HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Great follow-up review Xeno, the cape will NOT be a deal breaker for me. I like the side-by-side comparisions with the First Night Bale. I like both sculpts in that they represent the differing ages of Bat-Bale. Way to clear up the ab issue (sic-never thought there was one) Eagerly awaiting this to hit N.A.

:1-1:

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Really wish this would have kept to a later release date after seeing the finished Luke. Oh well. This takes priority.

just realized that the DX 12's elbow pads being one piece with the gauntlets (making the elbow pads look like they're floating in some poses) were actually accurate to the 1:1, as per the photo here:

DSC09815.jpg

I pointed that out earlier in the thread, and even posted several photos of Bale in the suit. No one said anything, except for one person who thought the pictures of Bale were pictures of the figure. lol

I pointed that out earlier in the thread, and even posted several photos of Bale in the suit. No one said anything, except for one person who thought the pictures of Bale were pictures of the figure. lol

I think everybody knows that :dunno

That pic above of the real suit, shows those abs are in fact quite flat. Some may not like it as a matter of preference, but that's the accurate representation.

Up close, the actual suit looks like a toy. Even the belt.

Up close, the actual suit looks like a toy. Even the belt.

It's almost as if the suit and figures are doomed to look that way in bright light. Perhaps this design was always better viewed in the dark.

It's almost as if the suit and figures are doomed to look that way in bright light. Perhaps this design was always better viewed in the dark.

If you look at any of the past Batsuits, they all look fake under bright light. Same with most movie props. They have to be lit just right to sell the illusion that these suits are armor when they're just rubber/plastic/urethane.

The suit looked great in daylight in TDKR

I've seen it in person a couple if times, doesn't look toying really to me.

That was something that really surprised me when watching the film. When the word first came out during preproduction that many of the fight scenes took place during the day, many of us fans questioned that validity of that decision. But when you see Batman in full daylight, I think the suit looked even better than it did when he was operating at night. The TDK/TDKR suit looks badass.

Actually I felt the suit looked pretty bad in the daylight scenes in TDKR...

Yeah, I didn't like it either. It took away from that image he was trying to create in the other two films. Seeing him fighting in broad day light on courthouse steps just didn't seem right, it's like some of that magic is lost. Just felt like Bale in a crappy batsuit essentially. Whatever though, it happened. It doesn't happen very long any way the way the scene is cut. He's out in the open for how long, a few seconds? It's no big deal.

He doesn't look bad during the interrogation scene where the lighting is overhead. I especially like the small beady eyes he has while staring across the table at the Joker.

Im super late to the game here but is there anywhere that isnt sold out of these bad boys?

Dude, I'm sorry but that ****ing head looks retarded. I know there is a few of you who have disagreed with me but that head is absolutely terrible. It should not be something that HT puts out in 2012. It looks toyish and completely "derpish". I have to admit that although HT misses the mark on their sculpts, they rarely, if ever, look this bad. I'm actually surprised at how bad it looks. Actually, it's probably just the eyes and mouths rather that the whole sculpt. Not sure.

I've made these comments even before I had my modded Medi head too.

Dude, I'm sorry but that ****ing head looks retarded. I know there is a few of you who have disagreed with me but that head is absolutely terrible. It should not be something that HT puts out in 2012. It looks toyish and completely "derpish". I have to admit that although HT misses the mark on their sculpts, they rarely, if ever, look this bad. I'm actually surprised at how bad it looks. Actually, it's probably just the eyes and mouths rather that the whole sculpt. Not sure.

In some shots it doesn't look all that great, but there are others where I think it looks quite good.

It seems Hot Toys can never get it right with this version of Batman

Back