1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This picture clearly shows how tiny the WS Golden Age Cap head is in comparison to the others.

Cap Head Comparison.jpg

The most recent Rogers sculpt works well on my WS Golden Age. Even after I pulled the extra padding out of the shoulders it still has a full shape, so this head is perfect.

I dont agree but thats what makes this country so great (if you are in the US).

It's just the hair that makes it look big. If you sanded the hair off the sculpt, it would be the same size as the GA head.
The hair looks large and makes the entire head look large and it's not actually. The eye/nose/lips/chin ratio is the same across all the heads. The GA sculpt has no room for ears, so your eyes trick your brain into thinking the entire thing is smaller.
It's not. It just has no room for ears.

But the hair wont be sanded off by most people so its still looks elongated on many older figs. The head just looks very off to me, especially on older figs but if people are enjoying the HS more power to them.

:goodpost:

Well said Username, totally agree.

It's just the hair that makes it look big. If you sanded the hair off the sculpt, it would be the same size as the GA head.
The hair looks large and makes the entire head look large and it's not actually. The eye/nose/lips/chin ratio is the same across all the heads. The GA sculpt has no room for ears, so your eyes trick your brain into thinking the entire thing is smaller.
It's not. It just has no room for ears.

But the hair wont be sanded off by most people so its still looks elongated on many older figs. The head just looks very off to me, especially on older figs but if people are enjoying the HS more power to them.

Yeah. I didn't mean that people *should* remove the hair, lol.
Just that if you imagine the hair to be... "Hair", then you will realise that the head is no bigger relatively speaking than any other Cap sculpt.
:goodpost:

Well said Username, totally agree.

Thanks.

Yeah. I didn't mean that people *should* remove the hair, lol.
Just that if you imagine the hair to be... "Hair", then you will realise that the head is no bigger relatively speaking than any other Cap sculpt.

Thanks.

Yeah I know what you mean but the hair IS there and gives off that illusion so I gotta take the HS as a whole and it looks very enlongated on older figs. Im glad people are enjoying the HS it just doesnt look that good to me on anything other than the Steve Rogers fig.

This steven rogers head is actually big, not just because the hair. I agree the dimension of each head is very close. But this one got a square shape face, it is WIDE all the way done to chin. While all the other heads have a smaller jaw & chin, they are slimmer.

just to add my point of view to the debate about the rogers head, mine finally came in the mail the other day & I love it!

I really believe it just looks big in certain photos. in person I believe its fine. just my 2 cents though, we all have our own opinions :)

144E0A5D-72F7-4565-99A8-DBBCDCB84F2A_zpsnfpho4dr.jpg

i rearange my entire hot toys collection in different poses each week... :)

827E5EFD-E3B5-47D0-A066-A11D02914874_zpsjm0gmcyn.jpg

see what i did there?(hes the only one i have for now, but i should have 2 more next week to actually have some avengers) :p

Back