Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, and cool photos, neo. Do you apply the background blur from an editing software or is it all in-camera?

It all in-camera ;)

2last for today:

fireworks.jpg

I_m_not_a_monster.jpg

Actually you should have this effect with most shots if you are in low light settings from what little I understand especially when you are up close cause with larger aperture your field of depth gets really narrow. When in well lit situations and smaller aperture to achieve this effect you will need to use a zoom lens I believe. I can't remember what this blurring effect is officially called :p

It's depth of field, the stronger it is the more blurred things will get as you move away from the focal point, and it works in foreground, background and middleground, you can have objects in front and behind the subject super blurred, or the object in back really blurred or the front object blurred. It's one of my favorite things with photography, I think it makes shots more interesting when some of the other elements become more abstract and one specific spot really pops.

It's a mix of aperture, focal length, lens type. No matter what I do, the current lens I have on my camera will never blur things that close to each other as much as those shots. I actually need to get a different lens for this sort of photography, my current one is ideal for people.

Well it's not something I can achieve on my camera anyhow. :lol

Neo must be using a prosumer or above-level camera. The blur is really intense.

Thank you very much guys,
I'm very happy that you enjoy it :joy

I have a lot of ideas for new pics ( I've received my tumbler.. :monkey5 )

I can't wait to get some pics up, noones paying attention to me!!

Neo - I used a tiny piece of blue tac to stick the corners of his collar down, I think it looks a little better but some people probably like the more messy look. Just a tip if they annoy you like they did me :)

I can't wait to get some pics up, noones paying attention to me!!

Neo - I used a tiny piece of blue tac to stick the corners of his collar down, I think it looks a little better but some people probably like the more messy look. Just a tip if they annoy you like they did me :)

Thank you for the tip :) It's a good idea

I got my Toys2 shipping notice on Tuesday, but still no UPS Quantum email. Kinda strange. I can't even track by reference, so I'm wondering if UPS even picked up the package yet.

I got my Toys2 shipping notice on Tuesday, but still no UPS Quantum email. Kinda strange. I can't even track by reference, so I'm wondering if UPS even picked up the package yet.

It seems they did the shipping notices ahead of time on Tuesday and Quantums will go out as they're able to ship, I got a notice Tuesday but mine just shipped yesterday, you might get one today.

It seems they did the shipping notices ahead of time on Tuesday and Quantums will go out as they're able to ship, I got a notice Tuesday but mine just shipped yesterday, you might get one today.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up MaulFan! And I don't post frequent, but I do pop in time to time and let me mirror other people's comments that you take great pictures! Really enjoy them!

Thank you, well come Monday, I'll be adding work in here finally, but a lot of great stuff already so I'll be brainstorming ways to bring something different to the table.

Back