HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

The useable one (frowning) from dx02 is similar to the one that comes with the dx12. I don't really see any need to get em :huh
Why do you say it is the usable one Mike? I personally like the talking mouth best from DX-02.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

$300 and they're yours! :hi5:

*that may seem like a lot, but not so bad when you think of it as being a mere $100 per mouth ;)

If you throw in some movie accurate socks and you have a deal!

I will make a sincere attempt to telepathically strangle the next person who quotes Maglor's entire set of recent pics, excellent though they were.

:lol I hate when people do that. A simple @ Maglor Nice pics would do.

Why do you say it is the usable one Mike? I personally like the talking mouth best from DX-02.

I like that one too, but never use it that much. Maybe if I have more than 1 batman, I'll use it. But since the new DX12 will have a new Bruce Wayne head, new smiling mouth plate and a medicom TDK head, I have too much of a good selection of head to choose from.

I though everyone made fun of that one.

It was unique for its time, back when most toy companies and HT normally just choose a standard portrait expression.

But now with too much of unique and scene specific expression, I'm beginning to like bland expression. :lol

I just want the DX12 to complete the Hot Toys trilogy of the Nolanverse I own thus far. My TF Batman Begins in his original Batsuit. My Dx02 in the HK jump scene with the new BW sculpt, and have the DX12 in his full on Batsuit. That's the look I'm planning on to display on all 3 Batmans when I get the DX12 standing side by side along with the other two film versions I currently own. That's my ultimate goal and when I have friends coming over or me taking pictures to share with u all, I can show you all that my HT Batman figures from each movie has finally come to end. All 3 Batmans next to each other displayed in numerical order from the first film to the last. And once it's all there on my Bat-Shrine, I can honestly say that I am satisfied with all 3 and I have no need to collect anymore Batman related in 1\6 scale from HT. The only one I might pick up later is The Joker 2.0 and that's the end for me permenately. Now, I'm all into Marvel legends and the new Arkham City upcoming waves from DCC. Sorry for all the rant on here, but I just need everyone to understand that's my main goal at the moment and I just hope everything goes the way I want it to be in a month or so. I'll keep all of you updated when my Dx12 arrives and see my trilogy set up with the previous HT Bats I own at the moment. Until then, if anyone gets theirs before mine arrives, please post some photos with the new dx12 along with the other 2 Bats if u owned them all and see which looks best among the 3. :):wave

It will make the PERS look even goofier IMO.
How would that make the eyes look goofier? I think that red outline draws more attention to the crappy PERS. I was actually thing of painting them black too and seeing if it gave the eyes a smaller look, and if that didn't work... maybe resculpting the eyelids to be a tad smaller. But getting the PERS out will be a challenge.

got my dark knight DX 12 yesterday, i'm not very impressed by it (probably because the recent hawkeye figure was awesome and i expected much more for TDKR)
there are varies places where it just seemed they needed a little more time.
here's what i think should of been improved before releasing
-The eye sockets of the PERS are just way too big, causes batman to have huge eyes, he looks like a nice guy instead of batman.

-Mouth sculpt with the smirk is kinda weird, i've read you guys did a photoshop comparison with the bale sculpt but it's just totally different, the Bale sculpt has the "smoking" lips going on, while batman has a lip closed smirking expression, the bale mouth is better IMO

-EMP gun is a fail, the handle is way too small for the hands, and the hand(griping motion) is not "Made" for the EMP gun, it's more for the grabbling gun and the sticky bomb gun.

-articulation on the legs are really limited, and the fabric on the figure just makes it even harder to pose.

-Bale sculpt was fine but the bottom connector is made of hard plastic and way to small for average TT, please becareful while changing heads cause there's a risk of snapping the peg inside the body.

-i'm kinda concern when playing with the figure, and i just dont think the plastic is gonna last for too long.

on the other hand, here's what i think was well done.

-the armor of batman is awesome, all the armor pieces moves separately when you pose him, (just like you would in the movie ?) and the detail is incredible !

-there are tons of equipments (bombs, bat star, grabble gun,etc) that are incredibly well crafted, especially the belts, they are just mind blowingly detailed and "accurate"

-Hands are made of softer plastic(kinda like predator) so it's easier to change hands when you're playing, you don't even need to take the peg out most of the time, this is how it should of been in the first place!!!

i'm satisfied with the figure, but some parts just seemed rushed and couldof taken more time to refine.

How would that make the eyes look goofier? I think that red outline draws more attention to the crappy PERS. I was actually thing of painting them black too and seeing if it gave the eyes a smaller look, and if that didn't work... maybe resculpting the eyelids to be a tad smaller. But getting the PERS out will be a challenge.

Contrast. Because it will be flat black against white plastic. At the moment it fades into the eye area like Keaton bats eyes. My one doesn't have a visible flesh colored line underneath the eye. They are all different, I guess.

Eyes are horrible, nothing like the pictures on promo. and because this is a 250+ toy, we gotta be honest with ourselves. it CAN look great in photos, but those horrible eyes and rubber suit on that fabric will definitely be rubbish over time, especially if you like to pose your figures alot like me. 250+? no thanks! canceled!

Where can I get the 'Rayon' cape guys? :)

Eyes are horrible, nothing like the pictures on promo. and because this is a 250+ toy, we gotta be honest with ourselves. it CAN look great in photos, but those horrible eyes and rubber suit on that fabric will definitely be rubbish over time, especially if you like to pose your figures alot like me. 250+? no thanks! canceled!

:lol:lol:lol

@hunterelf

Good review - feeling the same way!

The "googly" eyes feeling comes definately because of the eye sockets. The whole masked head looks really goofey under straight lighting...as you said... a bit cartoonish. None the less on the shelves with some shadows it looks superb, like the other photos can tell in this thread.

I see what some may call googly eyes here, but its not noticeable in hand:

17.jpg

I tried to do some better photos with less light to show you that there is no problems with oily abs at least. With less light and some more shadow play the figure definately has a more impressive look. Also tried to fit the cape better...but guys...this clip on mechanism just sucks if you ask me:

16.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Those abs are low, misaligned, and shiny...

Man, I think your figure has a crossed eyes problem... or is this normal?

And yes, it seems you got a bit of bad luck.. Crossed eyes, non-simetrical abs, possible oil...

16.jpg

@hunterelf

The "googly" eyes feeling comes definately because of the eye sockets. The whole masked head looks really goofey under straight lighting...as you said... a bit cartoonish. None the less on the shelves with some shadows it looks superb, like the other photos can tell in this thread.

17.jpg

Re the "googly eyes", seriously HT, just piss the PERS off. I reckon you're married to a bad idea on this. It's turned out poor way more than it's turned out well.

Good idea in theory, not so great in practice.

So now we know why there was a split shipment. Hopefully the December releases are a little better

@hunterelf

17.jpg

Now that's what I call a "derp" face. Cowl sculpt looks completely ass in this picture.

Back