1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20140704_021337.jpg

Really having second thoughts about this figure and thinking of canceling. Theres just better stuff to get this year. I think ill wait for the avengers version.

I keep hoping to see a waitlist conversion notification from Sideshow. Hopefully when it's closer to shipping out people either cancel or whatever so I can get a hold of this. Otherwise I'll probably end up with either just the Stealth suit or possibly the two pack.

I let this thread get away from me; lots of catching up to do. Have to look around for good pics. Some I've seen the sculpt looks decent and others he look downright fkin distraught.

What's been the general consensus? A body swap and everyone's happy? Or did a slew of issues change peoples' minds for the worse?

I'm still on the fence about the body swap cause it still looks like its limited to the action pose.
It just seems the benefit is too subtle. I actually can't tell the difference unless it was specified.
It's not a in your face difference.
The stock body actually looks good with the action pose as well...it's the heroic pose that's the issue.

Hopefully the bulky shoulder mystery issue can be solved.

^^^ Good pics! What do you think of the figure?

There is some puffiness to the upper body suit but it doesn't bother me too much and some posing helps. Detailing on the suit is really nice though. The portrait could be better but it's helmeted anyway. Overall I think it's a solid figure, just that hottoys has upped the game so much over the past couple years and fans' expectations has gone up along with it (rightly so perhaps, they are charging a lot!). Note I don't own any other Caps for in-hand comparison.

There is some puffiness to the upper body suit but it doesn't bother me too much and some posing helps. Detailing on the suit is really nice though. The portrait could be better but it's helmeted anyway. Overall I think it's a solid figure, just that hottoys has upped the game so much over the past couple years and fans' expectations has gone up along with it (rightly so perhaps, they are charging a lot!). Note I don't own any other Caps for in-hand comparison.

I agree completely. I don't have this guy yet but from what I've seen that is the conclusion I have reached as well

Back