1/6 Hot Toys MMS Captain America: Civil War Falcon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're creative enough with your poses you can get away with fitting it in the detolf without modding anything

IMG_9671.jpg

Nice display, Naz.

---------------------

For anyone who owns this one, I was told that the goggles can paint rub on his face if left on too long? Has anyone done anything to rectify that? If so, what?

Nice display, Naz.

---------------------

For anyone who owns this one, I was told that the goggles can paint rub on his face if left on too long? Has anyone done anything to rectify that? If so, what?

If they're not being moved constantly I don't see how the goggles would rub the paint. I've had both Falcon versions with the goggles in place since day one with no issues (I just checked). But they are a tight fit, so who knows what might happen as the materials age. Environmental conditions could also be a factor. I think as long as you display them in a cool, dry location out of direct sunlight you should be OK.

If they're not being moved constantly I don't see how the goggles would rub the paint. I've had both Falcon versions with the goggles in place since day one with no issues (I just checked). But they are a tight fit, so who knows what might happen as the materials age. Environmental conditions could also be a factor. I think as long as you display them in a cool, dry location out of direct sunlight you should be OK.

Yea I was specifically told rub but read it as "staining" since the term is casually used for that too I've seen. I know with Thor's eye patch I was given thr advice of clear coating the backsides of them which seems to have worked so I was wondering if anyone had similar experiences with thr goggles on this one too.

Yea I was specifically told rub but read it as "staining" since the term is casually used for that too I've seen. I know with Thor's eye patch I was given thr advice of clear coating the backsides of them which seems to have worked so I was wondering if anyone had similar experiences with thr goggles on this one too.

Given the tight fit, I would think adding any extra material (such as a clear coat) could be asking for trouble. I’d be more inclined to try to loosen up/stretch the goggles’ strap a bit to reduce the pressure on the sculpt. That would also reduce friction when taking it off & putting it on. Of course my first rule is “If it’s not broken, don’t fix it”. lol

Given the tight fit, I would think adding any extra material (such as a clear coat) could be asking for trouble. I’d be more inclined to try to loosen up/stretch the goggles’ strap a bit to reduce the pressure on the sculpt. That would also reduce friction when taking it off & putting it on. Of course my first rule is “If it’s not broken, don’t fix it”. lol

Yea if it's not a thing I'm not worried about it but I don't want to take iff the goggles and have him looking like the ****ing hamburglar. Clear coat isn't thick enough to make a difference and if the paint or coloring gets on the plastic it's going to be a finish issue with the coloring vs. tightness because it's general contact.I guess I'll see when I get it but honestly I'm inclined to splurge on another Mackey head to have goggled all thev time.

Shame they didn't go for a low effort rerelease for IW or EG and add some shield wings (or in the case of EG some stabby wings)

Man oh man...

Hot Toys MMS350 Captain America and MMS361 Falcon from their Appearance in Captain America: Civl War.

2-355.png

Shame they didn't go for a low effort rerelease for IW or EG and add some shield wings (or in the case of EG some stabby wings)

There was an Infinity War Falcon shown at online comic-con last year, I believe. I hope that Hot Toys sees the secondary market prices and releases it.

Back