Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems cheap when it's half a tie and elastic band versus a full, functional tie.

Yeah considering it's a DX and other MMS's gets it. I disagree about the fitting part somebody else came to the conclusion of. A solid tie like the BillyB/Tony Stark and Two Face creates 0 bulges going all around the neck.

People complained about the v1 tie as well because of the elastic and some peoples snapped while they were futzing.

People complained about the v1 tie as well because of the elastic and some peoples snapped while they were futzing.

Mine actually snapped the other day, though at least the DX improved it with significantly more stitchine, the v1 has a small threading, really, really poor.

The pencil is a funny gag, but between the size at 1/6 and the gag needing the series of events, I don't think having one with the figure would be as cool as the moment on screen. The figure isn't talking or moving so essentially he'd just be holding this tiny stick while on display.

Mine actually snapped the other day, though at least the DX improved it with significantly more stitchine, the v1 has a small threading, really, really poor.

My V1 tie is a whisker away from snapping. I've resisted futzing until I can replace it with a BillyB or DX version.

I only snapped mine because in my impatience for the DX, I was trying the v1 bits I won't be using in my bash on a narrow TT to see how it looks, leaving my BillyB tie and shirt on the v1 TT, went to put on the tie and snap, fixed easy enough with super glue, but still.

Yeah considering it's a DX and other MMS's gets it. I disagree about the fitting part somebody else came to the conclusion of. A solid tie like the BillyB/Tony Stark and Two Face creates 0 bulges going all around the neck.

Why are you so quick to assume the DX tie won't fit better or won't be more durable than the V1 tie?

Read it again.

We are talking about cheap shortcuts here. Elastic & stitching snaps/perishes over a given time. The fitting part I was referring to was somebody said a solid tie (BillyB, Tony Stark and Two Face) doesn't fit as nicely under around the collar. Thats where I disagree. It's completely flush.

Read it again.

We are talking about cheap shortcuts here. Elastic & stitching snaps/perishes over a given time. The fitting part I was referring to was somebody said a solid tie (BillyB, Tony Stark and Two Face) doesn't fit as nicely under around the collar. Thats where I disagree. It's completely flush.

Sounds all the same to me. It's not like I'm taking the figure with me into the wilderness or refitting it every hour so the possibility of elastic perishing over a given (?) time renders moot.

But to each his own, I guess.

I guess you've never had rubber perish on it's own even without being touched? even lots of warm air will deteriorate it and you don't have to play with it for it's goodness to give in. Hot summers and such for one example.

I'm planning on buying this from ebay.
Is Goodshipped any good? Any of you bought stuff from this store?

I'm planning on buying this from ebay.
Is Goodshipped any good? Any of you bought stuff from this store?

If you are using Ebay I would recommend Studio Sunny. I have bought a number of figs from him with zero problems - excellent communication / no customs charges / fast delivery.

Hope that helps.

On the whole tie debacle, If... if the elastic ever needs replacing it'd be a very easy fix. And I'm sure Harue had their reasons for doing it this way, and it won't be unit cost (it takes more work to add the elastic). I'm sure the fact they went for a woven fabric rather than a print has added bulk so after their R&D the consensus was that this works best!

Back