1/6 Hot Toys MMS Captain America: Civil War Falcon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, USPS really needs to get it's delivery estimates down. Was supposed to get this guy today, but nothing. :impatient:

I just got Sam! :D but god damn is there absolutely no space for him to have his wings out. His wing span is huge! XD Even if I put him in the back floating with Vision. Ah well, it's still an awesome figure otherwise and i'll post pics of him with the group later. :)

Re: Hot Toys Captain America: Civil War Falcon Collectible Figure

FINALLY. Waited so long for Falcon (and Bucky) - it felt like:( - I mean, the explosive CW hype was over and the excitement of the home release was over and it dragged on and on....

My first Falcon - hmm, well, I AM a pretty new HT collector, so I don't know if re more elaborate fig costumes some stuff is just to be expected. Or maybe I've just been spoiled rotten:cool: w. the recent choices I've made - a spectacular Rey/BB-8, Bucky, Cap, Golden Age Cap...

Anyway, I am real happy to have this guy - unbelievable, incredible details. I know the sculpt is a re-use but I love that - beautiful, at least the one I got - great skin texture on the arms, neck - gorgeous:love.

But overall, stuff folks have mentioned - well, for one thing, I wish HT hadn't opted for a plastic/vinyl chest area. It makes it impossible to deal w. clothing adjustments (the layers underneath need some work), and the little side pieces at his neck - one popped off immediately and is a real pain to re-glue as it is so tiny:mad: - still don't have it right. Don't like that the stand is sturdy metal screwed into not-the-strongest plastic base - I see replacing that w. wood at some point.

And everything seems to be stiff/stuck on mine and had to be dealt with. Stuck jet pack plates that had to be pushed out w. a plastic knife, very stiff arms hard to position. Took a while to futz w. this guy. This Falcon IS beautiful. LOVE what they did w. Redwing, love the paint job, love the details.
Just think the engineering? Materials could have been better, tho there is some clever stuff here. But IMO some clunky stuff too. Like the little rocket packs are cool, but they don't face forward, so why have them? He just wasn't as much fun as playing w. Cap and Bucky. Of course, it's a way more elaborate get-up - but - stiff.

On the other hand, Falcon looks amazing:cool: and I am just so happy to have this guy in hand. And maybe my issues are just one of those things. I'd say go get him if you want him! Some quick cell picks w. the Buckys:lol...

Falcon1.jpg

Falcon2.jpg

Falcon3.jpg

Congratulations Sassafras! What sniper rifle is that you have with Bucky? I'd like to pick one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations Sassafras! What sniper rifle is that you have with Bucky? I'd like to pick one up.

Thanks Cicada! Yeah, is definitely a relief to have Falcon in-hand, and no huge issues! The rifle is Z-toys Barrett sniper rifle - just search the 'bay under 1/6 scale Barrett sniper rifle. Make sure you get the "long barrel" version with the arrow tip barrel - seems to be several Barretts.

Gotta warn ya tho even tho the proportions are correct and it looks good, it ain't great quality. Cheap brittle plastic that breaks easily - I do mean cheap. Have some super glue on hand. But the metal Cossfire 1/6 Barrett is oversized and too heavy. Am waiting on another brand and will post in the WS thread if it works out.

Thing is, far as I can tell, there isn't that much to choose from for that particular rifle in 1/6.

My Falcon just arrived WOW he is a space hungry figure but I love him. Ill share some pics later on.

Got mine in tonight, I ordered from timewalker toys for the first time and they are pretty darn good, excellent prices and they double boxed him so I got no complaints. I knew going in I was going to hate the elbow joints, I do my best to hide all joints on my collectibles and so I knew I had to work on that, but even after watching a few reviews I didnt grasp how limited the wing articulation was, I mean its not horrible but if I can improve them I will. Its late for me and I dont have all I need yet but I took him apart already so that I can change him to a long sleeve and maybe a pair of double jointed arms. Il take some tips from Username and mod the wings: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/marvel-action-figures/142466-1-6-hot-toys-mms245-captain-america-tws-falcon-collectible-figure-243.html

IMG_1176.JPG
IMG_1178.JPG

had to take out the screws on the jetpack mount and undo the glued seem on the armor vest area but nothing to hard core, removing CW Cap's suit is more frustrating, will update later on

Bought Falcon from CrowningHorse (here on SSF) for a fantastic deal by combining with Black Panther! Here he is fighting Iron Man:
fa2a98397cd32f5355c48b7c7302d6d4.jpg
84310d02c838daa241efe555213fcfcd.jpg

Got mine in tonight, I ordered from timewalker toys for the first time and they are pretty darn good, excellent prices and they double boxed him so I got no complaints. I knew going in I was going to hate the elbow joints, I do my best to hide all joints on my collectibles and so I knew I had to work on that, but even after watching a few reviews I didnt grasp how limited the wing articulation was, I mean its not horrible but if I can improve them I will. Its late for me and I dont have all I need yet but I took him apart already so that I can change him to a long sleeve and maybe a pair of double jointed arms. Il take some tips from Username and mod the wings: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/marvel-action-figures/142466-1-6-hot-toys-mms245-captain-america-tws-falcon-collectible-figure-243.html

View attachment 327648
View attachment 327654

had to take out the screws on the jetpack mount and undo the glued seem on the armor vest area but nothing to hard core, removing CW Cap's suit is more frustrating, will update later on

TimeWalker is where I get all my stuff. Best company out there.

I don't have a deftol , I have a different unit from Ikea and he just fitted into my shelf. Good luck as Falcon is very space hungry. You need about the same height if not more than the Thanos chair

I don't have a deftol , I have a different unit from Ikea and he just fitted into my shelf. Good luck as Falcon is very space hungry. You need about the same height if not more than the Thanos chair

Yeah, I'd be in trouble w.out IKEA's adjustable shelves. But Falcon looks spectacular w. the full wing spread. I've seen pics of folks using some kind of screw clamps on Detofs to change the shelf height.

Back