HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Good, now, there are more options for you. No point in complaining about the HT cowl; what's done is done.

Yeah, it usually gets to the point that I don't even care anymore about the complaints I did have.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Honestly this thread has gotten to the point that I just skim through for pictures. The amount bickering and complaining is out of control. :lol
that's what i've been doing man. run through the mumbo jumbo looking for pics. it's pointless to try to have some conversation/discussion w/o it always turning into a b*** fest
Wow don't wanna be known as a recaster .
to be fair, ppl have been asking "why hasn't anyone just recasted the Medi sculpt?" throughout this thread
Maybe he should use lines to show us again. :lol
i got you man...
Lines_zpse6b00a12.jpg

Yeah, it usually gets to the point that I don't even care anymore about the complaints I did have.

:lol

we should be enjoying this hobby!

that's what i've been doing man. run through the mumbo jumbo looking for pics. it's pointless to try to have some conversation/discussion w/o it always turning into a b*** fest

to be fair, ppl have been asking "why hasn't anyone just recasted the Medi sculpt?" throughout this thread

i got you man...
Lines_zpse6b00a12.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Honestly this thread has gotten to the point that I just skim through for pictures. The amount bickering and complaining is out of control. :lol

Same here. I never used the scroll down button as much as before, only stopping when there are pics. And then I'd notice that the photo is just to prove how imperfect the figure is.

Given the advances in technology, would there be a PERFECT figure, ever? Most especially, head sculpt-wise?

At the least, these figures, that are mere toys to some, are works of art to many aficionados. Yes, they are mass produced, which makes it more commercial than fine art, but aren't the protos, and the mold the mass production would be created from, hand-sculpted? That makes each figure a replica of a handcrafted sculpture. And they're sculpted at the same size as the finished product, yes? I can only applaud the sculptors working for these high-end toy companies for their ability to capture as much likeness as they could in such a small piece of clay. Even if they sculpt it at 1/2, having it machine-reduced to 1/6 could cause some alterations to the finished product.

I can somehow equate it to drawing a comic. An actual comicbook is about 10"x6.5". But the actual artworks are drawn on an 11x17 paper. Because it's easier to draw details on that size than on the actual print size which is just about 33% of the original art. And oh boy, I heard a lot of artists complain about the loss of details they painstakingly applied on the art once they see the print. Thus something called "production loss".

Even masters in portrait painting, can be inaccurate if asked to draw on a smaller canvass, instead of a bigger size (not too big though, as hand-drawn artwork can also become less accurate scale-wise if drawn the size of a small billboard. It's like the law of extremes in effect).

I've seen Yulli's (as well as other sculptors') earlier works and they are a far cry to what she does now. Unfortunately, it seems that their improvement as artists/sculptors can hardly keep up with the demands of some of the more the meticulous collectors.

I still can't wait for this figure. I'm new to this hobby, and I'm glad that I came in when these figures are at their best, so far -- in my opinion.:)

Last edited:

just got my dx12..really don't care what those haters say..this figure is awesome!!

IMG_6099.jpg

IMG_6153.jpg

IMG_6114.jpg

IMG_6311.jpg

IMG_6283.jpg

Great pics, this figure is awesome, my only complaint would be the cape , I already ordered a set of 2 from lforigno.

i got you man...
Lines_zpse6b00a12.jpg

Weenis?! :slap :lol

Nice one. I just missed out with the usual guy I go with and I'm not going to let this one slip like I did with the DX02. This will be my first Batman!

Great pics, this figure is awesome, my only complaint would be the cape , I already ordered a set of 2 from lforigno.

Do you plan to rip off the clips from the one you receive and re-attach them to the lforigno cape? I'm just asking because, I would like to keep my original cape un-molested but it seems impossible to buy just the clips to add on to lforigno's cape.

Do you plan to rip off the clips from the one you receive and re-attach them to the lforigno cape? I'm just asking because, I would like to keep my original cape un-molested but it seems impossible to buy just the clips to add on to lforigno's cape.

From what I read, you don't need the clips to attach lforigno's caprs. Just shove the ends into the holes where the clips go and you're good to go

Has anyone received notice from SSC that theirs have shipped yet? I'm sure that's a stupid question as I'm sure I would have read posts on here stating that theirs is on the way lol but I thought I'd ask since SSC said they'd ship last Friday or Monday because of customs and no one has said anything else about it.

Last edited:

Collected my 2x DX12. As usual, they are not 100% QC free. I am bringing one back to my local distributor tmr for 1-to-1 exchange as I notice one of the shoulder pad has got glue stain (sorry no pics). :( Other than this, few are tiny issues doesn't affect the overall figure, in fact hard to notice.

I suspect the bottom articulation are quite limited. Haven't got time to play with it, will squeeze some time to do so soon.

Has anyone received notice from SSC that theirs have shipped yet? I'm sure that's a stupid question as I'm sure I would have read posts on here stating that theirs is on the way lol but I thought I'd ask since SSC said they'd ship last Friday or Monday because of customs and no one has said anything else about it.

No news.

We're without our money & figure & SSC's explanation (since that "Holy Cargo" email).

So what's the QC issue rundown on this guy so far? I always like to have the complete list when I pick mine up from CSC, so I can inspect mine for all potential offenses before I leave.

The cowls that the face plates sit in to be stored, are they half cowls kind of like the one that is on the TDKR poster that is shattered on the ground? Can they be removed from the box?

So what's the QC issue rundown on this guy so far? I always like to have the complete list when I pick mine up from CSC, so I can inspect mine for all potential offenses before I leave.

Are you picking up at Cornerstore Comics?? Any word when they're getting them?

Has anyone used guobei11 on ebay before? Also why does it say HT recall at the bottom?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-Hot-...6411?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2c66ae8cfb

Yeah, he's a good guy. The recall stuff on there is just to cover himself in case there are delays. Plus he has to say it will be available within 30 days otherwise I believe he would be breaking ebay rules. I've been getting figures from Guo Bei for a couple of years now. Never had any problems.

Back