1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you guys think they'll do another Luke? I imagine the ESB version that they teased at Comic Con will be their last major Luke figure.

Thinking about getting this guy from popcultcha with the $30 discount they have right now. Maybe pick up the ESB sculpt if that ends up looking better.

hot-toys-02.jpg

Can you post the code for this discount?

Two caveats though - only on in-stock items (ie no PO's) and if the item price was already discounted previously, even if it's been that lower price for many months, the May 4th discount is applied to the original price, not that already-discounted price (which for those watching a particular item that became the "normal price" long ago.)

Most of the discounted stuff is ST anyways BUT Deluxe R2,Maul with speeder,Deluxe Luke,Endor Luke,Crait Luke,Bespin Leia and PT Yoda would be high on my list if I didn't already have them.
yep,no discount for Pre order items but does any store do a discount for Pre order these days?

Most of the discounted stuff is ST anyways BUT Deluxe R2,Maul with speeder,Deluxe Luke,Endor Luke,Crait Luke,Bespin Leia and PT Yoda would be high on my list if I didn't already have them.
yep,no discount for Pre order items but does any store do a discount for Pre order these days?

But that's what I mean though - the HT TFA R2 is currently discounted from A$340 down to A$300 - the presumed May 4th 20% discount will bring that fig down to $272, which is a nice A$28 discount but it's not the A$300 dropped down to A$240 you'd expect glancing at the fig's "standard" price as of May 3rd.

I just think if you've discounted a figure already and it's been that price for many months, it's pretty crappy to then say a new one-off sale price is calculated on the original price.

And some of the ST stuff won't be included in the sale because they are already discounted more than 20%.

One other thing - you can't use Pennies during a May 4th type sale either. So once you get that 20% discount, you can't drop it further even if you have a bunch of Pennies.

FYI if you have a credit card that does free foreign transaction fees, pay for your Popcultcha stuff in AUD$, it's cheaper.

But that's what I mean though - the HT TFA R2 is currently discounted from A$340 down to A$300 - the presumed May 4th 20% discount will bring that fig down to $272, which is a nice A$28 discount but it's not the A$300 dropped down to A$240 you'd expect glancing at the fig's "standard" price as of May 3rd.

I just think if you've discounted a figure already and it's been that price for many months, it's pretty crappy to then say a new one-off sale price is calculated on the original price.

And some of the ST stuff won't be included in the sale because they are already discounted more than 20%.

One other thing - you can't use Pennies during a May 4th type sale either. So once you get that 20% discount, you can't drop it further even if you have a bunch of Pennies.

Pretty much this. Popcultcha sales used to the the highlight of my calendar. Now they are pretty meaningless as anything I'm not prepared to PO (which has an early bird 10% off plus any pennies reduction) has usually been sitting there a while already discounted so the sale doesn't really act as much of a carrot for all the reasons Tali highlights. Compare to the good old days when I got the C3PO/R2D2 Premium format (the original one with the Tatooine base) which was still on PO for 20% off plus pennies discount. Including PO's in the sale really had me ordering a lot of stuff I was on the fence with that I probably wouldn't have gotten if I'd waited until it was actually released. And at today's prices with our lousy dollar, every extra bit saved helps to make that decision to give popcultcha my money a bit easier.

I checked every day for two weeks with the honey add on. Never had any working codes; just pulled the trigger on Deluxe Luke as he's OOS everywhere else. Basically retail + 5 after the conversion rate.

I gave in 2 minutes after I posted that and bought the non deluxe using code GEETROIT for $39 off using Honey. Shipped from Popcultcha today to Tassie.

Pretty much this. Popcultcha sales used to the the highlight of my calendar. Now they are pretty meaningless as anything I'm not prepared to PO (which has an early bird 10% off plus any pennies reduction) has usually been sitting there a while already discounted so the sale doesn't really act as much of a carrot for all the reasons Tali highlights. Compare to the good old days when I got the C3PO/R2D2 Premium format (the original one with the Tatooine base) which was still on PO for 20% off plus pennies discount. Including PO's in the sale really had me ordering a lot of stuff I was on the fence with that I probably wouldn't have gotten if I'd waited until it was actually released. And at today's prices with our lousy dollar, every extra bit saved helps to make that decision to give popcultcha my money a bit easier.

Yeah I think I'm so grouchy about it because it has changed so much - pennies is an ironic name for their loyalty program.:lol

I gave in 2 minutes after I posted that and bought the non deluxe using code GEETROIT for $39 off using Honey. Shipped from Popcultcha today to Tassie.

Does that code only work once? I used it once then tried to use it again and it didn't work.

It's a funny code because the areas around Geelong are in fact now becoming like Detriot.:lol

Not sure sorry but I've bought a few hot toys over the last month and honey gave me different codes each time. Doesn't work all the time.

Not sure if this is the right thread to post in but I'm thinking about ordering this from Toys Wonderland.
Need to pick up a couple other figures too and will save a bunch of money shipping them together in one big box (UPS Worldwide Express), but would this be more likely to get held up in customs and receive all those charges than if I pay more to ship the figures separately? :confused:
Thanks if anyone can help!

Yeah I think I'm so grouchy about it because it has changed so much - pennies is an ironic name for their loyalty program.:lol

Does that code only work once? I used it once then tried to use it again and it didn't work.

It's a funny code because the areas around Geelong are in fact now becoming like Detriot.:lol

I believe it's single use per account yeah. I tried using it when I bought my Deluxe Luke and it wouldn't let me.

Popcultcha is the cheapest I’ve seen it as of now. And one of the few places that has the Deluxe in stock last I checked.

Will probably need to decide on this one soon. I'd pick it up for the sole reason that they won't be making another ROTJ Luke for a while but that sculpt is going to drive me nuts. Not possible to get my hands on an Inigo one either.

Yeah, while it looks decent with top lighting (and also on the bike angle down) that teeth sculpt to me is a bit cringe-inducing.

Not sure what it is that feels off about it - maybe the two rows of teeth being so equal in size (even V.1 has some of that issue) or the fact that they only changed the bottom half of the V.1 sculpt so it's sort of calm original sculpt on the top half but crazy on the new bottom half. It's really clear what they were aiming for but just looks like a cheesy grin or someone in the dentist chair.

Its a standard HT reissue idea, but do think the V.1 sculpt was improved by the sideways eyes on the second DX head though. Looks really nice on the windswept hair especially.

My V.2 shirt has a crisper cut than my V.1 but not sure if that's a very slight redo or the second one just got a better sewing session on day of manufacture.

Popcultcha is the cheapest I?ve seen it as of now. And one of the few places that has the Deluxe in stock last I checked.

Counterpoint, Popcultcha is the most expensive it has ever been at the moment.

I feel it is a better store for Americans than Australians. Cheap international shipping that is well packed and great prices due to our constantly declining currency. Meanwhile we have no good international options because of said currency and also shipping to Australia is criminal. I get that we are an island far from everywhere so it costs to get stuff. But when goods are shipped back to the States at a fraction of the cost it gets me so mad. I like to buy limited edition books and these days the shipping is more than the book. And these are expensive books to start with.

End rant while I go cry in the corner over the cost of my dollies and postage

Counterpoint, Popcultcha is the most expensive it has ever been at the moment.

I feel it is a better store for Americans than Australians. Cheap international shipping that is well packed and great prices due to our constantly declining currency. Meanwhile we have no good international options because of said currency and also shipping to Australia is criminal. I get that we are an island far from everywhere so it costs to get stuff. But when goods are shipped back to the States at a fraction of the cost it gets me so mad. I like to buy limited edition books and these days the shipping is more than the book. And these are expensive books to start with.

End rant while I go cry in the corner over the cost of my dollies and postage

The Australian dollar has risen nearly 10 cents against the US dollar in the past month though. It's now only about 10 cents below the historic average range of around 72-77 cents.

Not sure how old you are, but the Australian dollar at 80 or 90 cents - or even at parity or above (it briefly touched 10 cents over parity in the past decade) - vs the US dollar has been a historically rare thing. The last time (beyond the past decade) was 1989-90.

And if it makes you feel any better, around 2000 the Australian dollar was about 15-20 cents weaker than it is today, below 50 cents to the US dollar. Both cases - rock bottom in 2000 and sky-high in early/mid 2010s - were due to an Asian boom and bust.

The Australian dollar has risen nearly 10 cents against the US dollar in the past month though. It's now only about 10 cents below the historic average range of around 72-77 cents.

Not sure how old you are, but the Australian dollar at 80 or 90 cents - or even at parity or above (it briefly touched 10 cents over parity in the past decade) - vs the US dollar has been a historically rare thing. The last time (beyond the past decade) was 1989-90.

And if it makes you feel any better, around 2000 the Australian dollar was about 15-20 cents weaker than it is today, below 50 cents to the US dollar. Both cases - rock bottom in 2000 and sky-high in early/mid 2010s - were due to an Asian boom and bust.

All of this is true, but the dollars slight rebound didn't come soon enough for Beskar Mandalorian ha ha. It did help with the Scout and Bike but we all know we don't really want that one. Late 90's the Aussie dollar was worse. I was collecting Laserdisc back then and boy did it hurt.

Anyway, currency history doesn't change the fact that $600 for a hot toys figure (current Mandalorian Beskar deluxe price) makes Popcultcha the most expensive it has ever been for Hot Toys. That's just short of DX17 pricing and a full $150 more than deluxe RotJ Luke which is fairly comparable extras wise. Could it get worse? Yes. But are you collecting for $600 a fig?

Back