1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - War Machine Mark 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Infinity War - War Machine (?)

I doubt it. Though every new figure is potentially the last version.

Nah, the chest is a totally different design. Even leaving the new lights aside, it's more angular than the Mark III.

The helmet's the only thing that's the same. The back-mounted weapons alone give the Mark IV a completely different silhouette.

View attachment 405147

probably just a different chestplate and a different canon attached in the back...not putting my hopes up but I also am accepting the possibility it could be a repaint.

probably just a different chestplate and a different canon attached in the back...not putting my hopes up but I also am accepting the possibility it could be a repaint.

The War Machine Mk 3 and 4 are different. As different as each iteration has been from the Mk 1 to IP/Mk 2 to the Mk 3. Each one of those generations were brand new figures. They even went back and re-did the Mk 1 diecast.

I'm no optimist, but there's nothing in Hot Toys's history to indicate that a War Machine figure would just be a different chest plate and a repaint which would be wholly inaccurate. They would just not do the figure rather than do it that poorly.

If anything, history shows us that their War Machine figures tend to be some of their strongest releases. The Mk 1 Diecast and Mk 3 are easily two of the best figures I own. The Iron Patriot was great too. And for its time, the first Mk 1 was phenomenal (and still is, relatively).

So don't worry. :)

Not sure why one person here is unecessarily pessimistic and delusional. Its pretty obvious its a new armor.

Can’t wait for this armor
4a14c468fdf0b472d607efbadc342a85.jpg

376cc84e0a3b0c747079394d92de7f15.jpg

The War Machine Mk 3 and 4 are different. As different as each iteration has been from the Mk 1 to IP/Mk 2 to the Mk 3. Each one of those generations were brand new figures. They even went back and re-did the Mk 1 diecast.

I'm no optimist, but there's nothing in Hot Toys's history to indicate that a War Machine figure would just be a different chest plate and a repaint which would be wholly inaccurate. They would just not do the figure rather than do it that poorly.

If anything, history shows us that their War Machine figures tend to be some of their strongest releases. The Mk 1 Diecast and Mk 3 are easily two of the best figures I own. The Iron Patriot was great too. And for its time, the first Mk 1 was phenomenal (and still is, relatively).

It’s the film designs that drive those in fairness. If the screen suit is just an updated mk3 then the figure will be an updated mk3.

Of course. I was speaking to both the on screen suit and the figures that follow.

Just going from what we've seen and the 004 designation on his arm, it's a different generation of armor than just an updated Mk 3. (I know you were just giving an example).

Agree that it’s the mk4. But that doesn’t rule out just a tweak to the suit. Marvel may not yet have done that with war machine, but that could just be because of a lack of screen time. They do it with iron man all the time. And cap and Thor and everyone else that has decent screen time really. There are clear differences between the mk3 and mk4 but there are a lot of similarities as well. This appears much more like the iron man mk45 to 46 update then the war machine mk2 to mk3. Which means it’s possible that they just tweak the mk3 figure to match how it’s done on screen.

Agree that it’s the mk4. But that doesn’t rule out just a tweak to the suit. Marvel may not yet have done that with war machine, but that could just be because of a lack of screen time. They do it with iron man all the time. And cap and Thor and everyone else that has decent screen time really. There are clear differences between the mk3 and mk4 but there are a lot of similarities as well. This appears much more like the iron man mk45 to 46 update then the war machine mk2 to mk3. Which means it’s possible that they just tweak the mk3 figure to match how it’s done on screen.

It’s the film designs that drive those in fairness. If the screen suit is just an updated mk3 then the figure will be an updated mk3.

bingo! this guy gets it...

I agree with the last part tho. mk1 wm is definitely just pure classic bad ass. =)

I'm hoping for some more weaponry on this one than a single shoulder cannon. Doesn't look like War Machine to me if it isn't covered in weapons.

More like this:

FEB182504.jpg

Any news on his new suit figure yet?
I need this badly

I think Don Cheadle is doing a great job as Rhodey and War Machine. Wasn't as big a fan of Terrence Howard.

Hoping to see a reveal for this figure soon. I missed out on War Machine Mark I & III because I wasn't collecting then. Mark II is too small and doesn't look nearly imposing enough.

Why are we even talking about Howard? Nobody cares anymore. That was a looooong time ago. Cheadle IS war machine.

I guess it sorta proves how weak Cheadle is in the role that people still talk about Howard

Back