Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, the stand displayed in Hot Toys store window is the actual one. Toy World got some updated photos.

https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=13984&extra=page%3D1&page=31

Photo taken by Siu Bing Bing:
20090402_2f621e21cd4c8c9792b2Fuipb6WkrxH6.jpg

That's much better than the April fool's one. I'm wondering if the lights in the corner will be powerful enough to give him some evil looking under lighting?

Are those led lights just sitting on the corners? Wow, HT that is imaginative design (sarcasm). I don't like it but I hope there's more to it than what I see.

Are those led lights just sitting on the corners? Wow, HT that is imaginative design (sarcasm). I don't like it but I hope there's more to it than what I see.

It appears that the lights are pointed at the figure so they cast light on the figure when they are on. Like a glow from the bottom in a runway type style. That's what I imagine they are for anyway.

Just A Freak, I'd love to hear more stories if you have any. I find them very interesting. I wish there were more behind the scenes footage available--especially with Heath Ledger. This thread is full of speculation anyway, so I don't consider your stories off topic. :)

that stand is...ehh....ok..

Yeah, cool if it does illumintate the figure and all, but the desing has no meaning, it's some random industrial floor, I don't think there's even anything like that in TDK, and if there is it's not prominent. Base isn't a deal breaker, but for something that's supposed be part of this big hoopla figure set, feels like a swing and a miss.

it's a light up base...:duh

what did you expect?? fireworks, flames and dancing ladies? :confused:

Well if you had paid attention to the last few pages of the thread, after seeing the fake (possibly for april fools) led stand, you would have read comments wishing for a sculpted base like what HT did for the ALIENS and Terminator figures. Some board members mentioned a great idea for HT to do a stand comprised of sculpted burning cash, using led lights to create the illusion of flames.

So yeah, I did expect more for a deluxe figure than this generic stand design that they'll prbly use for subsequent DX figures. I wonder if the metal plate on the stand is plastic...

Yeah, cool if it does illumintate the figure and all, but the desing has no meaning, it's some random industrial floor, I don't think there's even anything like that in TDK, and if there is it's not prominent. Base isn't a deal breaker, but for something that's supposed be part of this big hoopla figure set, feels like a swing and a miss.

totally agree with you Maul.
that stand sucks :mad:

Well if you had paid attention to the last few pages of the thread, after seeing the fake (possibly for april fools) led stand, you would have read comments wishing for a sculpted base like what HT did for the ALIENS and Terminator figures. Some board members mentioned a great idea for HT to do a stand comprised of sculpted burning cash, using led lights to create the illusion of flames.

So yeah, I did expect more for a deluxe figure than this generic stand design that they'll prbly use for subsequent DX figures. I wonder if the metal plate on the stand is plastic...

I read the whole thing...:google

I guess we could of hoped for the melted cheese base..:rolleyes:

as for expecting more....:confused:

what pray tell would you have invisioned?? :huh

I actually like it. I hope they use the same design for future releases in the DX line. It'll give them that uniform look that says they are the elite figures.

I like the raised TDK logo towards the front of the base. Not sure about the lights though as they are; they seem a bit twee. It's more of a base with 4 lights than a true light-up base, you know where the whole of the base lights up, maybe like a batsignal or the burning cash idea. I don't like that it says 'The Joker MMS DX' on the nameplate either. I'd have prefered just 'The Joker". Still, it's not a deal-breaker...I'm already hooked!

100% agree Maul.

Back