HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

They are. :dunno

The Takara boots are not one piece. That's why people don't like these boots.

311687_340304529377420_1339189362_n.jpg

Takara (on right):

review_takbats_8.jpg

I'm guessing that in your first post above you meant to say "I wish the boots weren't like the takara boots... :("

Am I right?

No - I forgot to follow up on this - I was just picking at those who are compairing to the Takara boots.

While they look like crap stuffed clogs - The takara boots are indeed one piece. Well - the soles are screwed in but the ankle area is one piece. Just a really bad design/sculpt. So I thought it a bit ironic people were saying why is it like takara when it is not at least in regards to it being a shoe/boot cuff issue.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

While they look like crap stuffed clogs - The takara boots are indeed one piece. Well - the soles are screwed in but the ankle area is one piece. Just a really bad design/sculpt.

Hmm... really?

*walks over to detolf*

It appears you are correct sir! Makes it seem even more pointless for HT to have made them in two pieces. :slap

Also shows how truly awful the design of the Takara boots are. :lol

Hmm... really?

*walks over to detolf*

It appears you are correct sir! Makes it seem even more pointless for HT to have made them in two pieces. :slap

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Fail HT. FAIL!

And the eyes don't look aligned in that close-up shot. :dunno
Left eye is looking more inward that the right eye is.

cx1t.jpg

Also, the cowl is still off.

LOL wow you guys analyze every molecule of detail of this figure, no wonder why people on Facebook are making fun of you guys

LOL wow you guys analyze every molecule of detail of this figure, no wonder why people on Facebook are making fun of you guys

You really are new to this place eh? :lol

Hmm... really?

*walks over to detolf*

:hi5:

No kidding. The range in the foot is great so I see no need of a separate shoe.

It's not like he needs Spiderman's range of movement. :dunno

SnKAz.png

There are slight but very important differences.

1) Bale's mouth is slightly open
2) Bale's mouth's corners don't twitch upwards, they go into a straight line
3) there are semi-circle wrinkles around Batman's mouth which increases the impression of a smile

Those make the difference between the Bale's neutral mouth and Batman's smiling mouth.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Fail HT. FAIL!

And the eyes don't look aligned in that close-up shot. :dunno
Left eye is looking more inward that the right eye is.

cx1t.jpg

Also, the cowl is still off.

I think that's lighting. If you look closely at his right (our left) eye next to the brow you can see how much white is showing - but it's hard to see 'cos it's in shadow.

:hi5:

No kidding. The range in the foot is great so I see no need of a separate shoe.

It's not like he needs Spiderman's range of movement. :dunno

True, but I am going to have fun pushing him to his limits. :)

Eyes look good.

But the futzing is really bad here.

This area that looks so goofy:

beltspace.jpg

should be covered by the torso or belt.

I post earlier that the Cod Piece area is so wrong. It looks like he wearing pants with patches on it. Does'nt even look like a amour suit in that pic. Sorry but how can people look at that and think its looks great. Looks like got he's got a womans dry pad on because its the that time of the month.

I post earlier that the Cod Piece area is so wrong. It looks like he wearing pants with patches on it. Does'nt even look like a amour suit in that pic. Sorry but how can people look at that and think its looks great. Looks like got he's got a womans dry pad on because its the that time of the month.

:lol I guarantee that's not how HT meant for it to look. It's just terrible posing. In the promo shots, what's bugging you barely shows, if at all:

Ribs2.jpg

When I pose him there will be no "maxi pad" look to the cod piece.

:lol I guarantee that's not how HT meant for it to look. It's just terrible posing. In the promo shots, what's bugging you barely shows, if at all:

Ribs2.jpg

I am looking forward to seeing what you and a few others can do with him, judging by past pics on here. Seen some great batman pics over the last two years on this site.

The belt is supposed to be covering that section. They just put it on wrong. I think the actual costume is even made like that.

The 89 Batman was pretty much all rubber, how else would they duplicate that and still have it flexible?

i own 2 of these figures, and im well aware that they are all rubber...the suit used in the movie had the armor plating over a flexable spandex type suit. im sure a fellow freak can tell you and me exactly what the material was...seeing how the dx02 was all rubber and the dx12 is a material with armor plating over it im guessing that 89 bats, even though its amazing, might have been able to be be done in the same way adding to the poseability and alleviate any potential rubber issues due to extreme poses.

I am looking forward to seeing what you and a few others can do with him, judging by past pics on here. Seen some great batman pics over the last two years on this site.

This will be the most fun Batman to pose ever.

The belt is supposed to be covering that section. They just put it on wrong. I think the actual costume is even made like that.

:exactly: :exactly:

:lecture Explains the abdominal bloating.

:lol

Ribs2.jpg

I've had this thought since I first saw the promos. I KNOW I can pose this figure gooooood, so all these nitpicks dont bother me at all. :D

I've had this thought since I first saw the promos. I KNOW I can pose this figure gooooood, so all these nitpicks dont bother me at all. :D

Nothing better than this figure...so why the hell bothered by nitpickers....:hi5:

Nothing better than this figure...so why the hell bothered by nitpickers....:hi5:

:goodpost: Full-reveal pics already show superior improvement from the next-best (DX02 Batman), and I'm sure the main concern that HT had was improving on the 'oily abs' and minimizing the use of rubber on their Bat-figure.

Back