1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow not getting this one in till next year either? So much for all my Christmas presents this year :(

That was one of the issues I had with my original. The new one, at least mine, doesn't seem to come to as nearly drastic of a point as my original.

View attachment 472236

Please excuse my mess of wires, I'm planning on a display overhaul here sometime pretty soon. And I think every time I open up my cabinet I change something on Crait Luke :lol

My picture does it NO justice, but I'm so glad I got this figure. I'll probably lose my ass selling my original but it's still worth it.

The overall problem with the shirt cut on both Luke versions is that those two shoulder seams are too far apart - so you can either pinch them (to take up some of the material) like mine is or let them droop down a bit past the point of shoulder like yours is.

The arrows show where it should occur, up on the top of the shoulder, not drooped down past it:

ZUWT03T.jpg

So if you pinched the seams on yours and gave a light tug upward it would look the same as my V.1. The shirt to me looks unchanged from V.1 - it's possible that the inner padding suit was slightly altered, but I'd kind of doubt it. We'll see once the fig is parted out.

Many figures have already been parted out on ebay. I have posted a picture of the new fatsuit from a parted out v2 about 2 pages back, it is different to the v1.
But nothing else appears to have changed. Same under body, same tailored suit.

Some people have commented that the light up arm goes in easier than the v1. I have a v1 and it's a nightmare to put that arm in, my brother has the v1 and it goes on easily. That's just a fraction of a millimetre tolerance thing. It'll vary figure to figure.

That's why the shoulder seams are not in the right place, it's the result of a thinner fatsuit (a "thinsuit?), so the v1 top is not quite the right fit. You can see it in EVERY v2 picture posted in this thread.

If you want to emulate the v2 look with your v1, just buy the v2 fatsuit, though I really don't think there is a lot between them. Definitely a little bulkier though.

I don't think Hot Toys have done any radical work here, the gritted teeth sculpt was from the already previewed Endor figure, the base is the Sandtrooper base repurposed.....the extra work is the sandstorm goggles and cloak. I doubt they were going to re-tailor the whole costume.

Either way, for those who do not own the v1, it's an undoubtedly great all round package isn't it and I'm excited to get the v2 as I love the Endor look. If other v1 owners do too and either don't want to or can't afford to buy a v2, then there have been loads of parted out helmets and ponchos selling on ebay, grab them while you can (and if you are fortunate enough to be able to stretch for them) and you're all sorted!

I futzed with the figures a little and Im going to throw them up on the shelf for a while (mostly now waiting for Endor Leia...gonna be a long time) so I snapped two more shots for anyone wanting a look.

Sideshow now shows December as the release date , has anyone that?s doing payments got a delay email ?

That I'm not sure of. I was stuck on my final payment since September (or possibly earlier) and then each month right around time the payment was scheduled to come out, I'd get the delay email. Finally after it was pushed back to January, I had enough and ordered elsewhere, and comically got it 7 days later.

Im gonna pull the trigger on him after Christmas. I have close to 150 in rewards points to soften the blow. Never would I ever pay full price for this figure without the kick in- considering I have the V1. Dead horse here- but it sucks that we have to buy this figure again. Slightly tailored suit or not- it looks a world better!

Im gonna pull the trigger on him after Christmas. I have close to 150 in rewards points to soften the blow. Never would I ever pay full price for this figure without the kick in- considering I have the V1. Dead horse here- but it sucks that we have to buy this figure again. Slightly tailored suit or not- it looks a world better!

You won't be sorry. It's a great upgrade.

Regarding Jedi Luke v.1

I just took a close look at mine and there is, indeed, STAINING FROM THE JEDI ROBE.

Not a complete surprised, but thought I would spread the word in case you hadn?t heard.

9be5943c160f6159905eeab5738fc85c.jpg

I just don't see it; besides it overall looking more slender. The hair looks more copperish on the new one. The comparison in the Justin's Collection video has the first Luke looking intentionally futzed with to look bad. The body/clothing on mine looks more like the original one. I know ppl have said the manufacturer applied the padded undersuit badly on some.

I'm just wondering what the upgrade/difference is supposed to be with the new head; besides looking off to the right (and the hair colour). I do display them with the cloak, so it seems like it's not necessary to get this one. And like I said, mine just doesn't look stocky. But any insight on the drastic improvements would be greatly appreciated; cause I'll buy the new one if there's a real good reason to.

There's a reason why some people with V1 have ****tier bodies and headsculpts than others. It's because the earliest batch had the fattest suits and possibly missing a wash on the head sculpts. The next batch fixed the fat suit issue.

Anyway, I had the first batch and I was really disappointed with the figure. Watching Justin's video, I saw a marked improvement on the face sculpt and the suit! It was finally the ROTJ Luke I had been waiting for.

So I just used all my points plus a 5% discount code to get him for nearly free. I'll probably sell parts of the original I don't need. It's annoying but hopefully I can recoup my losses somewhat with the sales.

There's a reason why some people with V1 have ****tier bodies and headsculpts than others. It's because the earliest batch had the fattest suits and possibly missing a wash on the head sculpts. The next batch fixed the fat suit issue.

Anyway, I had the first batch and I was really disappointed with the figure. Watching Justin's video, I saw a marked improvement on the face sculpt and the suit! It was finally the ROTJ Luke I had been waiting for.

So I just used all my points plus a 5% discount code to get him for nearly free. I'll probably sell parts of the original I don't need. It's annoying but hopefully I can recoup my losses somewhat with the sales.

Really?

I believe so. I and a friend both received at the same time with the same issues. A friend who bought it a few months later didn't have the fat suit problem. I went online and noticed that people who got newer batches also didn't have the same issues.

I can totally see that. I did end up getting a second, due to **** retentive "QC issues." I do remember that second one that I kept looking better. Didn't think about it at the time with having less/better fitted padding than the first..but I guess that was the case. This is my holy grail of Luke, but it looks like I'm gonna be okay with my second batch edition. That's really awesome you got the new one for practically free. And good luck with selling off the parts you don't want...hopefully getting a fair price for em.

Back