Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hardly ever visit the customs section so I didn't see any problem with someone opting their customised DX11 in the DX11 thread where I got to see something incredibly cool. A shame they were made to feel bad about it, hope it doesn't stop anyone doing so in future.

Fair enough, but I hardly ever go in the Customs section and some things are so amazing that they deserve a wider audience. Because of those posts I've found out about a head I knew nothing about.

If you think these things are really cool....then maybe the easiest solution is for you to go to the customs section more often?

Again, though, like I said, whether you're shelling out $1K for a doll, or $1K for 5 dolls, you still spent $1K on dolls. To most people outside this hobby, they'd find that equally ridiculous. My point is that we're a community. We share a common interest, and it's a very niche thing to find people who enjoy this hobby. Why soil it with action figure class warfare?:lol The most I've ever spent on a figure was $600 on the custom Blondie figure that came out last year. I sold my DX 08 and DX 09 to fund it.

I love those figures, but I figured that, even if I did pay double what I originally paid, it'd still be cheaper than what I'd be paying for the custom, had I missed out (which, last time I checked eBay, was about $1,000 over what it originally sold for). On the surface, that might seem ridiculous, but, with all of the licensing nightmares regarding pretty much anything Clint Eastwood, I wanted that character on my shelf, and I figured he was important enough that I'd sacrifice to characters for one. It all comes down to what makes you happy. Some people strive to have the most screen accurate collectible they can get their hands on, others just want any representation they can find, but both those parties love these characters and these mythos enough that they want a physical representation of them in their homes.
Great post Batfan!

My point is that we're a community. We share a common interest, and it's a very niche thing to find people who enjoy this hobby. Why soil it with action figure class warfare?

This.

These boards can be nasty sometimes and people can be very vicious. People are very quick to be offensive to someone because they disagree with what they have said or suggested. I'm all for differing opinions but I find it peculiar when people attack the person rather than the view.

It's easy to get drawn into arguments and I'm not saying I'm perfect, but your post really highlights just what we all have in common and I know that if I didn't post on here about my figures, I wouldn't have anywhere to talk about them. None of my friends are into this sort of thing and I love having this forum to talk about collecting/films/figures.

Perhaps we need a 'Custom Joker Figure' thread in the DC customs.

The rules are - they aren't really any rules. This place is run on etiquette and respect and some people like to throw their voice around and police the boards when really they haven't been granted that power.

Sometimes I feel that a number of people are posting simply to stir up an argument or cause some sort of friction because they want a fight but really, I feel we need to remember that we are all here because of a shared hobby and we shouldn't ruin that by descending into the nasty world of internet arguing.

Since we have been in the topic... Anyone still doing sculpts with real hair? The real hair IMO makes this figure come to life.

Again, though, like I said, whether you're shelling out $1K for a doll, or $1K for 5 dolls, you still spent $1K on dolls. To most people outside this hobby, they'd find that equally ridiculous. My point is that we're a community. We share a common interest, and it's a very niche thing to find people who enjoy this hobby. Why soil it with action figure class warfare?:lol The most I've ever spent on a figure was $600 on the custom Blondie figure that came out last year. I sold my DX 08 and DX 09 to fund it.

I love those figures, but I figured that, even if I did pay double what I originally paid, it'd still be cheaper than what I'd be paying for the custom, had I missed out (which, last time I checked eBay, was about $1,000 over what it originally sold for). On the surface, that might seem ridiculous, but, with all of the licensing nightmares regarding pretty much anything Clint Eastwood, I wanted that character on my shelf, and I figured he was important enough that I'd sacrifice two characters for one.

It all comes down to what makes you happy. Some people strive to have the most screen accurate collectible they can get their hands on, others just want any representation they can find, but both those parties love these characters and these mythos enough that they want a physical representation of them in their homes.

This.

These boards can be nasty sometimes and people can be very vicious. People are very quick to be offensive to someone because they disagree with what they have said or suggested. I'm all for differing opinions but I find it peculiar when people attack the person rather than the view.

It's easy to get drawn into arguments and I'm not saying I'm perfect, but your post really highlights just what we all have in common and I know that if I didn't post on here about my figures, I wouldn't have anywhere to talk about them. None of my friends are into this sort of thing and I love having this forum to talk about collecting/films/figures.

Perhaps we need a 'Custom Joker Figure' thread in the DC customs.

The rules are - they aren't really any rules. This place is run on etiquette and respect and some people like to throw their voice around and police the boards when really they haven't been granted that power.

Sometimes I feel that a number of people are posting simply to stir up an argument or cause some sort of friction because they want a fight but really, I feel we need to remember that we are all here because of a shared hobby and we shouldn't ruin that by descending into the nasty world of internet arguing.

:goodpost: :clap
Great post guys.

Heres my Joker.. the sculpt is custom but aside from that and the purple coat, the rest of the outfit is from the DX11
0d06788f3289e7be3a8590a9af160d20.jpg
051a0def4b3d94c061790d65c04e38d9.jpg
38bfb12b7ed558af2b7918f7353ff009.jpg

a32dea8b3f4e1f6f548f616c898d6df3.jpg

Major Grats man, your Joker is amazing!!!
Stellar figure!!! :hi5:

Here's mine with the *****ty stock head which only looks good in one angle, imo. It's going to be replaced when I have (make) a replacement. =)

IMG_4310.jpg
IMG_4311.jpg

Good the Fiend. I wanted a tread for custom Jokers as well. I too feel the similar sentiments that have been stated above that many here share similar collecting interests that to many outside our community seem trivial if not a waste of money and time. This thread should be a safe place to share this niche of collecting.

Sculpt By MJ Choi
Paint By Rahmier84
Jacket by Katoki Ellis

e50cbb1814710c2047847f5dd0706205.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back