1/6 Hot Toys MMS Captain America: Civil War Falcon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The paint and wings mod looks great, Omega! You sell yourself short, I think the paint apps and the color you chose look terrific! As someone else mentioned, maybe apply a scratch or two either with some grey paint topically or just scuff it up a bit with sandpaper or wire wool. Such a cool mod, congrats!

Yeah, great job - after seeing the mod, I wouldn't mind having red on the boots either - tho fo my display so far there's usually other figs in the way.

I always wished I could get this effect:

falcon_mcu.jpg

But it's way past time to get extra wings to jury-rig like this $$$$

Unless in time prices drop on the 'bay:dunno. The only way I could think to do this is have a spare set of wings and backpack to mod with a pin hinge or something.:frank

Or duct tape and hope no-one looks in back:cool:

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the input!!

Darth Dennis, I got lucky with the paint color :) I did try to add a little bit of weathering with some grey paint but I was pretty conservative so it may not even be noticeable. Maybe I will add a little more and try maybe add some light scuffing with sandpaper or wire (great idea).

Sassafras, I agree 100% that the way the wings are positioned in that photo is a powerful AND graceful look, to be able to recreate that would be epic!!!
I think it probably could be more easily achieved with the new Captain America (Sam Wilson) wings. But it it would still require some sort of hinge or other apparatus on the backpack ...damn that would look good!!

Back