Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are horrible Neo. I don't know how you can live knowing you spent money on that crap. If I were you, I would just toss them in the trash.
Uh... where do you live?:monkey3

:lol

IMG_3645.jpg

I've never liked those ones on the left or the right. Those are the 1K ones right? Those are the weakest 1/6 custom Joker heads I've seen, I don't see why it cost so much. I don't like how fake and flaky the headsculpt looks. Like it was cast and molded in this mossy, dried foam. I'm sure in hand it's solid but it really looks like you could crush it like a stale loaf of bread. Then the hair looks like a tiger's mane, the part isn't even right. There's something animalistic about it, like a cat-beast with the hair and stylized nose.

IMO, these are bad comparisons and actually makes the DX 01 look superior. Look how crusty and unrefined the crustom looks. The neck post is lazily done, the skin texture is awful, like something I'd find in my back yard. I like the hair (the DX 02 hair looks stupid with the plastic part) but there's too much of it, looks bad. Looks awful.

I don't really know which is which, but out of all the customs this has been my favorite, especially the mouth and hair. Adam's right?

hll2.jpg

The rest look awful. I know its collector's hard earned cash but I laugh at the very thought of dropping $1,000, one THOUSAND dollars (multiple 1/6 figures or two vehicles we're talking here) for a shoddy, 1/6 head.

Last edited:
No one was trolling. Someone said they still prefer the HT sculpts (not me). That it all. Not trolling :dunno

:goodpost: were all entitled to our opion but unless you actually see them in hand it's quite hard to compare from just pictures. I find figures normally always look better in hand IMO

Yep, same here. Wasn't it less than $100 as well? Definitely the better head.

Some of you guys really think Hot Toys is better then this?

Jokerinnaturallight114.jpg

Jokerinnaturallight133.jpg

I'm not trying to start a fight or anything. I'm just curious how one can objectively think that?

In general, everything about a Hot Toys head is cleaner. The paint and sculpt will tend to be more rough on even the best custom. I think a lot of people get hung up on that.

I honestly think that your Joker is very good, as I said, Adam's has flaws, as do Hot Toys', but I do think that HT has you beat with cop joker. I definitely see Ledger in your sculpt, but I believe HT has the advantage as they had achieved both the likeness, and expression in their attempt. As for DiFabio's remarks about the BobbyC Jokers crusty factor, I think that was done purposely. If you visit his site, there are various silicone sculptures, yet the Joker is the only one to have the "crusty" thing going, most likely to achieve the caked-on makeup effect. I do think the hair seems a bit out of order in certain pics, but like anything, you need to futz with it to achieve what you want. I believe that Neo's photo that I reposted above is a BobbyC Joker as well (albeit a different version), and I see very little of the crust effect on it.

I honestly think that your Joker is very good, as I said, Adam's has flaws, as do Hot Toys', but I do think that HT has you beat with cop joker. I definitely see Ledger in your sculpt, but I believe HT has the advantage as they had achieved both the likeness, and expression in their attempt. As for DiFabio's remarks about the BobbyC Jokers crusty factor, I think that was done purposely. If you visit his site, there are various silicone sculptures, yet the Joker is the only one to have the "crusty" thing going, most likely to achieve the caked-on makeup effect. I do think the hair seems a bit out of order in certain pics, but like anything, you need to futz with it to achieve what you want. I believe that Neo's photo that I reposted above is a BobbyC Joker as well (albeit a different version), and I see very little of the crust effect on it.

Yeah, Bobby commented numerous times about why the skin has that "crusty" look. I think it's very effective for the character.

Also, that pic of Neo's that you quoted looks like a real person.

I think that the eyes are some of the most scary/realistic things I've seen from any figure. It's amazing how many people have been able to make incredibly detailed eyes, but Bobby actually gives them a wet look, which, again, makes them all the more realistic.

Why the hell can't HT just show the DX 2.0? I had to sell my DX01 to fund the 89 stuff and I need a replacement, dammit.

You picking the worst shot of the DX01 doesn't change anything

They're just shots of the figure. My shots of my figures aren't special. They don't have any lighting effects except the flash from the camera. Here, better ones, with lighting effects to make it look "better":

Joker+Figure+Hot+Toys+MMS+DX+1.jpg

9%20TDK_MMS%20DX%2001_The%20Joker.jpg

You think that's better then this, objectively?

Jokerinnaturallight108.jpg

Jokerinnaturallight099.jpg

Objectively? The cop Joker is better than yours, as I said, it's expressive. Yours looks like a lifeless, emotionless exhibit from a wax museum. It's got the likeness and the scars, but it's more like the "Heath sitting in hair and makeup" edition.

Back