Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad news for me, after 3 months PERS finally broke on my joker. I didn't even forced them, actually eyes on mine moved smoothly. I didn't took pics of the thing broken but here's how I fixed it. Apparently it works fine, I hope it lasts.

broke.jpg

See, i think Hot Toys has really cheaped out on this, should have used a metal guide in the center piece controling the eye movement.

Hopefully they'll just start using Batman style PERS on all figures, maybe it's just luck with Batman, but at least up and down his PERS moves much more smoothly than Joker, less fear of a break. Ideally, all the mechanices for PERS would be metal so it could endure, but I also imagine they build it with intent to put the eyes in a pose and probably leave them that way for like 3 months or so and don't expect people to be moving them all the time.

Definitely deserves figure of the year! Glad it won!!!:cool:

I broke down and got BR Joker and I love him!

I also ordered the nurse outfit and I am so glad I did. Love the smirking BRJ face in that context!

P1060200.jpg

P1060199.jpg

Behold: The many face of Joker!

Great group shot Maglor - getting tempted to make a Nurse version myself

If you have a TT you can use, it's well worth the $30 to get the nurse kit.

I know that a lot of people may have the slicked back hair head sculpt on the BRJ body because they have the other BRJ head on the V1 body, but If you have the DX Joker you have the definitive clown! Put the V1 head back on the V1 body then you can put the regular BRJ head back on the BRJ body, thus freeing up the slicked back BRJ head sculpt for the nurse... :cool:

I am much happier with the nurse bash than I thought I would be. The wig fits/looks great with that head, a the accessories are great! Only defect with the kit is the color of the provided hands. They don't match hot toys TT, so make sure you have some extra hands laying around.

Also, I need to fix the crease across the skirt... maybe need to do some ironing...:D

It feels great to have the option of displaying Heath in every form he appeared in on the DK screen! :rock

Except for the police Joker, I love all your poses. I really want to get the toysmon suit. However me not having a paypal along with my dad not liking to buy stuff off the internet and me being in high school, I'm not sure if I will ever get it. :(

to be accurate at least 5

Yeah, I remember you saying you wanted 10...

Except for the police Joker, I love all your poses.

Thank you!:D I just threw them together... ironically, with the exception of the Police Joker! :confused:

I agonized over the Police pose for several days. :rolleyes:

What exactly don't you like about it?

That pose is pretty good, looks like he's about to jet out like in the movie.
-calvarenga

Thanks, that's what I was going for.

I talked about how I came up with that pose earlier in this thread:

P1050478.jpg

I think the pose above will be the definitive one for me.

I think the portrait of Heath is primarily based on this shot:

tdk_1341.jpg

Other than a hint from his shoulders, you can't see what is going on with his lower body in this picture but it is happening immediately after he shoots Gordan and immediately before he drops the rifle and runs. So that's what I was going for.

Plus I like to take advantage of tilting ankles and get a nice deep stance like this when I can.

And the TT holds it great!

[Edit: Just realized that the pose in this post was tweaked to the pose that you commented on Ed. I put the left leg forward instead of the right to be in keeping with the position one would actually be in if they had just fired a rifle right-handed. Also I brought the left shoulder a little farther forward to match the movie still better.]

Last edited:
Except for the police Joker, I love all your poses. I really want to get the toysmon suit. However me not having a paypal along with my dad not liking to buy stuff off the internet and me being in high school, I'm not sure if I will ever get it. :(

Yeah, I remember you saying you wanted 10...

True, 5 joker heads, 5 batman heads

Back