Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the first time I’ve actually seen the cape and gone “looks off”. Maybe it’s just the lighting. I’m usually easy to please, perhaps.

Yeah, the material looks wrong. It’s like they’ve completely given up on trying to make good capes out of any accurate materials and found a heavier, more “leathery” material and have been phoning it in since.

Is that not the same material they used for Batfleck's cape or am I imagining stuffs?

Either way, I'm almost positive I've seen that style material used on some cape in the past but I can't place it specifically.

I don't have an issue with the cape honestly, but I guess I see why others would. I'll wait to get it in hand before deciding to go the custom route.
It's not a terrible cape they gave it, truth be told. Especially compared to the trash bag the gave us with the original release.

It's just not anywhere near accurate. It stands out because of how accurate this figure tries to be, yet fails on the damn cape. Which throws the whole damn figure off, for some.

It's Batman. Get the cape right based on the version of Bats we're discussing at any moment in time or be eff'ed.

The cape means a lot, imo.

It's not a terrible cape they gave it, truth be told. Especially compared to the trash bag the gave us with the original release.

It's just not anywhere near accurate.
Yup. I understand that it's not accurate, at least from an outer materials standpoint. But, for me, it still doesn't look bad. I think it looks fine on the figure and and appears to drape well instead of flaring out. That's more or less what I mean by not having an issue with the cape.

Last edited:
Mine will be drapped back over the shoulders as that is the iconic and unique 1989 look so the material should not be too much of an issue.
Feel like that will definitely be possible with this cape. Should look nice in that way.

Also for anyone looking for the Jaxon Xu capes. Both the drape cape and the wired cape is available (with roughly a 4-6 month lead time in my experience) on OSK.

$15 deposit. $75 total. The wired may be a bit more, not sure as I didn't get that one.

What's the material that the scout trooper boots are made from? That's a really thin rubbery material that could look perfect as a drape cape.

This looks like good Bat-cape material…

4BA3C6F7-8F61-4EB6-97BC-2A0222FF19AE.jpeg

embarrassed-sad.gif

Back