Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My DX PERS broke a while back, I manually put the eyes in one position and left them. I've been thinking about getting a custom HS but I'm not too familiar with the previous one's and who made them. Anybody got any pics of the best ones?

Bobby C's silicone sculpt is the best I have seen IMO.. (very old phone pics)

detolf.jpg

walkdesk.jpg

1.jpg
IMG_1284.jpg

Last edited:
Am I the only person who prefers HT work to these custom jobs. They all look ugly and off to me. Not saying I could do any better though

Am I the only person who prefers HT work to these custom jobs. They all look ugly and off to me. Not saying I could do any better though

As much as I am not an advocate of $everal hundred dollar custom sculpts, especially for the ledger joker, nothing HT has put out comes close to what he looked like in TDK. That said, MRM and Bobby C clearly win.

Some are billiant - though not worthy of the price tags in my opinion. Some look awful - yet some people say they look brilliant. I like the HT DX sculpt but in honesty, as much as I love Ledger in the film, I think his figure has been so overdone/drawn out by both HT and by customisers. The 89 Keaton / Nicholoson figures are refreshing and are a nice addition to those who are a bit sick to death of Nolan based figures.

Am I the only person who prefers HT work to these custom jobs.

No, you're not the only one. But opinions vary even amongst that crowd i.e. some (like you) think that customs don't looks as good while others just prefer mass produced collectibles over custom stuff. I've seen people who don't care if a custom actually looks better, they still refuse to add anything that's not mass produced to their collection.

No, you're not the only one. But opinions vary even amongst that crowd i.e. some (like you) think that customs don't looks as good while others just prefer mass produced collectibles over custom stuff. I've seen people who don't care if a custom actually looks better, they still refuse to add anything that's not mass produced to their collection.

It's a matter of not being able to spot any Ledger resemblance in these customs. Their paint ops are horrible in my eye. Whereas HT 'mass produced' sculpts capture the actor from every angle and they don't have that horrible real hair.:monkey4

I don't know. I think my figures look a LOT like Heath:

[ame]https://youtu.be/eiW8Nf8fmv4[/ame]

It's a matter of not being able to spot any Ledger resemblance in these customs. Their paint ops are horrible in my eye. Whereas HT 'mass produced' sculpts capture the actor from every angle and they don't have that horrible real hair.:monkey4

I actually think the sculpted hair looks far more artificial - like a big hair-shaped helmet. I think the best custom heads are Imaresqd1's - great likeness to Ledger that is...to Ledger's joker? Well maybe in an offscreen between filming scenes kind of way..but they lack the character he put into it - thats something the HT sculpts do better at.

I think some customs are incredible, while others are a bit overrated. I'm always stunned when I see work from BobbyC, but I'm really not big on Imaresqd1's Jokers. They're not bad by any means, but I really don't see how it's praised as "The best of the best." Maybe it doesn't photograph as well as BobbyC's, as one of the biggest problems that (at least I see) is that everything looks so soft;the skin, the makeup, the eyes, even the features almost look too soft. I think that the jaw is one of the biggest examples. Again, don't kill me, I'm stating an opinion, folks. Anyway, I hope we see the DX 2.0 soon as I had to part ways with my DX to pay for Keaton and Nicholson.

I think you nailed it when you said that Adam's strong suit is the likeness, but not the character. Bobby just nails the character time and again, from the eyes to the expression, and it's easy to overlook everything else when you're busy focusing on those things, and vice-versa.

I think some customs are incredible, while others are a bit overrated. I'm always stunned when I see work from BobbyC, but I'm really not big on Imaresqd1's Jokers. They're not bad by any means, but I really don't see how it's praised as "The best of the best." Maybe it doesn't photograph as well as BobbyC's, as one of the biggest problems that (at least I see) is that everything looks so soft;the skin, the makeup, the eyes, even the features almost look too soft. I think that the jaw is one of the biggest examples. Again, don't kill me, I'm stating an opinion, folks. Anyway, I hope we see the DX 2.0 soon as I had to part ways with my DX to pay for Keaton and Nicholson.

My opinion is that Imaresqd1 has never been toped in terms of likeness. BobbyC however, is the most realistic looking. The combination of a silicone head and real rooted hair can't be beat for realism, but his sculpt doesn't nail Ledger quite as good as Adam's.

They are both fantastic though, and congrats to anyone who owns either.

I love my MRM Joker. Considering he's a fraction of the price, he's pretty damn awesome.

IMG_2743.jpg

Back