those who plan to put him in poses should anticipate this somewhat. But only 3 weeks in makes me feel somewhat nervous. Looks like Hot Toys took the cheap glue route again

Last edited:

Cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap.

Imagine if this suit did the same as the Robocop domes ? :horror

Here we go, all over again:monkey1

Seriously dude, you're within the time limit. You should ask for a replacement :lecture

The good thing about this figure is the cowl, PERS and mouth plates are so freaking ugly, that even the peeling seems irrelevant to me :lol

Back