1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up preordering via Popcultcha using pennies.
The price on Toys Wonderland HK has become too high once shipping is factored in- it's annoying they seem to increase their pricing as time goes on.

I can't believe I've bought a second version of this figure. I feel like such a sucker.

I ended up preordering via Popcultcha using pennies.
The price on Toys Wonderland HK has become too high once shipping is factored in- it's annoying they seem to increase their pricing as time goes on.

I can't believe I've bought a second version of this figure. I feel like such a sucker.
I'm right there with you noisyrobot. I said the exact words to myself. But Jedi Luke is my favorite version of him, so I want the best available. Plus I like the different display options.

Finally done futz the black suit for ROTJ Luke
b0b3913da88c3db23d56a1e2cc24020a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess that member and the pic was a figment of several of our collective imaginations. But this is one strange forum, from my perspective. Either communication happens rapidly, someone disappears, or you're ignored. The YouTube comment section can be a better means lol.

If anyone is double dipping (or more) and ends up with a spare lightsaber hilt and non-motion blade, I'd love to take it off your hands. Ideally I'd grab both, but I'd settle for the blade alone if necessary.

Okay, so I just received a version 2 in the post and......yeah.....night and day. It may appear to only be subtly different but it's a BIG improvement. The top part of that suit is definitely re-tailored. The collar is different, the shoulders improved and more squared off, it's a snugger fit on the torso, the arms sit better and the cuffs do feel more roomy for an arm swap out. I thought before receiving him that it would probably just be the same top on a different under suit . I don't think that's the case.

I hadn't been convinced on this purchase, but now its here I'm very glad I picked it up. Also, I really like the re-coloured hair, another improvement that again is subtle but lifts the overall look.

I STILL think the original head is the clear winner of the three sculpts. The gritted teeth sculpt looks really good in person, far better than pictures are capturing.

I have put the poncho and helmet onto my v1, and that works perfectly as the failings of the v1 upper body are completely hidden. The v1 wearing the poncho looks exactly the same as the v2 wearing the poncho.

Worked out in the end I guess as now have a top-drawer death star/sail barge luke and a great Endor luke to eventually pair with Endor Leia and, hopefully, one day, an Endor Han.

If you have been fretting on this one as to whether it would make that much of a difference, but have been considering purchasing nonetheless, then I would say absolutely pick him up. He is now a first rate Luke figure that I very much doubt they will ever better.

Consider me mildly annoyed that I had to buy it in the first place.....but extremely pleased to have such a great figure.

Just got Shipping Notice for Next Wednesday from SSC !

Yup Wednesday notice for me as well from Sideshow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a notice. Usually takes 5-6 days to get to the east coast. Hope it arrives before Xmas.

20191214_165205.jpg
I really like this figure. he doesn't look as toothy in person, ya know? Here he is w/ a SSC belt and stand

Last edited:
Back