Hot Toys - MMS 82 - 12 inches Edward Scissorhands collectible figure spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not the sculpt that bothers me, it's the hair. Couldn't they've at least done that right?

Okay, who has the rights to the hair? At least there's still time for them to change that.

My kid (who is obsessed with this movie) said he looks like a girl with the big hair. :monkey2

I think with the hair they were going for a stylized look more in line with Tim Burton's design of the character rather than the actual on-screen execution.

regardless of the criticism, i still like it. The outfit looks amazing, and the likeness is good enough. It looks like Johnyy Depp as Edward... maybe not EXACT, but very very good. Hair is ok, not the greatest, but not terrible. But the outfit!! Insanity! I just sold my NECA 18" Edward and am ready to make the upgrade.

Ordered.

Yeah, the sculpt is close enough for me with this character. If HT doesn't fix the hair, I may think about fixing it myself, but will definitely wait to have him in hand before making that decision. The costume and the rest of the figure do look amazing. This may be the best 1:6 scale articulated representation of Edward we're likely to see for some time, and I for one, do not plan to miss out on it!

I was having second thoughts and was starting to sway towards getting this figure, but having looked at it again I am certain I wont get it :horror

I'm hoping the hair will be a separate piece. If it is I'm going this route...
MaxandMisterScary034.jpg

That really is one funny looking pile of noodles on top of his head...looks kinda like symbiote droppings. I just hope it can be removed fairly easily. :monkey4

I'd just leave the hair on.. While it doesn't look right, it elongates the non-depp sculpt and makes it appear more like him. Without that effect I think the likeness would dissapear.

Back