Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As awesome as this guy looks (DX), I still find something off about the headsculpt. I can't see Heath in it half as much as I can in the Bank Robber head. The tailoring on the clothes is absolutely fantastic though.

One thing I've thought from messing around with the DX head (and the approximately twelve million pics in this thread), is that looking at the DX head from a top down angle, especially when his eyes are looking up, the sculpt is pretty dead on.

But looking at the head from a lower angle, especially when the eyes are looking down, the face gets just a SLIGHTLY cartoony / caricature quality. Nothing major, of course, but a difference between the other angles.

One thing I've thought from messing around with the DX head (and the approximately twelve million pics in this thread), is that looking at the DX head from a top down angle, especially when his eyes are looking up, the sculpt is pretty dead on.

But looking at the head from a lower angle, especially when the eyes are looking down, the face gets just a SLIGHTLY cartoony / caricature quality. Nothing major, of course, but a difference between the other angles.

Yeah, PERS is generally ideal for head down, eyes looking up.

i managed to get a spare PERS head that i'm going to INTENTIONALLY dismember...coz nobody seems to be keen on selling their broken PERS.:panic:

A few crappy pics of my repainted DX Joker.

100_0325-1.jpg

100_0337.jpg

100_0332.jpg

100_0343.jpg

100_0345.jpg

100_0347.jpg

I really like that repaint! Only thing that bothers me is the hairline but that is a design flaw IMO that it not only is seperate but looks seperate from his forehead. I tried to add some white to his hairline and took it off because of that

Its sooo hard to do unless your a pro at this. I tried using sculpy and just couldnt get it to look natural enough. I just ended up saying "screw it" and went ahead with just repainting the red on his smile. Looks a lot like yours which fills out his lips more and doesnt look quite so perfect like the DX has

Well when they break you can still manually move each eyeball to how you want it, I know I wouldn't sell mine if it broke.

i was hoping for some unfortunate OC would sell off theirs. :lol
trying to break a piece of art worth $$$ INTENTIONALLY isn't really pleasant y'know.:monkey3

hey quick question. wheres the best place to pick this guy up at a reasonable price??? got my tax refund coming in and i want to pick him up while i still can.

i don't know what it is, but i'm starting to not see heath anymore on this sculpt. before I could see a bit of him there, but now? It's just a stranger with the joker make-up.

that's maybe so after I've seen so many pics of adams sculpts ^^

i know what you mean. it's the scene i think is where he points with his finger to someone else. there he has a bit of the expression like on the sculpt, but overall the shape is just wrong. i really can see more heath even on the medicom joker or dc joker. i really don't want to bash hot toys. i love this figure and i really thought that this sculpt is really brilliant. but over time, I'm getting disappointed. don't know why ^^

Back