1/6 Hot Toys MMS Captain America: Civil War Falcon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a badass figure. It is very unfortunate that the wings are so big that I can't fit it into my display.
005.jpg002.jpg004.jpg

I was able to do a non-invasive mod to the wings and reduce the wing span to fit in my display. It looks OK in my opinion - better than not having the wings :)
Hope this helps someone.
I overlapped the wings and make one wing slide/fit into the handles (where he's supposed to hold the wings) of the other wing (no need for force - it will just hold). And tie a strand of jewelry wire to hold this together (in the center). Then I attached the part which fits into his back to the handles of both the wings again using Jewelry wire. This is a bit tricky, but since jewelry wire is not soft, it slid properly in place and held the shape too. Before this, you need to remove the 2 cover like parts that fit into the backpack to expose the gap where the wire can be tied.
IMG_0449.jpgIMG_0450.jpgIMG_0451.jpgIMG_0452.jpgIMG_0453.jpgIMG_0454.jpgIMG_0456.jpg

Thinking about pulling the trigger on this guy,
Does anyone else think it's the same suit in IW ? it looks very much the same ?

28661463_2177517592264801_5334732581182479503_n.jpge47e2332b6b3cbd9-600x400.jpgfalcon-setvisit-1.jpginfinity-war-leak.jpgmaxresdefault.jpgscreenshot8-1512099020111-1512361820864.jpgtumblr_p6trv26VIr1v2lbnko9_1280.jpgtumblr_p6u4n3wqjI1tqrkb3o1_1280.jpg

It doesn't look like they changed anything/much from the pics that we have so far.

I sold my CW Falcon a few months ago coz I wanna see if they'll improve the wing articulation should he get another figure for IW.

He's wearing a longer undershirt (at least in those promo pics) , and his facial hair is different. Everything else looks pretty similar.

Team Cap is basically all fugitives now since Civil War, so they wouldn't have had the same resources for upgrades/new gear as Team Iron Man. I like that little detail :D

They're all ending up in Wakanda, so maybe T'challa will be their new sugar daddy now, ie all new gear for Avengers 4 (except Scott, who obviously has his own private benefactor for upgrades).

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

He's wearing a longer undershirt (at least in those promo pics) , and his facial hair is different. Everything else looks pretty similar.

Team Cap is basically all fugitives now since Civil War, so they wouldn't have had the same resources for upgrades/new gear as Team Iron Man. I like that little detail :D

They're all ending up in Wakanda, so maybe T'challa will be their new sugar daddy now, ie all new gear for Avengers 4 (except Scott, who obviously has his own private benefactor for upgrades).

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Most importantly the outfit would hide the elbow joints. I’m game.

It doesn't look like they changed anything/much from the pics that we have so far.

I sold my CW Falcon a few months ago coz I wanna see if they'll improve the wing articulation should he get another figure for IW.

Cheers guys, hadn't noticed the undersuit, yeah his beard is different now, will probably wait a few weeks to see if anything pops up, appreciate the replies guys :wink1:

I have to say, this is one of the better figures i own and I'm not even a huge fan of the character. You wont regret picking it up.

Most importantly the outfit would hide the elbow joints. I’m game.

I'll be game if there's enough differences he's part of my Holy Trio of Bucky/Cap/Falcon + BW and SW

But re $$$$ a longer shirt - where you could cut the sleeves off a shirt and tack them onto the CW fig - I dunno hafta wait and see. Not seeing a lot of differences. I may sit out and wait for IW2.

Not that Falcon couldn't die or something, which for me would suck:(. But was always hoping for some sort of black wing version.:dunno

Is this version a lot "better" than the WS version? I want to get one Falcon and seeing the CW version going for a lot more than WS.

Is this version a lot "better" than the WS version? I want to get one Falcon and seeing the CW version going for a lot more than WS.

I don’t have either so this is more of an outside opinion, but I’m guessing it’s less a matter of quality and more just that the CW version is more of an “iconic” version while the WS is more of a military look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s pretty much the same figure with slight updates. The wings have a little more articulation on the CW version. And then just the paint/costume difference and added red wing to the CW. It’s really more about which look you like more.

It’s pretty much the same figure with slight updates. The wings have a little more articulation on the CW version. And then just the paint/costume difference and added red wing to the CW. It’s really more about which look you like more.

I’d agree that it’s more a matter of taste as well but each does offer something that the other doesn’t. While I do prefer the CW look I was disappointed with the engineering of the jet pack. It’s flimsy with the magnets (it seems HT doesn’t really grasp when to use magnets and when not to) and with Redwing displayed out of the jet pack, it’s empty and looks like there’s no way it could sustain flight and lastly, the CW version doesn’t have lights. Yeah it’s on the back of the figures, but it’s a main part of the character In my opinion.

That being said, the wings are BY FAR a big improvement in terms of articulation over the WS version. Go watch some reviews, figure out what matters most and make your decision that way. Both figures are great and either way you go, I’m sure you’d be happy.

On a side note, if HT had included the wing that bent into a shield formation with the CW version, then I’d say that the overall package of that figure was superior to the WS version but since that’s not the case, go for which one you like best.

Anybody selling theirs by any chance? Thought I got one secured, but my order got mixed up and I received TWS version by accident :(

I’d agree that it’s more a matter of taste as well but each does offer something that the other doesn’t. While I do prefer the CW look I was disappointed with the engineering of the jet pack. It’s flimsy with the magnets (it seems HT doesn’t really grasp when to use magnets and when not to) and with Redwing displayed out of the jet pack, it’s empty and looks like there’s no way it could sustain flight and lastly, the CW version doesn’t have lights. Yeah it’s on the back of the figures, but it’s a main part of the character In my opinion.

That being said, the wings are BY FAR a big improvement in terms of articulation over the WS version. Go watch some reviews, figure out what matters most and make your decision that way. Both figures are great and either way you go, I’m sure you’d be happy.

On a side note, if HT had included the wing that bent into a shield formation with the CW version, then I’d say that the overall package of that figure was superior to the WS version but since that’s not the case, go for which one you like best.

I agree with this! I like Falcon, and have both figures. Love them each on their own for what they are. For me there is enough difference to have them, but I also like to get the different versions of my favorite characters. I have most of the Caps but not all. I know that there are Youtube reviews that show both versions together. I know Optibotimus did one of each, and in the CW version compares them together a bit, might help to check that out, or any other reviews of the figs just to get a better Idea.

I bought this figure a couple of weeks ago on eBay when they were running their 20% off coupon deal. It arrived yesterday, and I'm quite pleased with it. He looks great next to my other Avengers!

Back