1/6 Hot Toys - MMS Diecast - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I quite like the design of the suit in the movie...it's the figure design that left me extremely underwhelmed. If this fig ever dipped to low $200 for brand-new I might consider it...but in the meantime it's a hard pass.

I think it was my bias to how it looked and performed in the movie that got me to buy it. But now that my collection is drifting away from Marvel (still keeping a lot of them) this one may have to go. When I look at it next to my 6&7 it just doesn?t have that same wow factor those have

I think it was my bias to how it looked and performed in the movie that got me to buy it. But now that my collection is drifting away from Marvel (still keeping a lot of them) this one may have to go. When I look at it next to my 6&7 it just doesn?t have that same wow factor those have

The wow factor is, look at that enormous thigh gap and blatant ab cut...WOW, this figure is bad! :lol

I’ve stayed away from IM figures for the most part and this time last year, the Mk 50 was the only one I owned and I absolutely loved it. I thought it looked beautiful.

With that said, once I got the 7 and 47 and seeing how the 85 looks, it’s my least favorite and I’m glad I was able to sell it relatively easy.

To me it's a totally underwhelming looking suit IMO if you look at the rest of the lineup, but everyone had Infinity War fever and tons of people ordered it no matter what and was many people's first HT figure from what I've seen post. That in addition to people almost moving on from Marvel in general. I know some people in FB groups that sold 75%+ of their Marvel collections.

It?s only being rereleased because of the short run it had compared to others. It being a short run collectors initially clamored for it for its rarity. Then prices went up because of the demand for a rare item and then HT sees this and decides to rerelease it

It?s funny cause now everyone that just bought it for its rarity will let it go at some point because it no longer has rarity power and HT will sell far fewer than it planned than its estimated target.

Unless of course they can shut down production on these things and reopen them at will with little to same costs?..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still love my 50. I don't notice the gaps more than any of my others, HS is great, looks like it jumped right of the screen (to me anyway). It's great on the shelf but it might look great because of how i have it posed. Only thing i don't like is it's oversize.

I still love my 50. I don't notice the gaps more than any of my others, HS is great, looks like it jumped right of the screen (to me anyway). It's great on the shelf but it might look great because of how i have it posed. Only thing i don't like is it's oversize.

The excellent headsculpt has nothing to do with the Mark 50, and everything to do with the far superior release of the Mark 46. The Mark 50 merely reused the great sculpt that came with the equally great Mark 46 armor.

Everything about the Mark 50 by itself is stinky...including the highly overpriced, low-quality accessory kit! :slap

I like the 50 in the flick...really don't like it in 1/6 (for reasons already stated many times). For me it doesn't matter how significant / important the armour / outfit is on-screen, if I don't find the translation to 1/6 aesthetically pleasing, I'll give it a swerve.

But yeah, to each their own.

Still love it lol

Don't care what anyone else thinks. They can hate all they want and that's fine we all like different things.
Guess I'll join the minority, I like the 50. Not in the movie, but definitely the figure. People will find something to ***** about with every release. And I was NOT an early adopter, I purchased well after everyone got their jimmies rustled.
f47e6336ce7e60c264e8abc8699e465a.jpg

minority as well. still very much like the 50 and i'm sticking to my collection theme/goal. it may not be up there with my top IM HT suits but it's still impressive and i can overlook said problems. i was debating on getting the 47 re-release since i already have the concept art 46 (and i'm loving it). the homecoming 47 would be out of place in any of my shelf as well...

Mark 50 is my favourite suit of them all from the movies, figure wise, it isn?t near my top 7 unfortunately... Did they get backlash from the thigh gaps? Any chance they will reissue this this soon [emoji28]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

The Hot Toys Mark 47 Unmasked Tony Stark RDJ Headsculpt is my favorite Tony Stark head I think Hot Toys has made to date. I just loved every about it, so I couldn't resist making a Tony Stark Custom with the beautiful sculpt I got with my Mark 47 Figure.

Back