Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1zx4mix.jpg

vhan2t.jpg

resculpted eyes. :rock

Looks awesome man. While you were at it, you should've sculpted over the seam at the hair line. I always hated that about the DX01 sculpt.

I dont get why the hairline on the DX01 is so awful. Earlier releases had decent hair sculpts :dunno

BR Joker and the original MMS V1 Joker also have a seam at the hairline. The ones that don't have a seam at the hair line are the Smirking BR Joker Sculpt, and the DX11 2.0 to my knowledge

This might be a dumb question but does anyone know where I can get this DX01 new?? You guys might think I'm crazy but I like this one a little better than the 2.0.....

To each his own. The DX01 is not a perfect sculpt in any sense anyway. :)

It's not just the way the eyes look, it's the eye openings, it's the unrealistic robotic panels on the back of the head, it's the fact that they can break or go cross eyed on a whim.

Nothing beats a solid head sculpt with nicely painted eyes in my opinion. You don't have to worry about damage (apart from paint rubs), you don't have to worry about derpy eyes, it's a solid piece, not a hollow piece of crap to support a fragile gimmick.

This might be a dumb question but does anyone know where I can get this DX01 new?? You guys might think I'm crazy but I like this one a little better than the 2.0.....

I doubt if you could find a new DX01 now ? Even when I got mine 2 yrs ago it was second hand, but in perfect condition. You could try ebay, sometimes sellers in China have got old figures which are brand new, never opened, but you will be hard pushed to find a DX01 in new mint condition, after all it came out in 2009.
I hear what you say though, the DX01 is a very cool figure, even now is holds up as a great piece, Love the fact that you got the cop Joker stuff with it too.

i got mine new off of eBay last august (and happily paid through the nose for it). unfortunately the prices have only gotten worse since.

good luck....

Thanks for that guys, ya figured I would have to pay a pretty penny for him. I'll try to keep checking eBay though.

Back