1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is the material of the shoulders made from a shinier material than the rest of the upper body part of the costume? It even has a little pattern to it? Is it like that in the movie?

Just checked, not it's not. It's supposed to be the same material and have sharper lines sewn into it. I wasn't going to get this anyway but I hope they don't do the same thing to the stealth costume. I would rather sacrifice a little bit of posing to make sure it looks as screen accurate as possible.

Yeah, I never had any issues with the TWS suit being slightly different, I just assumed Cap had more than one suit durring WW2. I actually prefer this new one over the FA version with it's crazy cargo straps all over the shoulders.

Or...its not the nod to the Avengers suit, but the other way around...
Agent Coulson was a huge fan of Cap and was responsible to the design of the Avengers suit, the small nods you mentioned could be the nods to his
Golden Age suit...not the other way around. :)

We only think it has nods to the Avenger's suit, cause its the 2nd time we see Cap in a movie.
So we think those small nods are are to the Avenger's suit, but in essence, its the opposite, its the Avenger's suit
that has small nods to the Golden Age suit.

Interesting but still doesn't explain how the GA suit has more modern ballistic protection components than the TFA suit. Plus Coulson's input on the Avengers suit seemed to me more about integrating the red white and blue rather than the functional elements (what little it had).

Regardless we're debating something meaningless here, and unless an official word comes stating otherwise, I'll stick with the simplest and most practical theory - the GA suit is a reproduction suit for the museum built in today's era, and the only reason they didn't copy or re-use the TFA suit was b/c Marvel wants to sell more toys.

Again once the Art of book is released, we'll get the official word. Until then everything going back and forth is fan fiction, so let's just put this to rest for now.

not sure where to post this so...
anyone watch the assembling a marvel universe? it shows antman and also hulkbuster in age of ultron!! awesome!!

antman.jpghb1.jpghb2.jpghb3.jpg

Last edited:
everytime I see something new for the films, i immediately go "OH, new HOT TOYS!"

not sure where to post this so...
anyone watch the assembling a marvel universe? it shows antman and also hulkbuster in age of ultron!! awesome!!

View attachment 99513View attachment 99514View attachment 99515View attachment 99516

That's from the test footage from two years ago. I really don't think the final suit will look like that, but, it does look somewhat like Scott Lang's suit in a way. I just hope it's not a full on helmet that hides the face in the final version.

That's from the test footage from two years ago. I really don't think the final suit will look like that, but, it does look somewhat like Scott Lang's suit in a way. I just hope it's not a full on helmet that hides the face in the final version.

Trust me, I'm sure Marvel will find plenty of reasons to show you Paul Rudd's face in the movie.

Why is the material of the shoulders made from a shinier material than the rest of the upper body part of the costume? It even has a little pattern to it? Is it like that in the movie?

Just checked, not it's not. It's supposed to be the same material and have sharper lines sewn into it. I wasn't going to get this anyway but I hope they don't do the same thing to the stealth costume. I would rather sacrifice a little bit of posing to make sure it looks as screen accurate as possible.

The material looks to be the same that was used for the Hot Toys Solid Snake and big boss . Not sure about the type of material used I think it is vinyl and how durable it is wheather or not it can hold a pose or will it want to bend back

Back