Hot Toys MMS AOTC Padme Amidala (Speculation)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys MMS xxx Padme Amidala speculation thread

Nice! That listing was legit after all. Wonder if HT will tease an Episode 2 Anakin to go with her?

So the Exposed Mid-riff version will be the deluxe?

Slightly better photo. Looking good!
68134d8116b8bc726fca49c2e0fddbbd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Pretty plain. Just wait for the battle damage version.

Can finally say with proof that the Arena Padme as a doll is not very interesting.

Going to be a lot of fans taking scissors to this dolly.

I am not at all digging the neck joint. My eyes were drawn right to it.

Can finally say with proof that the Arena Padme as a doll is not very interesting.

Going to be a lot of fans taking scissors to this dolly.

Different body would probably be better for that ripped shirt look. HT bodies still have that “toyish” look underneath.

Man...i have no interest whatsover in the prequels ...but i feel sorry for the people who wanted this. Early days tho i guess ..may look better from other angles? That neck tho ..eek.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Man...i have no interest whatsover in the prequels ...but i feel sorry for the people who wanted this. Early days tho i guess ..may look better from other angles? That neck tho ..eek.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

No need to feel sorry as I guarantee nobody will display her at that angle. It's definitely a plain looking costume but that neck joint is not really that big of a deal, not sure why people are blowing it out of proportion like people are gonna display her cheeks facing front:lol

I'm sure that figure will look better in other pictures, but I was much more looking for them to do that one costume from TPM, since it's very iconic and would be really impressive for them to do at 1/6th scale. Also wouldn't have had any issues with visible joints.

I don't like the neck joint but this is from a digital zoom off a cell phone. Wait for the better photos later.

They probably did this version first because it’s easier.

No need to feel sorry as I guarantee nobody will display her at that angle. It's definitely a plain looking costume but that neck joint is not really that big of a deal, not sure why people are blowing it out of proportion like people are gonna display her cheeks facing front:lol

I think most guys were hoping to pose her like this...

padme_battle_for_geonosis_05.jpg

Thank god she doesn't have that goofy exposed midriff. the look is much cooler as is. That being said, I'd love one of her senate looks or her queen outfit from episode 1. But this is great. I have put off buying any Prequel figures. But Dooku and Padme might be the two I go for.

I would have preferred the palace attack outfit from TPM for an 'action' Padme, to be honest, but I know I'm in the minority on that one. Just as I'm likely also very much in the minority as having zero interest in any of the regal looks, most of which never felt Star Warsy enough for me visually, though I know many fans love them, and I'd be surprised if Hot Toys didn't do the painted Queen look at some point at the very least.

This is fine, I guess, but because it looks a bit loose fitting and lacks the fitted skintight catsuit aspect that the movie version had going for it, I think it comes across as a bit underwhelming, and, frankly, dull. At least based on what I can see so far. That neck isn't doing it any favours, either, but early days and early pics, and honestly, I think people will forgive a lot of other nitpicks if the likeness is there. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back