HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

No offence to xenomorph but I think you should ask someone that actually knows how to futz a figure. :monkey3

Yes because futzing is such a complicated science...

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Is it possible to reach the PERS hatch on this head? Part of me wonders if one could swap these googly eyes with the eyes on the Keaton head....

No offence to xenomorph but I think you should ask someone that actually knows how to futz a figure. :monkey3

:wave I'll try...for me the figure delivered right out of the box, but I'll see whats possible. Curious to see other results here when you all get the fig in.

So, no final verdict if its possible to close the gap between breast plate and abs.

@Karnis
You'll definately have to open head then, there's a glue line on the side...but I would not try!

:wave I'll try...for me the figure delivered right out of the box, but I'll see whats possible. Curious to see other results here when you all get the fig in.

So, no final verdict if its possible to close the gap between breast plate and abs.

That's cool man. I wasnt trying to make fun of you or put you down, just playing around. :peace

It was definitely an informative video. :duff

Great review xenomorph. :clap
I just finished up watching there. Thanks for clearing up the issue about the alignment in the ab plates. However, when you were moving them to show us that different poses have different alignments, I could help but notice that it looked like some of them looked as if they were a little loose. Now I hope it is just my paranoia speaking, but have you noticed this?
Thanks again for the review. :hi5:

Great review xenomorph. :clap
I just finished up watching there. Thanks for clearing up the issue about the alignment in the ab plates. However, when you were moving them to show us that different poses have different alignments, I could help but notice that it looked like some of them looked as if they were a little loose. Now I hope it is just my paranoia speaking, but have you noticed this?
Thanks again for the review. :hi5:

:wave Nope, the ab plates hold as if they're concrete (grammar? didn't have this in English lessons). :wink1:

It seems that they aren't just glued, they may be even supported by some stitches underneath to stay close to the fabric. But this has to be proven by someone more experienced.

:wave Nope, the ab plates hold as if they're concrete (grammar? didn't have this in English lessons). :wink1:

It seems that they aren't just glued, they may be even supported by some stitches underneath to stay close to the fabric. But this has to be proven by someone more experienced.

Thanks for clearing that up. Phew, it's good to know.
Thanks again for such a great, detailed review. Your camera made a few things look a lot better to me. The bulbs in the EMP look a lot more accurate and the stand doesn't look cheap at all, contrary to what I thought. It's a shame about the cape though, it's seems a little hard to get in. The angry faceplate looks a lot better on camera also.
Thanks again.

That cape has got to go. The review made me realize that even more.

DON'T make him look straight with the smiling face...He looks too kind to be batman. Just terrible.

That cape has got to go. The review made me realize that even more.

:lecture

Even though some of the guys on here who have the DX12 as we speak have good things to say about the cape, your right, It's gotta go. The v cut at the back is dreadful. :gah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shsDYvK76vo

Let me know the opinions know after seeing the comments on the different issues. I'm happy with the figure and I think you all will be pleased well. (issue coverings starts at 4:00)

Appreciate the review, thanks. I still hold to the opinion that the figure looks great from the neck down. It's just...that...darn...cowl. And the eyes. THE EYES.

I've always wondered, are they bigger than the eyes on the DX09? (I don't have that one...yet)

****. Thanks man. Now I'm wondering why in some pictures the gap is less.

The upper body should be able to hunch forward a bit.

gznFS.jpg

This guy is still listed as a preorder on ForbiddenPlanet. Shouldn't he be in stock by now? I'd honestly rather buy him from there since he's only 220 bucks.

everyone go out and buy the cheapest TT you can find and use it as a reference to what movements are possible ... even the beer gut Batman was able to improve based on targeted articulation. An early tip I took from this forum that I to heart and many more should

Just watched zenomorphs review on the tube and to me the figure looks pretty nice, not as nice as the prototype but worth the buy a I think. Hope not to get the crosseyes though as thats very annoying but the way they put all that work into making the suit look and work like the real one on a 1:6 figure is amazing.

as for crosseye I find that at least in the past when I bothered with it you have to move in one direction and then tap it back a tad and can counter any crosseye action. maybe its just the same with this one

just realized that the DX 12's elbow pads being one piece with the gauntlets (making the elbow pads look like they're floating in some poses) were actually accurate to the 1:1, as per the photo here:

DSC09815.jpg

Back