1/6 Hot Toys - MMS Diecast - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
marvel-spider-man-homecoming-iron-man-mark-xlvii-sixth-scale-hot-toys-903079-16.jpg

"Do you like movies about gladiators?"

Remember that really old movie, Empire Strikes Back?

Peter. I am your father.

Re: Spider-Man: Homecoming 1/6th scale Mark XLVII Collectible Figure.

It was definitely the mark 46/47 helmet ... I just think the open helmet is to represent a moment like the trailer showed when Stark steps out of the suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are probably right about that but if you watch that part in the trailer closely you should notice that the helmet opens on the sides as well as the top. It could be, like someone else had mentioned, that it's going to represent a scene in the movie where the suit is flown remotely but we will obviously have to wait and see. Regardless, I'm glad they finally decided to include this as it's been forever (Mk. II AU) since they've included an empty helmet. In the comics, Stark has remotely piloted his armors many times and I really hope the movies do that more than just IM3. Still waiting for them to actually release that cool IM3 Mk. VII open armor version.

Anyways, liking this armor so much more than the PP version and, In my opinion, the accessories it comes with are worth the price.

You are probably right about that but if you watch that part in the trailer closely you should notice that the helmet opens on the sides as well as the top. It could be, like someone else had mentioned, that it's going to represent a scene in the movie where the suit is flown remotely but we will obviously have to wait and see. Regardless, I'm glad they finally decided to include this as it's been forever (Mk. II AU) since they've included an empty helmet. In the comics, Stark has remotely piloted his armors many times and I really hope the movies start that trend. Still waiting for them to actually release that cool IM3 Mk. VII open armor version.

I thought people hated it when he remotely piloted the Mark XLII in Iron Man 3? Or was that just the grouches in the movie threads? Ha ha

You are probably right about that but if you watch that part in the trailer closely you should notice that the helmet opens on the sides as well as the top. It could be, like someone else had mentioned, that it's going to represent a scene in the movie where the suit is flown remotely but we will obviously have to wait and see. Regardless, I'm glad they finally decided to include this as it's been forever (Mk. II AU) since they've included an empty helmet. In the comics, Stark has remotely piloted his armors many times and I really hope the movies start that trend. Still waiting for them to actually release that cool IM3 Mk. VII open armor version.

In the description for this it does say "empty helmet emulating the suit in remote control mode" so it should happen.

I thought people hated it when he remotely piloted the Mark XLII in Iron Man 3? Or was that just the grouches in the movie threads? Ha ha

Yeah I think you're right but I liked it and a cool thing they'd do in the comics sometimes when his armor was being piloted remotely was show a hologram of his face inside when the visor would flip up.

As far as the haters of remote piloting, I really think most people were surprised when the truck hit the Mk. 42.

In the description for this it does say "empty helmet emulating the suit in remote control mode" so it should happen.

Nice catch! Damn, this is why HT gets into trouble with licensors by giving away something in a movie that hasn't been released to the general public. Haha, awesome!

EDIT: was just looking at pictures again and I think more people would like this armor if Marvel had just done Red and Silver. In my opinion, the gold that was changed to silver looks good on the forearms, knees, feet and back but I think it would look even better if they got rid of the gold completely.

Nice catch! Damn, this is why HT gets into trouble with licensors by giving away something in a movie that hasn't been released to the general public. Haha, awesome!

That or it will be in the movie barely or not at all, see all the hype about Rhodey being the "WAR HAMMER" or the entirety of Crossbones for that matter. They get concept art, in the end they can only infer how much or little something ends up being in a film.

That or it will be in the movie barely or not at all, see all the hype about Rhodey being the "WAR HAMMER" or the entirety of Crossbones for that matter. They get concept art, in the end they can only infer how much or little something ends up being in a film.

Yeah that's an excellent point but I'm pretty sure they have seen the film already, or at least some promotional cut that toy companies, celebrities, reviewers, etc. get. When HT first released the WM Mk. III prototype, not only was the film months away from release, they probably got a cut of the film that had unfinished or scenes that weren't completed. Rhodes' baton could have been lit up red and changed to yellow during that time. Actually in the Art of Civil War book, all the concepts pictures of WM have a red baton, not yellow.

I know i am probably late and off topic on this one but is Mark 42 making a return in Spiderman Homecoming? Saw the movie promo and it has what looks like Mark 42 in the background.

EDIT: was just looking at pictures again and I think more people would like this armor if Marvel had just done Red and Silver. In my opinion, the gold that was changed to silver looks good on the forearms, knees, feet and back but I think it would look even better if they got rid of the gold completely.

I agree with that. Itll look a whole lot better if the gold is silver instead. At this point, it just looks like a mess.

Yes a lot of us are trying to figure out what point in the timeline that takes place. It looks battle damaged so I think its a photo or maybe video feed from security cameras at the docks when he was fighting Killian. :dunno

I agree with that. Itll look a whole lot better if the gold is silver instead. At this point, it just looks like a mess.

I like it but you're right, it does kinda look like a mess especially when compared to the 46 side by side. It just is so strange that Marvel didn't get rid of all the gold since it's not just the middle of the armor that's been repainted to silver, there are silver bits on the 47 that were gold on the 46 in other places. They should have gone all Red and Silver like SC and I think plenty of people would have loved that look.

Maybe someone reading this who has photoshop skills can make the changes!

Back