Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yea, sadly.

Here's a pic of me on the set, after a break in filming from the scene where Batman intrudes on the drug selling scene featuring the Chechen, Scarecrow, and the fake Batmen.

Sorry for the grainy pic, it was taken with my cell phone at night. But this is a pic I got with Cillian Murphy, moments after he finished his scene.

CillianMurphy.jpg

Those two aren't fans. It was too difficult for fans to get a pic with him while in makeup. He was heavily guarded the whole time. Well except for when he was riding on his skateboard around the set in the streets of Chicago, but he was too busy to stop for pics. I met him point blank face to face on LaSalle in between a break while they were filming the scene where he's shooting the automatic weapon and screaming "Hit Me" ... it was surreal and quite terrifying seeing him up close and personal in the get up. But I didn't want to give away I was a fan, so I didn't bum rush him and ask for a pic or something. Just a "Hello" ... but I guarantee you no fan got a pic with him in makeup. Thats just a few guys who work on the set on a daily basis getting a pic with him. There was another set of pics similar to this bye the trailers of fellow actors, the two black dudes from the mob meeting scene, who got a pic with Ledger like this in a similar fashion.

Fans wouldn't be able to get into the trailer sections like that to get a picture.

Certainly makes sense, may I ask what was he like in person from your perspective?

Again, this figure just blows me away. When I first heard about a 3rd Joker from Hot Toys I hoped for a Police version instead of Nurse. Just about everyone I knew disagreed with me. For Hot Toys to pretty much redo version one is above and beyond what I'd expect from a company. Kudos Hot Toys, kudos! Now to find a True Type body so I can display both of these looks.

Certainly makes sense, may I ask what was he like in person from your perspective?
Heath Ledger and Gary Oldman were by FAR the nicest and most down to earth people I have ever met, in terms of actors. Because by all means, actors are usually the most touchy, super sensitive, superficial, ego driven, primadonnas on the planet.

Christian Bale, and Cillian Murphy however were the opposite end of the spectrum. Both Bale and Murphy were really cool with me, but I saw both of those dudes be utter dicks to other fans point blank.

Oh yea, forgot ... Chris Nolan. The busiest man on the set 24/7 for that whole summer of 2007 filming this project always managed to find some time for fans, and was extremely generous and endearing.

Heath Ledger and Gary Oldman were by FAR the nicest and most down to earth people I have ever met, in terms of actors. Because by all means, actors are usually the most touchy, super sensitive, superficial, ego driven, primadonnas on the planet.

Christian Bale, and Cillian Murphy however were the opposite end of the spectrum. Both Bale and Murphy were really cool with me, but I saw both of those dudes be utter dicks to other fans point blank.

Wow I hate hearing that since I love Bale. I've always wondered what he is like in person, even before that rant on T4. Still would love to meet Bale as he is easily one of my fav actors. Would not expect that of Murphy though for some reason.

Oh yea, forgot ... Chris Nolan. The busiest man on the set 24/7 for that whole summer of 2007 filming this project always managed to find some time for fans, and was extremely generous and endearing.

I'm not surprised by this, he's always appeared to be both classy and down to earth. I'm a big Nolan fan.

I'm not surprised by this, he's always appeared to be both classy and down to earth. I'm a big Nolan fan.
From what I hear his brother is even more down to earth. Both grew up in Chicago, and from friends of mine that knew him he was a great guy as well. And both of them are extremely talented. Jonah turning out two great scripts in the Prestige and TDK, and hopefully ... Terminator Salvation.

Christian Bale is a ^^^^...surprising!

what other actors/actresses have you met?

edit: why could you write that they were dicks, but i cant write that he is a ^^^^?
they are the same word, only one is plural...

From what I hear his brother is even more down to earth. Both grew up in Chicago, and from friends of mine that knew him he was a great guy as well. And both of them are extremely talented. Jonah turning out two great scripts in the Prestige and TDK, and hopefully ... Terminator Salvation.

So are you from Chicago as well? I've been to both New York (2008) and Chicago (2001) and just loved Chicago the most. Its always fun to watch BB and TDK and spot places i'd been :D

Wow I hate hearing that since I love Bale. I've always wondered what he is like in person, even before that rant on T4. Still would love to meet Bale as he is easily one of my fav actors. Would not expect that of Murphy though for some reason.

Bale was cool to me because I never approach these people like a driveling nerdy fan boy, even if I am one. Ya know? Bale spoke with me at length in the summer of 2004 when filming BEGINS. But I knew his capabilities well before his much publicized rant a few months ago.

In 2004 I heard him cuss out this fans wife for merely taking a photo of him. "Without his permission" ... he called her a stupid ^^^^ing ^^^^, flicked her off, etc.

I know for one thing though, if Murphy and/or Bale interacted with me the way I saw them treat other people ... I wouldn't have stood for it. I don't give a ^^^^ who it is you're not going to treat me like that.

But Oldman was HILARIOUS and so nice. BTW, that Gordon stache is a prosthetic. But one night I was down there with a friend during the filming of BEGINS. And the filming ended and it was like real late, early morning type deal. And he was talking with us about the city, what have you. And we're complaining about being hungry, nothing being open at this time of night in the heart of downtown. And Gary Oldman went ahead and offered if me and my buddy wanted some of his left over chinese food. hahaha

It was hilarious. We said thanks, but no thanks. But couldn't believe he offered us food from his trailer.

So are you from Chicago as well? I've been to both New York (2008) and Chicago (2001) and just loved Chicago the most. Its always fun to watch BB and TDK and spot places i'd been :D

I was born here, raised here till I was 9. Moved back for college and been back ever since, so yes. So in that regard the Nolan Batman movies have an even stronger connection with me. My favorite character / mythos, filmed on epic standards in my hometown. It's just great. I can name every location used for BEGINS and for TDK. TDK ... damn near 90 percent of the movie was filmed on location here in Chicago. BEGINS was more like 40 to 50 percent. They spent alot and/or equal amounts of time in England and Iceland or whatever for that movie.

Glad you liked Chicago so much. It's always number 1 in my heart. Big city feel of NYC, but without the majority of scumbugs. Midwestern ideals and good hearted people. For the most part, haha. It has its fair share of baddies too though considering it's a urban metropolis.

Well, if you want to dispute the source because of an unsubstantiated hunch, that's your business, but I don't see the incentive to lie. What are you suggesting that they are "spinning?" It was the same sculpter, who did two sculpts that look completely different, where the first one really has no resemblance to the character as we know him, but does look like Joker in one promotional shot.
I'm suggesting they are spinning the reason why the V1 had serious likeness issues. I don't know about where you work, but I'm not allowed to badmouth my company, it's in my contract. Isn't it reasonable to assume that Yulli, as an employee, isn't going to bad mouth Hot Toys either.

It just doesn't make sense that Hot Toys would go to the trouble of throwing together a figure, of this subject matter, so lightly, and that the V1 turned out so bad, considering Yulli's awesome talent, even if the reference material was so scarce. There are still plenty of Heath Ledger pictures about to sculpt him without make up and add the scars, then paint it up, and have it come out better than what it did. Even now Hot Toys still has V1 up, and I quote "featuring - Authentic likeness of the JOKER."

As far as believing the source, I put that in the category of gullibility. I didn't say she lied either, though the incentive would be to pull the wool over their customers eyes, considering the backlash of comments that were made once the BR Joker was unveiled. They never said a word about it till that happened. I suppose that was just a coincidence as well.

Bale was cool to me because I never approach these people like a driveling nerdy fan boy, even if I am one. Ya know? Bale spoke with me at length in the summer of 2004 when filming BEGINS. But I knew his capabilities well before his much publicized rant a few months ago.

In 2004 I heard him cuss out this fans wife for merely taking a photo of him. "Without his permission" ... he called her a stupid ^^^^ing ^^^^, flicked her off, etc.

I know for one thing though, if Murphy and/or Bale interacted with me the way I saw them treat other people ... I wouldn't have stood for it. I don't give a ^^^^ who it is you're not going to treat me like that.

But Oldman was HILARIOUS and so nice. BTW, that Gordon stache is a prosthetic. But one night I was down there with a friend during the filming of BEGINS. And the filming ended and it was like real late, early morning type deal. And he was talking with us about the city, what have you. And we're complaining about being hungry, nothing being open at this time of night in the heart of downtown. And Gary Oldman went ahead and offered if me and my buddy wanted some of his left over chinese food. hahaha

It was hilarious. We said thanks, but no thanks. But couldn't believe he offered us food from his trailer.

Man you should have asked Gary oldman to let Hot Toys use his likeness to make a Gordon figure:monkey2 Infact if I ever meet any actor, thats the only thing i would be concerned with. How could you say no?! I wonder If Aaron Ekhart knows about the two-face figure? Its basically the Aaron Ekhart action figure:lol

Man you should have asked Gary oldman to let Hot Toys use his likeness to make a Gordon figure:monkey2 Infact if I ever meet any actor, thats the only thing i would be concerned with. How could you say no?! I wonder If Aaron Ekhart knows about the two-face figure? Its basically the Aaron Ekhart action figure:lol
That would've had some weird implications asking a grown ass man if he could let a toy company have his likeness so I could own a mini representation of him in plastic form. Too many innuendos there, too much possible weirdness.

Back