HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Getting my bats today :yess:

Can't wait to mod the eyes.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Just got mine hot off the Fed-Ex truck and it looks fantastic! My only complaint is getting the cape to stay in with the clips. The instructions were pretty vague and it seem to insert good on one side and lay down. But the left hand side seems to have less of a hold in there. I imagine it's user error on my part, but I'll get it figured out. That's the one thing with these figures. I don't play around or push too hard since these pieces are so delicate as they are. A very nice figure though. I definitely feel like he is the best version to date. And the Bale head reads so nice in person. I'll have to play around with lighting to see if that will pull out the features better in a photo.

Hey did anyone else noticed HT ripped us off on a hand? In the spec pics there's 7!? The proper handling for holding the sticky gun,?

I'm in the process of uploading a 3 part video series covering all the DX12 mods I'm aware of. I include demonstrations for two of them. :duff

Exciting times! My Batman has arrived in the UK! I should get this bad boy tomorrow or Thursday!

Fully review and pix to follow!!

Bri

sweet. Can't wait!

Just to warn you, the 3 videos come to a totals of about 30 minutes, as I tend to ramble on. But I know that if I redo them with the intention of being more precise, I'll never really be happy. I'm just gonna leave it as 3 rambling, out of focus - out of frame vids. More natural that way. :lol

Will post when I get home from work tonight. :duff

That eye mod definitely goes a long way. I want to see clear shots of what Gipetto did but I'm not sure if it's a necessity for anything to be sculpted. Just blacking out the pink makes a huge difference.

Just got mine today! It is my first DX figure, and overall I am really happy with it!

Thought I would share a few pics! ;)

BatBane1.jpg

BatBane2.jpg

BatBane3.jpg

Great shots! What's the recipe for that Bane?

Just got mine today...not perfect, but very happy with it! If you futz with the pers you can make them look pretty good imo

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

Is that lforigno's velvet short cape?

To all of you guys with experience with both different versions of his cape, what do you think the best ones are for the Toy Fair BB, DX02 and DX12? I have the V2 Hero Velvet for my BB BW and it was supposed to be less shiny than his first, but it still seems a bit too shiny.

I'm in the process of uploading a 3 part video series covering all the DX12 mods I'm aware of. I include demonstrations for two of them. :duff

Thanks!! I'll be getting this next week and it'll be a hard wait. Hopefully they'll won't be to hard to do.

The wait is killing me. 1 more day!!!

Yeah, I definitely if nothing else want to do the eye mod. It makes a world of difference as many have mentioned and we've seen. Can't wait for your videos Maglor!

On another note, my status changed to shipping soon! :yess: I know I won't get it till next week but it's still great to see that instead of processing. The wait is almost over!

just bought some spare DX12 hands to do that mod. Wanna keep all the standard parts so got extras to mod. Same reason i won't mod my cowl, just wait til CREG's TDK Cowl is done :)

To all of you guys with experience with both different versions of his cape, what do you think the best ones are for the Toy Fair BB, DX02 and DX12? I have the V2 Hero Velvet for my BB BW and it was supposed to be less shiny than his first, but it still seems a bit too shiny.

Here's what I use:

Toy Fair BB - long velvet

DX12 - short rayon

DX02 - long rayon

I also have a long velvet for the DX02 and a Hero velvet for the BB figure, as well as a stock Takara cape that I could use with the Toys Fair figure, but I like the above set-up the best.

Regarding velvet vs. rayon. Generally rayon looks more in scale with a 1\6 figure, but there is something about having the long velvet cape all wrapped around the Begins figure...

Also, the velvet, although it has a sheen to it, is a much deeper black than the rayon.

:duff Thanks brother I'm gonna look into it. I like the Hero V2 for my Begins but I need something better than these stock ones for the 02 &12

just bought some spare DX12 hands to do that mod. Wanna keep all the standard parts so got extras to mod. Same reason i won't mod my cowl, just wait til CREG's TDK Cowl is done :)

Where is the info for this? I keep seeing references to it, but I can't find anything.

Well crud, I missed the UPS guy today and DX12 was sent signature required. So no Bat for me today unless UPS swings back by later....

Got the notice last Friday that Sideshow got an early shipment in and they offered to let me pay the DX-12 off early and have it shipped out. I bit and he's arriving next Tuesday!! The wait sucks but I'm absolutely stoked for this figure!!

Im in alter egos second shipment....the wait is brutal......lol

Got my bats today. Here are a few quick crappy pics.

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

Back