Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man. Took a lot of practicing.

Sidious: For the most part, I just used Apple Barrel acrylics from Michael's or any other hobby store, but for the black around the eyes I used Grumbacher's Academy Acrylic brand Mars Black. I found it at Hobby Lobby. When it dries, it still has a sheen to it which gives it the wet look his black makeup had during the mob scene. For the "tear" running down from his left eye, I just dipped a thumbtack into the paint and drew it on.

Well he turned out wonderful mate and I think it looks fantastic.

Also what did you use to make the coat look grubby?

I started off with white paint, just dry brushing it onto certain areas where the face paint had rubbed off on it during the mob scene, then I went over the edges of the lapels and the other areas that were to be weathered with a paint brush dipped in talcum powder. It brushes right in to the fabric, gives it a worn look and, if you want to restore it to a more pristine look later, you can just beat it out of the fabric.

My DX11 sculpt on the DX01

DSCF1157_zpsebb07fad.jpg
DSCF1515_zps1195c18d.jpg

hmmm if the dx 01 had the same texture as the mms it would be perfect in my opinion. but o well. i actually like the dx11 better. IT is growing on me.

I started off with white paint, just dry brushing it onto certain areas where the face paint had rubbed off on it during the mob scene, then I went over the edges of the lapels and the other areas that were to be weathered with a paint brush dipped in talcum powder. It brushes right in to the fabric, gives it a worn look and, if you want to restore it to a more pristine look later, you can just beat it out of the fabric.

Thanks buddy. Talcum you say I never thought of that.

:clap

That is wonderful. I hope I can achieve something close to that when I mod my second overcoat.

Just having a little fun with these guys! Heres my Dx 11 with my Custom Dx 12. I know this scene has been done a thousand times but i just love this set up in my display.

jokerdk1_zps4df7c194.jpg

jokerdk3_zps1308f2d0.jpg

jokerdk2_zps75186b79.jpg

Did you touch up the laughing sculpt too? I'd like to see a better shot of that. I think the paint on the proto is much better than what I got in hand.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Well the fabric paint and brushes are now ordered and I'm waiting on my spare overcoat to arrive and the I can do the dirty grubby mod to the jacket. :yess:

I need help to remove the overcoat.
Its very tight so am afraid of ripping it.

Make his arms straight by his sides then push them both backwards behind his body. Make sure they are still straight. Then pull the coat from the end of the sleeves - little by little switching beween each arm. The jacket underneath will probably come off too.

If you put them back of, put the jacket into the purple coat first - arms and all - then put it back on him as one. Again, keep his arms straight out and behind him.

Make his arms straight by his sides then push them both backwards behind his body. Make sure they are still straight. Then pull the coat from the end of the sleeves - little by little switching beween each arm. The jacket underneath will probably come off too.

If you put them back of, put the jacket into the purple coat first - arms and all - then put it back on him as one. Again, keep his arms straight out and behind him.

Thanks!
:hi5:

My first human figure so new to this.

Back