HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Awesome job on the squint nickshaw. What cape do you have on him?

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Looks great :clap

Can't wait to get my mouthpiece from hunter.

It's a great mouth piece for sure. It doesn't really show in the pics but the color in hand looks a little different to put it mildly lol but for whatever reason works in pics and make it look realistic.

Love the lids nickshaw. Nice job.

Thanks man. Not Gipetto quality by any means but I think they turned out all right for my first time sculpting anything :wink1:

Awesome job on the squint nickshaw. What cape do you have on him?
The cape is lforigno but I've caved and decided to by a Tony Meis cape as well so I'll post some pics when that comes in and I'll probably sell the lforigno cape

It's a great mouth piece for sure. It doesn't really show in the pics but the color in hand looks a little different to put it mildly lol but for whatever reason works in pics and make it look realistic.

Thanks man. Not Gipetto quality by any means but I think they turned out all right for my first time sculpting anything :wink1:

The cape is lforigno but I've caved and decided to by a Tony Meis cape as well so I'll post some pics when that comes in and I'll probably sell the lforigno cape

Ah, okay. What size/material is it? Looks pretty good.

DO NOT BUY IKEA DIODER!
This really bites and I'm in the same predicament searching for a better alternative. I found a decent one on ebay, unfortunately, the wires are short and I've read somewhere that they burn out quickly.

I've had the older Ikea dioders for several years now and I even leave them on all night when I come in from work, and leave them on all day on weekends and they're still bright and has a nice bright cool white lighting, but unfortunately, IKEA switched manufacturers and the ones they sell now have a piss yellow tint to it.
If you must get one from Ikea, I recommend getting the Dioder that you can change colors cause you can play with the settings and I've left mine on a bright setting but it has a blue tint to it, much more appealing though than than the burnt yellow from the new dioder.

Interesting, thanks for the tip was considering getting the IKEA LED strip lights not sure if anyone from the UK can confirm if the IKEA lights over here have the same yellowish tint, as I prefer the bluey type colour.

So which parts of the mouthpiece do you sand down?Every side or just the back?

mostly the back, but I advise the sides and under the chin as well

Thanks,i haven't bought the figure yet.I want to see what kind of adjustments people have done to make the figure even better first.The custom mouthpiece is a must,the eyelids needs to be painted too but i have never tried to remove Pers before so im not sure if that will end well.

Thanks,i haven't bought the figure yet.I want to see what kind of adjustments people have done to make the figure even better first.The custom mouthpiece is a must,the eyelids needs to be painted too but i have never tried to remove Pers before so im not sure if that will end well.

np... go here though to look at all the mods. first page has just about everything you need to know. Maglor did very well in keeping the figure mods and thread organized

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119064

Just received confirmation from Sideshow that my waitlist reservation will convert on the 21st! :yess:

Here's hoping I don't have any major issues! Has anyone outside the US had to return a figure to sideshow due to defects? Did they make you pay for return shipping?

Also considering Robbie's custom mouth plate. For those that have it, how is the paint job on it in real life? As good as the stock ones?

np... go here though to look at all the mods. first page has just about everything you need to know. Maglor did very well in keeping the figure mods and thread organized

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119064

Thanks.Well removing the Pers seems like a ***** so i will pass on that method.
But then again,i don't trust my hands if i decide to try without removing the pers and risk the eyes. :lol

Just received confirmation from Sideshow that my waitlist reservation will convert on the 21st! :yess:

Here's hoping I don't have any major issues! Has anyone outside the US had to return a figure to sideshow due to defects? Did they make you pay for return shipping?

Also considering Robbie's custom mouth plate. For those that have it, how is the paint job on it in real life? As good as the stock ones?

The box of my figure was obliterated when UPS delivered it. Sideshow placed me on an "In-house waitlist" for a new figure when I contacted their returns department. Im in the U.S btw.

Just got robbie's mouth piece today and it is as good as ht.

I think it looks a bit better than the HT faceplate paint.

Can't wait to get mine. It shipped and should be here soon. Got the lforigno cape coming too.

(Lforigno auto corrected to 'flooring no'. Just thought I'd throw that out there).

Doesn't anyone have a detailed tutorial of the squint mod? For all of us chickens, someone needs to post either a very detailed tutorial description with lots of pics or a detailed video. Please please please...:pray::pray::pray:

Doesn't anyone have a detailed tutorial of the squint mod? For all of us chickens, someone needs to post either a very detailed tutorial description with lots of pics or a detailed video. Please please please...:pray::pray::pray:

My name is Dark Passenger and I support this message.

Back