HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

The eyebrows on the figure actually look good when comparing with this magazine photo.

But yeah Bale's head seems to be wider in comparison with the figure's + it seems like the mask needs to have bigger holes for the eyes.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - Batman/Bruce Wayne Full specs and

Not at all... maybe my eyes are just more discerning.

:monkey3

I don't know, I mean on this picture:

The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Batman-448x600.jpg

There is a lot of area around the eyes that is exposed by the mask, especially below the eyes.

Preordered this and 2.0 Joker today. Now the long wait...

I've come to accept that it's not just a problem with the angle/slant/narrowness of the browline, but that the placement of the eyes themselves are lower than they're supposed to be.

I've thought about criticizing it more, but the reality is that HT most likely won't consider it enough of a glaring problem to fix, so what we see is likely what we'll get. They did get close and should be commended for that, but there's still room for improvment. Maybe for the 3.0.

Yeah the narrow brows are definitely another issue. There's a manip by Plasmid which shows that quite well somewhere in this thread.

I did a few. Here was the most recent one:

8ddb3.gif

The yellow line suggests that the mouth and nose on both the sculpt and the real head are level and the same size, in relation, for the comparison of the upper face.

I don't know, I mean on this picture:

The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Batman-448x600.jpg

There is a lot of area around the eyes that is exposed by the mask, especially below the eyes.

That's not because of the eye holes in the cowl. Its because Bale squints in the cowl in real life, its the stupid f'n PERS. :gah:

Just a quick survey....

Does anyone actually want the PERS on this figure?

I might be mistaken but I haven't see anyone on this thread excited about them. Its either people hate them or they just dont care. But I havent seen anyone actually say they WANT them on this.

I'd rather have accurate looking eyes than PERs

In an ideal world I'd like accurate looking PERs

Not at all... maybe my eyes are just more discerning.

:monkey3

:lol

Just a quick survey....

Does anyone actually want the PERS on this figure?

I might be mistaken but I haven't see anyone on this thread excited about them. Its either people hate them or they just dont care. But I havent seen anyone actually say they WANT them on this.

I want em. Pretty sure vodoun said he did to. As long as I get one with eyes that are parallel, I appreciate the posablity.

I'd rather have accurate looking eyes than PERs

In an ideal world I'd like accurate looking PERs

I'm of the opinion that they are almost there. There's a huuuge difference between these and the PERS on the DX02.

I want them, all my previous hot toys were iron man figures and none of them ever had pers, the idea of moving eyes sounds awesome :)

so my buddy called me and told me that the tumbler was outside of the local movie theatre...it was awesome to say the least.
IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

just a bit of info the bald guy in the pic is the owner/artist that built it, it does work...they had it to 75 mph...hes currently working on getting the flames to shoot out of the back...he was a real nice guy.

A small change makes all the difference. Hot Toys could give us a neutral expression. Batman doesn't need a laughing face!

changeDX11.jpg

He's not laughing, though. I think that all of the lines are meant to represent that sort of crammed in look that Bale's face has when he's wearing the cowl (you can see it in the EW cover on the previous page). That face has actually grown on me. If any face needs fixing, it's the open mouth "WWWHERE ARRRRE THEEEEEY!?!?!?!" face. :lecture

I like the smirk, it looks cool. whether it was intended or not

A small change makes all the difference. Hot Toys could give us a neutral expression. Batman doesn't need a laughing face!

changeDX11.jpg

Left one looks neutral. Right one looks like he's about to burst into tears.

I think they're trying to get the whole diver goggle lips thing going batman has when he wears the cowl.

Like so:
4BreathInMaskStaysFINAL.jpg

I did a few. Here was the most recent one:

8ddb3.gif

The yellow line suggests that the mouth and nose on both the sculpt and the real head are level and the same size, in relation, for the comparison of the upper face.

The eyes on the DX12 are so freaking big.. they are like 1.5x biggers than the real eyes..

changeDX11.jpg

I like the one on the right better, :clap

just PO'd :yess:
cant wait!!

Back