Hot Toys - MMS 82 - 12 inches Edward Scissorhands collectible figure spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The outfit is immensely impressive, but why is everyone getting excited about the one pic that has the one angle in which Depp's likeness is vaguely recognizable?

So will you need to pose the figure with his head constantly posed upwards in order for it to look like Depp?

Awesome pose and the outfit is amazing. The portrait is recognizable in that pic, but I still think they purposely made a vague likeness.

I have a gut feeling that HT will not get licensing rights to do any Lee family figures.

NECA but not HT, i don't think so. I also think The Crow is something outside that license. I don't think The Crow license really counts as a Lee family license but is just a The Crow license, i could be wrong though.

Ok back to Ed now.

Last edited:
I also think The Crow is something outside that license. I don't think The Crow license really counts as a Lee family license but is just a The Crow license, i could be wrong though.

So like HT could make a Crow figure, just not with Lee's likeness. correct? Like this figure, 99% accurate or so just minus an official Depp likeness.

So like HT could make a Crow figure, just not with Lee's likeness. correct? Like this figure, 99% accurate or so just minus an official Depp likeness.

No i think they can do it with Lee's likeness. So much Crow merchandise has been made, from model kits to action figures small and big companies i really don't see how this could be a problem for Hot Toys.

The question is; are likeness rights and movie rights always two seperate things, i really don't know.

I wouldn't be interested in a Crow figure without Brandon Lee's likeness. That figure above all should have an accurate likeness in my opinion.

Beautiful...And its sculpted by a great American sculptor....:rock....The likeness I think is ok enough to immediately recognize the character.The clothing and box are out of this world.

DSC_4271.jpg

DSC_4273.jpg

Now those pics look more like Depp. And the hair doesn't look to over-the-top. What changes did you make? And what methods and material did you use?

Now those pics look more like Depp. And the hair doesn't look to over-the-top. What changes did you make? And what methods and material did you use?

It is not a mod from a board member here. They have been shared from the toy-word forum.

You can see the rough edges where the hair has literally been snipped off.

Right. Its a good headsculpt just not a good likeness. Prophecy Girl Buffy is a bad headsculpt. people are knocking on this thing like its a complete atrocity

People knocking this are the same people who, months from now, will be kicking themselves for not buying this. You DO NOT pass on a figure with as much detail as this one has. Head sculpts are easy to come by, but just try making an outfit as complicated as this one. I am buying at least two. The eventual custom head will be an easy upgrade.

I would have bought it if it had looked similar to that modded version. No outfit is worth the purchase of a figure that doesn't look like the character imo.

Back