Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You all know SS offers a pack out option right? I know it's extra (and on top of the shipping) but its offered nonetheless.
This hobby is expensive to begin with, I take no chances.

You're right, they do, for an extra (rip-off) $10. As you said, this hobby is expensive to begin with. Being in Australia, I already pay quite a bit for shipping, so adding an extra $10 on top of that bumps up the price even more, and when you're buying multiple figures it really starts to add up.

As these things are delivered internationally via FedEx, they usually get treated pretty well to be honest. My Bane box showed up perfect, so I took a chance on Joker thinking that Sideshow would be able to replace the box but they didn't. I don't think a pack-out would have saved this one anyway as it seems to have a poor design like the DX12 box where it rips along the spine.

But it's silly that we even have to ask for it, and crazy to have to pay for it.

Other retailers automatically do this. And these other retailers are already at a discounted price.

I say this over and over, but there really is no reason to order from Sideshow unless it's an EX.

This. We shouldn't have to pay extra to have these things shipped out properly. They are expensive collectibles! If they are going to charge extra, it shouldn't be $10...it's just an additional box! In saying that, I'll still order from Sideshow if there's a considerable saving to be made as it's usually quite a bit cheaper for me to buy from there than locally, however, if it's a heavy DX, I'll either but it locally if there is not a huge difference in price, or add the pack-out option.

Would you like to know which of them were cowards?

customs041113020_zps7a5a28f7.jpg

customs041113022_zps3895a7c1.jpg

customs041113014_zpsc8274acb.jpg

You all know SS offers a pack out option right? I know it's extra (and on top of the shipping) but its offered nonetheless.
This hobby is expensive to begin with, I take no chances.

My Ex was my third order from Sideshow and I decided not to take any chances and get the pack out option. I'll be doing it for the rest of my orders. It's unfortunate that they don't do it by default with these kind of collectibles.

You're right, they do, for an extra (rip-off) $10. As you said, this hobby is expensive to begin with. Being in Australia, I already pay quite a bit for shipping, so adding an extra $10 on top of that bumps up the price even more, and when you're buying multiple figures it really starts to add up.

As these things are delivered internationally via FedEx, they usually get treated pretty well to be honest. My Bane box showed up perfect, so I took a chance on Joker thinking that Sideshow would be able to replace the box but they didn't. I don't think a pack-out would have saved this one anyway as it seems to have a poor design like the DX12 box where it rips along the spine.

This. We shouldn't have to pay extra to have these things shipped out properly. They are expensive collectibles! If they are going to charge extra, it shouldn't be $10...it's just an additional box! In saying that, I'll still order from Sideshow if there's a considerable saving to be made as it's usually quite a bit cheaper for me to buy from there than locally, however, if it's a heavy DX, I'll either but it locally if there is not a huge difference in price, or add the pack-out option.

It is unfortunate, yes. A rip off? That too.
I'm not even trying to defend SS way of dong business, but unfortunately it is what it is, they charge for a pack out, you have to ask for it because the option isn't even there when you checkout. Those are facts, and unless we all magically stop supporting SS they will keep doing this. Why? Because they can. And it sucks.
But the option is there. An extra 10 bucks may just avoid the disappointment of receiving a collectible with a destroyed box.
HT keeps inflating their prices, so what's an extra 10 really?

That's why there is a difference between 'Art' Box and 'Shipper' Box. SS is doing NOTHING wrong by slapping shipping docs on the 'Shipper' Box. Hot Toys provides these for that very reason--shipping. Yes it may be damaged, but then pay the $10 for a 'Pack-out.' (NO guarantee that some FEX-XER won't stop that too :slap) I don't agree that this is extortion by any def. P.S. I live in Canada, always ASK for the pack-out.

My 2 Cents.

It's not about keeping the brown shipping box safe, but the actual figure's box. These brown shippers are thin with no cushioning for the actual figure's box. Any dents or damages on this brown shipper will easily transfer to the box inside.

That's why there is a difference between 'Art' Box and 'Shipper' Box. SS is doing NOTHING wrong by slapping shipping docs on the 'Shipper' Box. Hot Toys provides these for that very reason--shipping. Yes it may be damaged, but then pay the $10 for a 'Pack-out.' (NO guarantee that some FEX-XER won't stop that too :slap) I don't agree that this is extortion by any def. P.S. I live in Canada, always ASK for the pack-out.

My 2 Cents.

Its a pity but you're right. It is a shipper box. To call it extortion is silly.

They could always order from AE and Cornerstone, they pack the shipper with no extra charge. I do like that they go the extra mile for you in that regard.

the DX shippers have a few mm of give around the inside diameter when figure box is seated inside, this is why you guy are seeing damages.

the give given by the empty space coupled with the design of the magnetic flap box is allowing movement when the shipper is handled. if it was a normal box you wouldn't be seeing these issues. at most some "rub marks"....but the pivot point of the flap design is all held on those two top corners. any movement allowed in any direction is risking rips and tears.

My 2 Cents.

I understand that dude, but charging an additional $10 is pretty expensive for just placing the box into another box. It is also incredibly annoying that they don't even offer this option on their website, nor is it mentioned anywhere (that I can see), so I was not even aware of this option until it was too late. It was mentioned to me by a Sideshow rep when I emailed returns to let them know my figure arrived with a damaged box and QC issues on the figure.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I will be selecting the pack-out option in future for DX figures, as the standard shipper is just too soft to protect the art box.

In saying that, I still think the Joker would have arrived with a damaged box, even with the pack-out, as the design of the box is crap and rips along the spine, so I would've been pretty pissed if I paid the extra $10 for a pack-out and it still arrived damaged. This is of course, no fault of Sideshow's, but Hot Toys.

...it's just a cardboard box.. Just be happy that you can afford things like this and your healthy.

Just to be clear, I'm talking about the art box, not the shipper. Yes, you're right, it is just a box, but unfortunately a damaged box does bring down the value of the overall figure, if you decide to sell it. Otherwise, I'm not too concerned with the box, but it is pretty annoying when you pay this much money for a high end collectible and it arrives with a damaged art box. You might disagree and be OK with that, that's fair enough.

It's not about keeping the brown shipping box safe, but the actual figure's box.

Exactly. To some people it might not matter, that's fine I guess, but some people do care about keeping the art box mint as well.

the DX shippers have a few mm of give around the inside diameter when figure box is seated inside, this is why you guy are seeing damages.

the give given by the empty space coupled with the design of the magnetic flap box is allowing movement when the shipper is handled. if it was a normal box you wouldn't be seeing these issues. at most some "rub marks"....but the pivot point of the flap design is all held on those two top corners. any movement allowed in any direction is risking rips and tears.

Yeah I'm still pretty new to this hobby so I wasn't aware of things like this. I just ordered and expected it to arrive okay, given that it is a high end collectible, you expect it to be well protected, lol.

My bane did arrive perfect though, and I did not get a pack-out option, but I'm guessing that's due to the shoe box design and that it is considerably lighter than a DX box such as Joker.

I got mine today, and I think he is awesome. IMO both sculpts are great. His clothing is awesome. He is so easy to pose ( unlike the DX12 ). I really don't think I could be anymore happy with this guy. :clap

And unlike my DX12 box, this box is in perfect condition. Not to be a jerk, but anyone who say's " it's just a box " doesn't make any sense to me.we pay a lot of money for these DX version HTs, and the box is part of the deal. If the box didn't matter than HT would make the DX version boxes just like any other HT box. It really sucks for you guys who are getting these damaged boxes. You would think at some point HT would come up with some kind of fix for this issue. Even if your box isn't damaged, it is very fragile along that fold.

I must have lucked out. I got the DX12 from SSC and it's box was perfect and it came clear across the country.

You did get lucky bud. Mine isn't totally mangled, but it has a definite rip in the same place everyone else had one. Didn't bum me out to much, because I don't think I will ever sell my figures, but it still sucks.

Back