1/6 Hot Toys - MMS Diecast - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I thought that I could hold out and wait until next year to buy this, building up my rewards points in the mean time to go towards this guy. But now I'm having second thoughts. FOMO is raging in me right now. The thought of missing on this guy twice (I wasn't into HT collecting when the first edition of this guy came out) and having to deal with the secondhand market makes me queasy :lol

Man, I thought that I could hold out and wait until next year to buy this, building up my rewards points in the mean time to go towards this guy. But now I'm having second thoughts. FOMO is raging in me right now. The thought of missing on this guy twice (I wasn't into HT collecting when the first edition of this guy came out) and having to deal with the secondhand market makes me queasy :lol

Most people only wanted it because it was rare now that it's not i wouldn't be surprised if it ended up with $20 off and free shipping eventually.

This was my exact situation at the time too lol. Luckily I'll have almost $100 in rewards points and possibly more by the time this actually gets in stock at sideshow if i wait that long. But I keep checking toysbuyingagent every day to see how low the price will get(right now its $460, was 485 a few days ago), decisions, decisions! I just cant trust that this wont sell out and cant make the same mistake twice!

It's not gonna sell out for at least a few months. I think this is just going to get a permanent spot next to the Mark 50 for at least a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder why they decided to go with a brighter shade of red on the new release. Wasn't the darker shade of the original more movie accurate?

It's not gonna sell out for at least a few months. I think this is just going to get a permanent spot next to the Mark 50 for at least a year.

Eh, not sure I agree with that assessment. The Mark L isn't actually that sought after...a lot of people passed on it due to various issues ranging from the thigh gap to the mid torso seam to the high price tag.

I think the 47 will sell out before the 50.

Eh, not sure I agree with that assessment. The Mark L isn't actually that sought after...a lot of people passed on it due to various issues ranging from the thigh gap to the mid torso seam to the high price tag.

I think the 47 will sell out before the 50.

I know, I was saying it isn't sought after.

Sure it might sell out before, but it's not gonna be a while. Half the reason people wanted this was for the elusiveness of it, its $800+ price on the aftermarket. Because the demand for it was driven up by sudden lack of retail supply, not "Oh god I need this figure to represent Tony from Homecoming." Now those people can get it, but it won't be elusive at the same time, so demand isn't going to be as high. Depending on the stock they have it could even turn into the 50 where everyone and their mom has one and Sideshow still has an unending amount left. I'm glad they reissued this but I don't expect it to go anywhere.

I honestly just have no confidence in things selling out on Sideshow anymore, it takes so long nowadays. When was the last time an Iron Man figure even sold out? I think Concept Art was the most recent? And that had to be up for over a year. And then that one neon Mark 6 shot up on the aftermarket for like a month and then got a proper restock and is now collecting dust on their site.

Has anyone gotten a soon to be shipping notice from Sideshow collectibles on this guy ?Just curious [emoji848]

I got a early arrival email last month, but it just said Sept-October. Also on their unboxing video on FB today they still said anytime between now and the end of October.

giphy.gif

Anybody order this or anything else from PopCultureZone recently?
I did and haven't heard anything from them, they sent a paypal invoice for Superman two weeks before they were expecting to get it in, a little worried they haven't reached out yet, wonder who delayed it will be. They seem to get Widow/HawkEye/Homemade suit it pretty fast. Any insight would be appreciated. Regretting going for the discount for this guy, he is a personal grail!

I did and haven't heard anything from them, they sent a paypal invoice for Superman two weeks before they were expecting to get it in, a little worried they haven't reached out yet, wonder who delayed it will be. They seem to get Widow/HawkEye/Homemade suit it pretty fast. Any insight would be appreciated. Regretting going for the discount for this guy, he is a personal grail!

I have this on order with PCZ as well. I wouldn't worry - they may not get it as early as Sideshow, but they are very reliable. I've received almost 30 HT figures from them in the past few years and I've never had an issue.

I received Antman from the last week. It took a couple of weeks after I paid the invoice.

Could be that their supply shipment is running a little late. I have been getting figures from PCZ since 2015 and have never had a problem.

PCZ is my go to place now. Cheaper prices, free shipping, protective packaging, and rewards. Screw Sideshow.

Yep, sorry you're right about the shipping and tax. $8 shipping for me + no tax is considerably less than what Sideshow would charge.

Back