1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those that have seen the movie, is this his absolute final suit? I figured since this was a low edition/movie promo edition, I could see them releasing another one for mass release that includes a maskless sculpt and/or another shield, at the very least.

Not really a spoil, but I'll tag it anyway, this is regarding screen time for the suits:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I like having "exclusive stuff". Nice to feel that I got something pretty exclusive with this. I was dead set against it, since I have the FA figure and this really isn't much different (I do think it's better, but not $225 better). But I PO'd it yesterday as soon as it went up and figured if it wasn't sold out in a few days I'd cancel.

Not canceling. ;)

And since I'm dressing up as Captain America these days, why the hell not?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Love the suit! :)

I'm super excited for this fig. My first Cap! Had no hesitation on ordering him. Him and the new black widow will be pretty awesome together.

The BD Iron Man MK VII sold out in 3 or 4 hours.
Gotcha.

I like having "exclusive stuff". Nice to feel that I got something pretty exclusive with this. I was dead set against it, since I have the FA figure and this really isn't much different (I do think it's better, but not $225 better). But I PO'd it yesterday as soon as it went up and figured if it wasn't sold out in a few days I'd cancel.

Not canceling. ;)

And since I'm dressing up as Captain America these days, why the hell not?

View attachment 101094

Yeah it is kinda a nice feeling these days, especially when you see so many people with the same stuff in their collections. Having more rare or even seeing something different in others collections has it stand out more. Not just more of the same.

Hey welcome to the forum! Personally, this is probably my favorite Captain America figure from HT thus far. I was only hesitant because it's so close to the FA figure. I think it looks awesome.

And personally, the face looks as much like me as it does like Chris Evans. So I might just say that it's an exclusive HT figure of myself. ;)

Hey welcome to the forum! Personally, this is probably my favorite Captain America figure from HT thus far. I was only hesitant because it's so close to the FA figure. I think it looks awesome.

And personally, the face looks as much like me as it does like Chris Evans. So I might just say that it's an exclusive HT figure of myself. ;)

I caved. Wasn't planning on it, but the suit just looks too damn cool :)

Thanks! And now that I look at it, it IS very similar to you. Hahaha

Wow, I thought that this would last a couple of weeks. I guess I should've realized that this would be more popular that Midas since it is a main character and apparently this suit gets a lot of screen time. Glad I PO'd yesterday :banana

I'd say whoever wants to get one still should have a good shot if you jump on the waitlist today. In another day or two, probably not....

man I hope I don't have to wait all the way til September to get my free one from HT :(

What's the point of winning a contest if you have to wait like everyone else? :lol

You won one of these?!?! That's awesome! I never win s__t in those offers :lol

With the mood I'm in concerning this, burning them is an entertaining thought .....

Where do you live brother? IDK why but I assumed you were from The States

It's hard to say that this is more popular than Midas, since we don't know how many of either figure was sold. I'm guessing there were a lot more Midas figures than this Cap figure.

Well shoot, Sideshow was supposed to set up an order for me to use some credit I had, so emailed them middle yesterday and I held off ordering this myself hoping they'd get to it a little faster and now its already waitlisted :impatient:

Well shoot, Sideshow was supposed to set up an order for me to use some credit I had, so emailed them middle yesterday and I held off ordering this myself hoping they'd get to it a little faster and now its already waitlisted :impatient:

Maybe if you call and explain what happened they'll be able to help you out. Worth a shot at least.

It's hard to say that this is more popular than Midas, since we don't know how many of either figure was sold. I'm guessing there were a lot more Midas figures than this Cap figure.

This is true; we don't know edition size on either. I'm just assuming that there are more of this Cap made for several reasons. One, because the mold for Midas was already made for the MK VII & BD so HT gets their money back and profits on the investment of that design with the combined sales of MK VII, MK VII BD & Midas. Aside from the boots, hands and gauntlets, everything seems to be newly developed for Cap (similar, but still different). I'd also imagine that HT would assume that the more iconic suit of a main character in an upcoming popular movie would sell more than a repaint of an armor that had 3 seconds of screen time.... but then again... there's no way to rationalize the Iron Man craze :lol

Very nice to see us Canadians getting shafted again, wtf is up with that?

SS believes some customers are more important than others...it happens...other companies do it too...

Damn it, went to order but I can't get it in my country. This blows

SS believes some customers are more important than others....

I think people in the States realized they can do an easy flip to international customers. Could explain the sudden pick up.

...sure who doesn't want to turn $200 into $500...

Maybe if you call and explain what happened they'll be able to help you out. Worth a shot at least.

Yeah in so many words they told me I am screwed. Unless the waitlist converts in the near future I'll probably lose what little credit I was offered for my broken War Machine too. Yay.

I missed the opportunity to get this one. I was kind of debating. I really want the SHIELD suit. Oh well, more money I can spend on other stuff i guess.

I waited too long to pull the trigger on this. There was 60 available last night and I waited until morning and found it sold out. I threw myself on the WL although I want the Stealth suit more than this, the differences between this and the TFA version are enough to have me think that it's two different suits in the film or at least different enough to have on the same shelf

Good job man! My wife ordered this for me as a surprise but when the quantity started dropping to less than 100 I got panicky and she had to confess before I pulled the trigger on it myself. :slap :yess: :rotfl

you have a good wife then :wink1:

For those that have seen the movie, is this his absolute final suit? I figured since this was a low edition/movie promo edition, I could see them releasing another one for mass release that includes a maskless sculpt and/or another shield, at the very least.

No plot spoilers, but
Spoiler Spoiler:

Wow, surprised this went to wait list so fast. Is that a record? :lol

Maybe for a Cap figure it is.

I got the afternoon off work today and went to see the movie, then(On the way home), got asked by my Brother if i wanted to go and see it with him, so i saw it today twice, pretty much back to back.
It was a great movie and for those of you that haven't seen it, you are very much in for a treat.
I am very glad i managed to get this figure ordered.

Back