Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the fact that he distorted his face so much as well as the makeup rendering him almost unrecognizable throws the sculpt off. His expressions and such were so animated that at most times it looked nothing like Heath. The scenes where his makeup was thinner (like when he killed Gamble) really looked like Heath, but when it was heavier he looks like someone else entirely. The sculpt looks most like him when he's standing by the pile of burning money.

DSC07334.jpg

100_0361.jpg

100_0359.jpg

I just started weathering my DX joker overcoat to match how it looked in the film:
2718085458_12272c7052_o.jpg

23856.jpg

Here is my work on 1/1 scale clothing:
IMG_0750.jpg

The 1/6 scale version weathering looks spot on, but it setting right now so I will post pics soon.

I just started weathering my DX joker overcoat to match how it looked in the film:

Here is my work on 1/1 scale clothing:
IMG_0750.jpg

The 1/6 scale version weathering looks spot on, but it setting right now so I will post pics soon.

Yes, PLEASE share pics when its finished. One of the things I was also going to "get around" to doing. Was also one of the details I was hoping HT would nail with the DX release

I weathered the shoes and overcoat. Here are the shoes:
IMG_1892.jpg

the coat is based off this look:
2718085458_12272c7052_o.jpg

IMG_1880.jpg

I still have a little bit more to go on the coat.

The collar looks so much thinner on the real one. The DX looks kinda puffy. Not that it doesn't look good though.

Looks great, I did a similar thing to mine except not with the ink, just grease and waethering dust. Adds so much to the figure. All the little details add up

Ok I am done weathering.. I may add a little more of the india ink for depth, but it is basically done. Also I dyed the blazer the accurate blue color.
IMG_1941.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1942.jpg

looks good, but i think the flash is throwing it way off..it almost looks like you spilled white-out and then smudged it in spots...can you take some pics of it in regular light/outdoors with no flash? i'm sure it would look much better like that.

otherwise, great job, i dont think i have the cojones to do that! :lol

yeah it is for sure the flash. I have also painted the buttons black on the overcoat instead of purple. I will post pics when they are done.

Is this preparation for the bobby sculpt?

honestly im not sure what head I am going to use for this one. Boot25 is actually repainting a DX head for me and I may get a BobbyC 1/6, but I will already have the 1/3 so I am not sure. I just know I want a batman and joker together and that cannot happen in 1/3

here are some better pics with the correct color buttons on the overcoat.
IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

I also have a medicom joker shirt coming and a custom 1/6 tie along with the V1 pants and a longer gold chain.

I make a bit of a mix too. I bid on some objects form the Joker DX01 on Ebay and won them :yess:
These clothes i put on the HT bank robber Joker and see the result:

imgp1942v.jpg

For the finishing touch i put some grenades in his overcoat.

imgp1945.jpg

I must buy a tie but that is for later...

Back