Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for posting in here guys, is there a custom Joker thread I couldn't find one when I searched?

Sorry for posting in here guys, is there a custom Joker thread I couldn't find one when I searched?

Don't worry about it. The 'custom allowance' ebbs and flows, it seems to be in an ebb right now. Or a flow, I'm not sure where I stand with that analogy.

There's not much else to find out about the DX11, so I see no issue with the tail end of the thread being about customs, so long as there is a good chunk of a custom figure stemming from the DX11.

Don't worry about it. The 'custom allowance' ebbs and flows, it seems to be in an ebb right now. Or a flow, I'm not sure where I stand with that analogy.

There's not much else to find out about the DX11, so I see no issue with the tail end of the thread being about customs, so long as there is a good chunk of a custom figure stemming from the DX11.
Ok cool, thanks for clearing that up! I looked through and saw a lot of custom Jokers in here, so I wanted to share mine with everyone else who owns the figure. Id say70% of mine is the stock DX11. Ive always wanted the DX11 as I used to have the DX01, but was never fully satisfied with any of HT sculpts. They always sculpted a strange expression that throws off the likeness to Ledger but hopefully one day they get it right

You're right, they're not supposed to be posting it. It's a cool looking head and all, but this is the wrong topic to post in. This thread's for the DX11.

I hardly ever visit the customs section so I didn't see any problem with someone opting their customised DX11 in the DX11 thread where I got to see something incredibly cool. A shame they were made to feel bad about it, hope it doesn't stop anyone doing so in future.

I see no problem with people posting custom stuff as long as they don't mind me laughing my ass off about paying $300 for a head and $1,000 for a "Kato" pair of socks. Jesus Christ.

Hence why, the DC custom section exists. No one will give you any crap, really. Spend 2K on a 1/6 suit and it's all good. For reals.

Rooted hair SUCKS. My opinion and mine only.

Blah

I see no problem with people posting custom stuff as long as they don't mind me laughing my ass off about paying $300 for a head and $1,000 for a "Kato" pair of socks. Jesus Christ.

Hence why, the DC custom section exists. No one will give you any crap, really. Spend 2K on a 1/6 suit and it's all good. For reals.

Blah
Good thing the hair on mine isn't rooted, which does suck..I'm with you on that one, no rooted hair every looks good in this scale. And the socks are stock, as is the entire outfit except the coat and sculpt.

Blah

Frankly, the $1K socks is a bit of an exaggeration :)lol), and, as ridiculous as you might think paying some of those prices for custom work is, I can assure you that, to the rest of the world, paying $200+ for an action figure is equally ridiculous.

I've never bought a Kato suit or a $300 headsculpt, but I can understand why people might want to. Kato's stuff is top quality, and I've seen some pretty amazing headsculpts in my time here. The point I'm getting at is that people should be allowed to spend their money how they want without having to deal with the judgement of those around them who happen to be equally quirky.

Frankly, the $1K socks is a bit of an exaggeration :)lol), and, as ridiculous as you might think paying some of those prices for custom work is, I can assure you that, to the rest of the world, paying $200+ for an action figure is equally ridiculous.

I've never bought a Kato suit or a $300 headsculpt, but I can understand why people might want to. Kato's stuff is top quality, and I've seen some pretty amazing headsculpts in my time here. The point I'm getting at is that people should be allowed to spend their money how they want without having to deal with the judgement of those around them who happen to be equally quirky.

Now THAT is a great post. Ask 100 people in any street in any city of the world what they think of adults spending several hundred quid on an action figure... you'll get at least 99 'WTF?' looks, and usually 100.

Exactly. I agree.

All I'm saying is that there's a thread that has been specifically created so that people who spend their money in that stuff can talk it out without getting any negative criticism, or being made fun of.

There was a point where people were talking about applying gel on this guys's hair. GEL, for christ's sake. Nurses outfits, 100's of equally horrifying head sculpts, Kato this Kato that.

I own a DX11, and its a magnificent figure as is. And the fact that we are already paying top dollar for a figure, it makes me laugh when others flunk an additional 1K for a suit and a handkerchief. Sorry. It's not my place to judge, but I can't help to find it ridiculous. My prerogative. Might be wrong, I don't know.

You won't see me on the customs thread raining on anyone's parade. Ever.

I can't wait for Kato to start making accurate BRJ watches.

Exactly. I agree.

All I'm saying is that there's a thread that has been specifically created so that people who spend their money in that stuff can talk it out without getting any negative criticism, or being made fun of.

There was a point where people were talking about applying gel on this guys's hair. GEL, for christ's sake. Nurses outfits, 100's of equally horrifying head sculpts, Kato this Kato that.

I own a DX11, and its a magnificent figure as is. And the fact that we are already paying top dollar for a figure, it makes me laugh when others flunk an additional 1K for a suit and a handkerchief. Sorry. It's not my place to judge, but I can't help to find it ridiculous. My prerogative. Might be wrong, I don't know.

Fair enough, but I hardly ever go in the Customs section and some things are so amazing that they deserve a wider audience. Because of those posts I've found out about a head I knew nothing about.

Exactly. I agree.

I looked for a Custom Joker thread in the DC custom section and didnt see one so I decided to post mine in here.

And as is the DX11 is a great figure with a sub par headsculpt. Almost every figure released could use some tweaks to make it more accurate and thats what I find fun about the hobby..making figures as accurate as possible.

Some people are ok to settle for any representation of a character, as you seem to be, and thats ok too.

And theres already a thread in the custom section for an accurate calculator watch for BRJ made by Fan

Exactly. I agree.

Again, though, like I said, whether you're shelling out $1K for a doll, or $1K for 5 dolls, you still spent $1K on dolls. To most people outside this hobby, they'd find that equally ridiculous. My point is that we're a community. We share a common interest, and it's a very niche thing to find people who enjoy this hobby. Why soil it with action figure class warfare?:lol The most I've ever spent on a figure was $600 on the custom Blondie figure that came out last year. I sold my DX 08 and DX 09 to fund it.

I love those figures, but I figured that, even if I did pay double what I originally paid, it'd still be cheaper than what I'd be paying for the custom, had I missed out (which, last time I checked eBay, was about $1,000 over what it originally sold for). On the surface, that might seem ridiculous, but, with all of the licensing nightmares regarding pretty much anything Clint Eastwood, I wanted that character on my shelf, and I figured he was important enough that I'd sacrifice two characters for one.

It all comes down to what makes you happy. Some people strive to have the most screen accurate collectible they can get their hands on, others just want any representation they can find, but both those parties love these characters and these mythos enough that they want a physical representation of them in their homes.

Last edited:
Back