1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do they make luke and han sculpts off on purpose? Maybe they know lunatics like me will forever upgrade for better? The original Jedi luke was fine. Did we need tooth and sideways eyes added?

Do they make luke and han sculpts off on purpose? Maybe they know lunatics like me will forever upgrade for better? The original Jedi luke was fine. Did we need tooth and sideways eyes added?

I don't mind the sideways look version. Works pretty well with the windblown hair. The grit teeth sculpt def looks best in the Endor helmet...I was just playing around with setups.

As far as changing the sculpts for this release...people have already complained to no end how the Endor Deluxe wasn't necessary...I can only imagine how upset people would be if they kept the same exact sculpt. Nothing wrong with some choices/variety.

Great pics Jamielov, from my point of view this upgraded version of ROTJ is definitely worth the $$$. I could see there are some drastic improvements compared with first Jedi version.

I think the sideways glance eyes sculpt goes great with the sandstorm Luke set up, especially with the wind blown hair

1201191312.jpg

Great pics Jamielov, from my point of view this upgraded version of ROTJ is definitely worth the $$$. I could see there are some drastic improvements compared with first Jedi version.

Thank you very much! I know my crappy LG phone camera takes rather horrible pics...but I wanted to get some examples out for everyone, as seeing prior in hand photos has helped me make some past decisions. I am really digging the amount of changes one can accomplish with the figure, multiple sculpts, and accessories.

I just don't see it; besides it overall looking more slender. The hair looks more copperish on the new one. The comparison in the Justin's Collection video has the first Luke looking intentionally futzed with to look bad. The body/clothing on mine looks more like the original one. I know ppl have said the manufacturer applied the padded undersuit badly on some.

I'm just wondering what the upgrade/difference is supposed to be with the new head; besides looking off to the right (and the hair colour). I do display them with the cloak, so it seems like it's not necessary to get this one. And like I said, mine just doesn't look stocky. But any insight on the drastic improvements would be greatly appreciated; cause I'll buy the new one if there's a real good reason to.

Well, I wanted the poncho and helmet, so I bought a parted out figure that includes the body and black suit as well. When I get it I will compare it to my original release figure.

Looking at all of the pictures above there appears to be zero difference in the tailoring of the black suit. The shoulder seams and sleeve width look the same.....so i suspect the only change between the figures is the fat suit used underneath is slightly less padded this time around. Unless you want the new accessories, which you can pick up parted out, I'm not sure it's worth the purchase if you have the original. You can just buy the new fatsuit on ebay and swap that out.

I am certainly of the opinion that the original headsculpt is the best of the three, though the gritted teeth sculpt is also on the way (for my endor version).

Will tell you the specific differences when the new figure arrives.

I just don't see it; besides it overall looking more slender. The hair looks more copperish on the new one. The comparison in the Justin's Collection video has the first Luke looking intentionally futzed with to look bad. The body/clothing on mine looks more like the original one. I know ppl have said the manufacturer applied the padded undersuit badly on some.

I'm just wondering what the upgrade/difference is supposed to be with the new head; besides looking off to the right (and the hair colour). I do display them with the cloak, so it seems like it's not necessary to get this one. And like I said, mine just doesn't look stocky. But any insight on the drastic improvements would be greatly appreciated; cause I'll buy the new one if there's a real good reason to.

I'm not sure anyone claimed "drastic" improvements...there are just little things here and there. Someone claimed the suit was exactly tailored the same. I don't believe this to be so. The figure is less stocky than the original release, and the suit fits him very nicely. I remember when people were originally removing the padding on the first release, they had to sew it or clip it in the back to keep the suit from looking too baggy. That's not a problem here. As I also mentioned, they definitely did something with the sleeve where you change arms...as it used to be an awful task getting the lit arm on and off the figure in the first release, but on this one, it barely took me 10 seconds. Other thoughts:. I like how it comes with both sabers, especially the V2, as that is what Mark Hamill used for roughly 95% of ROTJ, not the hero prop. Then you also have the Endor gear, which is pretty great. The sculpts...well that's all personal opinion. The original Luke sort of looked like a spaced out fish staring into Oblivion...I definitely like the newer sculpts better, and I feel each had a head piece that compliments it (grit teeth with the helmet, sideways looking Like with wind blown hair).

So that's my take on it. Anyone not expecting perfection or huge revelations will most likely like this. Anyone who is usually very critical of a figure, you might want to skip it, as there truly is no such thing as perfection when it comes to Hot Toys

Well, I wanted the poncho and helmet, so I bought a parted out figure that includes the body and black suit as well. When I get it I will compare it to my original release figure.

Looking at all of the pictures above there appears to be zero difference in the tailoring of the black suit. The shoulder seams and sleeve width look the same.....so i suspect the only change between the figures is the fat suit used underneath is slightly less padded this time around. Unless you want the new accessories, which you can pick up parted out, I'm not sure it's worth the purchase if you have the original. You can just buy the new fatsuit on ebay and swap that out.

I am certainly of the opinion that the original headsculpt is the best of the three, though the gritted teeth sculpt is also on the way (for my endor version).

Will tell you the specific differences when the new figure arrives.

Like I said some pages ago, my V1 is not that bulky like in Justin's video at all. Comparing to my own figure, it's really hard to tell if V2 is really so much slimer.

Can't wait to see your comparision. Thanx. :clap

I'm not sure anyone claimed "drastic" improvements...there are just little things here and there. Someone claimed the suit was exactly tailored the same. I don't believe this to be so. The figure is less stocky than the original release, and the suit fits him very nicely. I remember when people were originally removing the padding on the first release, they had to sew it or clip it in the back to keep the suit from looking too baggy. That's not a problem here. As I also mentioned, they definitely did something with the sleeve where you change arms...as it used to be an awful task getting the lit arm on and off the figure in the first release, but on this one, it barely took me 10 seconds. Other thoughts:. I like how it comes with both sabers, especially the V2, as that is what Mark Hamill used for roughly 95% of ROTJ, not the hero prop. Then you also have the Endor gear, which is pretty great. The sculpts...well that's all personal opinion. The original Luke sort of looked like a spaced out fish staring into Oblivion...I definitely like the newer sculpts better, and I feel each had a head piece that compliments it (grit teeth with the helmet, sideways looking Like with wind blown hair).

So that's my take on it. Anyone not expecting perfection or huge revelations will most likely like this. Anyone who is usually very critical of a figure, you might want to skip it, as there truly is no such thing as perfection when it comes to Hot Toys

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl Completely accurate. When I looked at my original after I got this new one I thought wow . . . he looks pretty durpy.

Seconding the points on the suit as well. All the pictures I've seen of the original after the fat suit was removed or modified, the suit looks loose and sloppy. I always thought the suit was a little baggy and ill-filling even with the fat suit on on my original. This figure definitely doesn't look like that. While the suit may be the same, there's definitely some nip/tucking to it because it fits pretty perfectly to the updated body and looks very clean and sleek.

Urrrgh..!

I hate my Jedi Luke now, thanks for your efforts pointing out those :lol

I used the word drastic, cause I quoted what DarkChocobi said in my post. They said "I could see there are some drastic improvements compared with the first Jedi version"

I just need one ROTJ Luke, and I go with the Jabba's palace arrival look. So even though I love the Endor look (and gritted teeth), I just don't need another Luke from that movie in my way too ginormous collection (I need to sell a lot of stuff again). And I do like the initial Jedi Luke head more than the looking off to the side version. It can be great for certain poses, just not so much with them wearing the cloak. But I totally can see the major appeal in getting this figure. All the the variations with the outfit they wore in that movie are all my favorites.

I'm a perfectionist, and generally I'm like 95% satisfied with Hot Toys figures..and some other brands (Threezero, QMX, Blitzway). What I've generally never been super satisfied with are Sideshow figures. But with all my Hot Toys (all OT Star Wars and non Marvel stuff), I have little to nothing to complain about...thank god.

As far as I can see in pics so far this suit shirt seems exactly the same as V.1 - they both suffer from the "shoulder point" seams being just a bit too far out (ie the seam should be a bit closer in toward the neck) and the cut being a bit too baggy in the pectoral/abdomen area (ie from about the armpit area down to waist.) Maybe better pics will show if any differences exist but so far I'm not seeing anything obvious.

I still think the issues with the V.1 were largely due to some of the fatsuits being applied differently at the factory. I took my V.1 out of the box, did very little futzing and it looked fine (not perfect at all, but not the disaster others described on theirs figs,) yet others seemed to have major issues with how it looked.

Not sure I'm liking either of the headsculpts in this set on their own so far, but the sandstorm and helmeted set-ups make them both look really pretty darn good. Nice pics jamielov.

As a point of comparison, these are the pics I took straight of the box of my V.1. without any real futzing at all.

3LvlLV7.jpg

oNFTKxD.jpg

As far as I can see in pics so far this suit shirt seems exactly the same as V.1 - they both suffer from the "shoulder point" seams being just a bit too far out (ie the seam should be a bit closer in toward the neck) and the cut being a bit too baggy in the pectoral/abdomen area (ie from about the armpit area down to waist.) Maybe better pics will show if any differences exist but so far I'm not seeing anything obvious.

I still think the issues with the V.1 were largely due to some of the fatsuits being applied differently at the factory. I took my V.1 out of the box, did very little futzing and it looked fine (not perfect at all, but not the disaster others described on theirs figs,) yet others seemed to have major issues with how it looked.

Not sure I'm liking either of the headsculpts in this set on their own so far, but the sandstorm and helmeted set-ups make them both look really pretty darn good. Nice pics jamielov.

As a point of comparison, these are the pics I took straight of the box of my V.1. without any real futzing at all.

3LvlLV7.jpg

oNFTKxD.jpg

That was one of the issues I had with my original. The new one, at least mine, doesn't seem to come to as nearly drastic of a point as my original.

IMG_0205.jpg

Please excuse my mess of wires, I'm planning on a display overhaul here sometime pretty soon. And I think every time I open up my cabinet I change something on Crait Luke :lol

My picture does it NO justice, but I'm so glad I got this figure. I'll probably lose my ass selling my original but it's still worth it.

For the tailoring I always felt like the front square thing with the flap was too thick, at least I suppose I'm glad they didn't improve it so I wouldn't be tempted to buy it.

For the tailoring I always felt like the front square thing with the flap was too thick, at least I suppose I'm glad they didn't improve it so I wouldn't be tempted to buy it.

Contrarily I find it very annoying that they didn't fix the flap. Surely they received a ton of complaints about this and just chose to ignore them.

Back